havok

More iconic: BOMT or GJWHV?

More iconic: BOMT or GJWHV?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is more iconic?

• Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
    • Baby One More Time

Britards claim BOMT is the most iconic lead single ever, yet the timeless classic that Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is, exists (also Wannabe).

Let's see what the numbers tell us.

Youtube: GJWHF 353.5m >>> BOTM 254.5m 

Spotify: GJWHF 101.5m >>> BOMT 85.5m

Cyndi effortlessly slays the crap out of the corpse despite the fact that Cyndi's song is 15 years older than Methney's song. 

Truth-Honest-and-Authenticity-Generation-Z.gif

1 minute ago, Skywalker said:

cyndi's song is more well known (outside of the us at least) but britney's had more impact/influenced more artists

Who exactly? nat1 Please, provide evidence. 

5 minutes ago, Selig said:

Who exactly? nat1 Please, provide evidence. 

Lady Gaga (i think kii), Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Beyoncé, Selena Gomez, Hillary Duff, etc

Britney's impact is way bigger than Cyndi's

She's even influenced Madonna with Blackout while she was working on Hard Candy

nat2 

32 minutes ago, Skywalker said:

She's even influenced Madonna with Blackout while she was working on Hard Candy

nat2 

HC sounds nothing like Blackout and it was already almost finished by the time Blackout was released  brit9

Well, i think GJWHF is one of those songs that has  a life of its own. But you were calling Cyndi a fad that was lucky to get 3 WW classics in an older thread. And Britney is a zombi according to you. So your rant on artists depends on the day of the weak or what?.

Fight your hatred. Try to fight it before you turn into a demon!!!!!!!!!!!!. Fight it!!!!!!!!!!!!.

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo4_400.gif

Oops too late.

13 minutes ago, Angelus said:

HC sounds nothing like Blackout and it was already almost finished by the time Blackout was released  brit9

So which is an alternative fact and which is an Agugaga fact rip2

And it's true, they sound nothing alike.

Both are classics.

Most of "Britards" were born after the time cyndi's song was released, so it is kinda understandable if they can't recognize the impact of it, i know i'm more aware of BOMT's impact than it is the case with GJWHV.. since it is more recent.... but still i'm not delusional enough to dismiss cyndi's classic.

ttTI1WU.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You really need to get some new material.

Of course GJWHF, most people here think otherwise because of their age + the fact that Britney has a more iconic career.

GJWHF is one of the most iconic pop songs in history for sure, but I would also have to think that the fact that Ms. Lauper had such a huge classic hit yet remains unknown says volumes; i know people

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.