Say Lou Lou

Is ...Baby one more time the most iconic debut lead single ever?

Just now, light741 said:

I was not the first one to start name calling. So don't try it. I have had enough with that madonna/xtina fan constantly name calling Mariah all the time. 

Then drag him with skill, not by fighting back with the same thing you can't handle hottie1

Together with his name calling he also brought up many good points, if I can give you a hint, taking on those is actually key in winning this discussion, not focusing on the bits of sassy decoration in people's posts ayumi1 We get that that's your strategy of staying out of the more difficult waters, but because we get it, it's not gonna work.. So just focus on the fucking content.

1 minute ago, light741 said:

Proof of what?. That's what you said. Tht xtina is Mariah's equal.

Proof that it's ridiculous to claim that they're on the same level hottie1 In other words, proof that Mariah has had a significantly bigger impact and vocal skill. I'm only asking because you keep presenting your opinion as a fact, so if it's a fact, it should be easy to get the receipts aretha1

3 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Then drag him with skill, not by fighting back with the same thing you can't handle hottie1

Together with his name calling he also brought up many good points, if I can give you a hint, taking on those is actually key in winning this discussion, not focusing on the bits of sassy decoration in people's posts ayumi1We get that that's your strategy of staying out of the more difficult waters, but because we get it, it's not gonna work.. So just focus on the fucking content.

More difficult waters?. Mariah is more acclaimed and impactful. Her singing legacy is above xtina. And there is no way they can change that.

1 minute ago, Earth Ripper said:

Proof that it's ridiculous to claim that they're on the same level hottie1 In other words, proof that Mariah has had a significantly bigger impact and vocal skill. I'm only asking because you keep presenting your opinion as a fact, so if it's a fact, it should be easy to get the receipts aretha1

Because Mariah's technique is miles better than xtina's. Because Mariah has been called BY INDUSTRY PEOPLE the mos impactful vocalist of the past 2 decades. With a style of singing that can be heard in so many including xtina herself.

Because Mariah's technique is miles better than xtina's. Because Mariah has been called BY INDUSTRY PEOPLE the mos impactful vocalist of the past 2 decades. With a style of singing that can be heard in so many including xtina herself.

Do you have any proof of that though, other than your opinion? 

What are industry people?

Can you show us where? 

carla1

Oh wow. My knees are shaking in the face of these receipts.

Anyway, then we come back to the question you've ignored multiple times now: what did Mariah add to Whitney's vocal legacy? From your argumentation it's clear that Christina can't be considered to be a vocal legend because she just ran with Whitney/Mariah's legacy without adding anything new, but as some of us have pointed out, this same criticism can also be used against Mariah gaga12

11 minutes ago, light741 said:

And you are a nobody, a deluded banshee stan. That jumps to the roof whenever Silver Banshee, i mean xtina gets questioned.

The fumes! kii1 For the umpteenth time. Where's your factual evidence? nat1 

@light741 right now:

tumblr_mb1jtl0FOU1r23ps8o3_r1_250.gif

1 hour ago, Selig said:

Can you even read? I specifically said that there's NO WAY to factually know which one has influenced the larger group of people. The only way to know that is to ask each and every living human on Earth. And who has done that? Exactly, no one. So my speculation is just as "fallacious" as yours or the one from that other thing. The difference is that I never presented it as a fact, unlike @light741 who actually had the nerve to do such thing based solely on his opinion. dead4 Yet you had no problem with that, I wonder why! nat1 

I provided those quotes to prove Xtina's impact, nothing to do about her being more impactful than the cow. I already said that there's no factual way to prove it. dead4 If you're gonna get brave and try it with me at least make sure your brain is processing what you read correctly and stop embarrassing yourself for ONCE. rip2 

NO DUH? fall1  Yes, your speculation is just as fallacious as mine because mine was MOCKING YOURS. fall1 It's hilarious when the person insulting others' intelligence misses the point itself. ny2ny2ny2 Such a shame, for a moment there I thought you were going to provide an actual worthy response, but I guess I should know better with you. QT attempt tho. eve1 

Oh and it's also QT that you think the only way to know who influenced more people is by asking every single person on earth. mad4

If I asked you who influenced more people, Xtina or an Oreo cookie, would you say "omg but we can't know for shuree until we ask evryone !!!11" mad4 

Just now, light741 said:

@Kuba @Earth Ripper

Well since you know so much about singing. Why is xtina on Mariah's level vocally?.

Omg is that gonna be your strategy rip3

I never claimed my opinion was a fact. You were the one to state that it was "ridiculous" to argue that they're on the same level (even though I never did that, I just said they're both Whitney derivatives), so you're gonna have to be the one to back that up when that's questioned carla1

Just now, Selig said:

The fumes! kii1 For the umpteenth time. Where's your factual evidence? nat1 

@light741 right now:

Of what?. Your Mariah hate?. Everywhere. That Mariah is above xtina on impact?. Well, you suggested xtina is above . Go and prove it.

Supergirl-Italia-Ricci-Silver-Banshee-Fi

2 minutes ago, light741 said:

Well since you know so much about singing. Why is xtina on Mariah's level vocally?.

Unless you bring up receipts, you're not going to convince anyone here of anything. Just FYI. eve1

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

NO DUH? fall1  Yes, your speculation is just as fallacious as mine because mine was MOCKING YOURS. fall1 It's hilarious when the person insulting others' intelligence misses the point itself. ny2ny2ny2 Such a shame, for a moment there I thought you were going to provide an actual worthy response, but I guess I should know better with you. QT attempt tho. eve1 

Oh and it's also QT that you think the only way to know who influenced more people is by asking every single person on earth. mad4 If I asked you who influenced more people, Xtina or an Oreo cookie, would you say "omg but we can't know for shuree until we ask evryone !!!11" mad4 

The funniest thing here is you talking about missing points when I was completely aware of your dumb mocking attempt and I stated since my very first point that I was just speculating, never presenting it as fact, unlike @light741. Cute attempt indeed. mad7 

Tell us how can we factually prove who has influenced more singers across the world then. I'm dying to know. nat1 

Btw, I love how instead of addressing the points I made you went straight to attack me instead. kii1 

20 minutes ago, light741 said:

Of what?. Your Mariah hate?. Everywhere. That Mariah is above xtina on impact?. Well, you suggested xtina is above . Go and prove it.

100+ posts later and you're still avoiding our requests of factual proof. Next time try not to pass your opinions as facts to avoid the lashings. 

Just now, Earth Ripper said:

Omg is that gonna be your strategy rip3

I never claimed my opinion was a fact. You were the one to state that it was "ridiculous" to argue that they're on the same level (even though I never did that, I just said they're both Whitney derivatives), so you're gonna have to be the one to back that up when that's questioned carla1

I said is ridiculous because Mariah is xtina's vocal superior.

Mariah has superior breath support.

Mariah sings her upper range. Instead of shouting it like xtina

Mariah is capable of producing a very good deal of resonance when she executes her notes, unlike xtina.

She has a greater understanding of harmony than xtina. Mariah has shown that she can use complex lines of music, and elaborate difficult plus effective vocal arrangements that blend perfectly with the music.

She has also proven without a shadow of a doubt, to have more agility than xtina.

Mariah also has a greater musical ear. She knows how to properly handle scales and chords for improvisations, embellishments, ad-libs. She does all of this better than xtina.

19 minutes ago, Selig said:

The funniest thing here is you talking about missing points when I was completely aware of your dumb mocking attempt and I stated since my very first point that I was just speculating, never presenting it as fact, unlike @light741. Cute attempt indeed. mad7 

Tell us how can we factually prove who has influenced more singers across the world then. I'm dying to know. nat1 

Btw, I love how instead of addressing the points I made you went straight to attack me instead. kii1 

100+ posts later and you're still avoiding our requests of factual proof. Next time try not to pass your opinions as facts to avoid the lashings. 

Since you say xtina probably has a bigger legacy. Please show the receipts.

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo4_400.gif

59 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Well for one, Mariah's career didn't end in less than 10 years. RIP Xtina. 1999-2007.

Also, Vision of Love is credited with influencing many female artists to even want to sing, Xtina being one of them. Beyoncé and Rihanna have also listed Mariah as impacting them and making them want to sing. Don't compare Floptina to a skinny legend. Bye.

12 minutes ago, light741 said:

I said is ridiculous because Mariah is xtina's vocal superior.

Mariah has superior breath support.

Mariah sings her upper range. Instead of shouting it like xtina

Mariah is capable of producing a very good deal of resonance when she executes her notes, unlike xtina.

She has a greater understanding of harmony than xtina. Mariah has shown that she can use complex lines of music, and elaborate difficult plus effective vocal arrangements that blend perfectly with the music.

She has also proven without a shadow of a doubt, to have more agility than xtina.

Mariah also has a greater musical ear. She knows how to properly handle scales and chords for improvisations, embellishments, ad-libs. She does all of this better than xtina.

Floptina fans are getting brave. Crazy when she hasn't had a solo #1 since 2000 or a hit album since B2B.

1 minute ago, Mason said:

Floptina fans are getting brave. Crazy when she hasn't had a solo #1 since 2000 or a hit album since B2B.

I like xtina a lot. Her raw talent is there and can't be ignored. But to say that she is on par with Mariah in legacy and vocal ability?. That's certainly not true.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love artists with multiple debut singles 

•Peaked at #1 in EVERY country that charted •+15M units sold •Iconic MV •Skyrocketed Britney as a living legend with only 17 years old •Inspired many artist (and many more to come)

DEBUT lead single

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.