Merryem

"Death Note", a Japanese-Manga turned into a Japanese-Anime, set in Japan with all Japanese-Characters, Set to have All-White Cast in Netflix Adaptation

14 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I know that a lot of people here might not want to hear it, but it's the ugly truth.

Related image

Probably considering a lot of the people here actually consider the "no blacks/asians" thing in Grindr simply a preference and not racist at all. Sad. rolleyes1 

Just now, Melt Away said:

Probably considering a lot of the people here actually consider the "no blacks/asians" thing in Grindr simply a preference and not racist at all. Sad. rolleyes1 

I made a thread about it once and that's exactly what happened. noway1

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I made a thread about it once and that's exactly what happened. noway1

I don't remember that. Anyway, yea - I don't think finding a certain ethnicity more attractive than another is inherently racist, but totally ruling out anybody of said race in such a blunt way is, to me, clearly racist.

17 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

I don't remember that. Anyway, yea - I don't think finding a certain ethnicity more attractive than another is inherently racist, but totally ruling out anybody of said race in such a blunt way is, to me, clearly racist.

It's fine to find a certain characteristic, that's common to a particular race, attractive. For example, it's completely okay to find paler skin an attractive trait, but flat out saying white people are more attractive to them because they like paler skin better is absolutely ignorant and somewhat racist. First of all --- that trait isn't exclusive to one race, it's present in all of them, actually. Second of all, placing one race above the other, or stating that one race is superior to the other is the literal definition of racism.

It's fine to not prefer dark skin but light-skinned black people exist. It's fine not to prefer smaller eyes but big-eyed Asians exist. Even generally Eurocentric features are found in literally all the other races. All these preferences are heavily based on stereotypes and how the media portrays a certain race.

People trying to say it's ok because they're in America are ignorant. Them being in America is the exact reason as to why the entire cast (bar the one black actor I saw) SHOULDN'T be white. We have every race and ethnicity imaginable here so the fact that they couldn't get a Japenese American for at least the lead is beyond me.

10 minutes ago, Melt Away said:

It's fine to find a certain characteristic, that's common to a particular race, attractive. For example, it's completely okay to find paler skin an attractive trait, but flat out saying white people are more attractive to them because they like paler skin better is absolutely ignorant and somewhat racist. First of all --- that trait isn't exclusive to one race, it's present in all of them, actually. Second of all, placing one race above the other, or stating that one race is superior to the other is the literal definition of racism.

It's fine to not prefer dark skin but light-skinned black people exist. It's fine not to prefer smaller eyes but big-eyed Asians exist. Even generally Eurocentric features are found in literally all the other races. All these preferences are heavily based on stereotypes and how the media portrays a certain race.

This is fair. I believe racial preferences exist and are not racist, but I understand that the the extreme 'no blacks/asians/etc' and the like is very irritating and close-minded.

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

What do you mean? Gay people are no less racist than straight people. You'd think they'd be more understanding since they know what it's like to be discriminated against, but that's not the case.

This tea though! um3 

White gays can be just as bad as straights - whether it be racism, sexism, you name it. I've seen plenty of it around pop forums, and while it's not always as straight forward, it's there. It's often hidden under lots of "haha I'm gay so I'm not racist obviously!, #promotekindnessandlove, etc" dead1 pretty sad

34 minutes ago, Nuclear Chicken said:

This is fair. I believe racial preferences exist and are not racist, but I understand that the the extreme 'no blacks/asians/etc' and the like is very irritating and close-minded.

Could you elaborate on how and why?

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This tea though! um3 

White gays can be just as bad as straights - whether it be racism, sexism, you name it. I've seen plenty of it around pop forums, and while it's not always as straight forward, it's there. It's often hidden under lots of "haha I'm gay so I'm not racist obviously!, #promotekindnessandlove, etc" dead1 pretty sad

I'm on one of those apps and I literally have "Swipe left if you only like whites" on my profile laughcry1

Can't deal with that level of close-mindedness tyvm! carla1

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

This tea though! um3 

And also I totally agree at the sexism part. The gay guys on here refer to women as "fishes" because of the vagina smell, pick apart the FOTP faves' appearances in Battlegrounds like Barbie dolls, and I know gay guys irl who think they can touch boobs out of nowhere just because they're gay. dead1

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

And also I totally agree at the sexism part. The gay guys on here refer to women as "fishes" because of the vagina smell, pick apart the FOTP faves' appearances in Battlegrounds like Barbie dolls, and I know gay guys irl who think they can touch boobs out of nowhere just because they're gay. dead1

This has always kinda annoyed me that some gay guys think they have a pass to be creepy or just cunty to women in general because they're gay. Like that doesn't make you any less of a guy and doesn't give you a pass to do that dead1 no matter how feminine you are, being gay doesn't make you a woman and there are certain boundaries you shouldn't cross dead1 

1 minute ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

You broke one of the ten gay commandments, I guess? 

Well, if I see racism and sexism in my own community then I feel like I have an obligation to address it and call it out. If that makes me a self-hating gay, then so be it and I'm proud to be one! 

3 minutes ago, Come To Shine said:

Gay or straight, they are still human beings at the end of the day.

...Okay? I don't get where these responses are coming from. My point was that gay or straight, they can both be racist at the end of the day.