Savage

TEA TIME.. STORY TIME! *On Ed sheeran*

ED  

7 members have voted

1. 1. I mean they're already credited, but are you able to hear the similarities? (if you heave hearing problems please refrain from voting!)

• Yes, i hear it. REDUCTIVE!!!!!
    • Nope, i don't hear it and you're all wrong.

Hi everyone!

it's me.. #1

FMB1OMv.gif

Say hello to my Co-host... my FOTP audience (you)

Today, if you don't mind, we gonna tell a lil story about a shady ginger queen called ed sheeran.

it is no secret "Shape of you" sounded familiar to many fanbases...

but did you know about this one?

"Shape of you" sounded VERY familiar to a certain song that its original writers HAD TO be credited... let's talk about it.. but before we do, grab your cheetos, pop corn and your fav brand of soda, because this gonna be Ama-ah-zing!

STORY TIME!!!!

Awkhwjw.gif

First things first..

Here's the lyrics video for "Shape of you".. SKIP to the 0:30 mark please... ROLL IT ny1 

Many pointed out the noticeable similarities to TLC's "No scrubs"... hear it yourselves:

NOW Skip to the 0:40 til 01:22 mark.... ROLL IT, we will keep freezing this part til you hear it.. YES, WE'RE ANALYZING!

Are you done?

"No Scrubs" is originally written by Kandi Burruss and Tameka "Tiny" Cottle

it sounded VERY similar, they got officially credited as writers.... lmfao2 

A true "IT FEELS REDUCTIVE" moment..

tumblr_inline_n01eo06zBa1qffoiw.gif

There you go, a nice Kii to start your long day

ca4442a0c550d7bc5cbff323e187240e.png

Source for theScreenCap

Ofc Kandi, one of the NOW-credited writers of "No scrubs", had to celebrate the moment, homegirl got herself some nice royalties.. God knows she's very thankful since TLC been out of it since forever..

How many artists did ED copy for "Shape of you"? i mean beside SIA and now TLC.... 

Too much ORIGINALITY for wanting to be the female adele.

J8sd0xR.gif

7 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

W people found out about it he immediately changed credits jj3 Pathetic piece of ginger trash 

This Sneaky chatty patty queen tried It. xtina7 

6 minutes ago, Witness said:

My tongue turned to ash from that HOT PIPING TEA tea1 

No Scrubs is legendary, Bland of You should be humbled by the comparison xtina15 

As always, boo. ny1 

he should be, he clearly has a habit of comparing himself to artists who are bigger than him.

4 minutes ago, Maryanne said:

I pointed this the first time I heard the song ny13

Yes queen, but some girls took their time with cleaning their ears out i guess.

Ed is revolting. This just proves a certain sexist mindset we currently exists. Ed so blatantly rips off Cheap thrills? "It's fine! It's a good tune so I don't see the harm!" Now this and nobody bats an eye?

Could you imagine the outrage if any of the pop girls did that? awk1

4 minutes ago, Kuba said:

Ed is revolting. This just proves a certain sexist mindset we currently exists. Ed so blatantly rips off Cheap thrills? "It's fine! It's a good tune so I don't see the harm!" Now this and nobody bats an eye?

Could you imagine the outrage if any of the pop girls did that? awk1

clap3 

better yet if it was a black female artist who did it... rav1 

He's confident he will get no harm because he's a male artist, i mean he copied 2 songs, one from a female artist, and the other from a female group JUST to get his song to be a hit, what's more insulting is that, beside copying TLC's iconic single, he shamelessly also chose a recent one to copy (Sia's). lazy af.

Well at least he gave credits to the girl, there are some artists that definitely copies others work and don't credit it. I must say I don't find Shape Of You anything especial from what's playing around anyways and I don't see any originality there, but that's a very interesting news to me.

Y'all need to talk to someone about your crazy hatred whenever he is mentioned rip4 and its not even that similar to cheap thrills other than the marimba or whatever. Good for him for crediting TLC, they seem fucking happy, sorry they didn't act all mighty just for you to have a ki, very sad I know. 

2 hours ago, dojacat said:

What's with all the Ed Sheehan hate? Divide is better than most of your faves' latest releases so I'd keep my drags to myself if I were in some of y'all's shoes.

i want to know exactly who are you talking about moo3

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we already knew this. This isn't tea it's toilet water 

Hi everyone! it's me.. #1 Say hello to my Co-host... my FOTP audience (you) Today, if you don't mind, we gonna tell a lil story about a shady ginger queen called ed sheeran.  

Yes queen, but some girls took their time with cleaning their ears out i guess.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.