Infrared

Gaga : 'I'm Not a Gay Woman'

52 minutes ago, Justin Bieber said:

I mean sexuality is fluid but it seems like gaga wants to get rid of her image being a gay idol. Which is a shame tbh. 

you say this as she's on the gayest show on television dead4 

Being bisexual is not the same as being gay. As a bisexual myself, I don't like being called gay because I'm not attracted to just only the same gender, I'm attracted to both.

1 hour ago, Halcyon said:

Being bisexual is not the same as being gay. As a bisexual myself, I don't like being called gay because I'm not attracted to just only the same gender, I'm attracted to both.

EXACTLY! I'm Bi also, and I wouldn't like to be called gay/lesbian. 

1 hour ago, Sakke said:

Yes, bisexual. Bisexuality =/= Homosexuality and her saying "I'm not a gay woman" means "I'm not exclusively attracted to my own gender."

Besides all this, sexuality can be very fluid for some, or it can also be a marketing ploy because as soon as someone is not straight, people pay more attention to them because "Let's see what this crazy weirdo is up to now"

This, basically. 

2 hours ago, Sakke said:

Yes, bisexual. Bisexuality =/= Homosexuality and her saying "I'm not a gay woman" means "I'm not exclusively attracted to my own gender."

Besides all this, sexuality can be very fluid for some, or it can also be a marketing ploy because as soon as someone is not straight, people pay more attention to them because "Let's see what this crazy weirdo is up to now"

But she explicitly said that she's not part of the community in the OP's quote oprah11 

I'm not bothered anyway, I think she has an interesting perspective and it is healthy for us as a society to endure these kind of conversations, but sometimes it's hard to call the bluff or differentiate honesty from exploitation with her.

Huh.

I've never bought the changing sexualities BS. It's either you are or you're not, and seeing "changes" are just the realization of your true sexuality. So if you think you're gay but then one day you realize women are attractive as well, then you were truly bisexual from the start.

I love her but we all know that Gaga loves to lie. At least I guess she's being truthful now?

19 minutes ago, Jjang said:

But she explicitly said that she's not part of the community in the OP's quote oprah11 

I'm not bothered anyway, I think she has an interesting perspective and it is healthy for us as a society to endure these kind of conversations, but sometimes it's hard to call the bluff or differentiate honesty from exploitation with her.

Yes but people are latching onto the gay part, which isn't the same as bisexual. And then there's the fact that we might be considered one big community but we're still pretty divided. That community could be referring to gay people specifically. Who knows?

But either way, it's Gaga. She's pretty fucky when it comes to being consistent, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just phase to make her stand out orangu1

Just now, Woolridge said:

Same, I always thought that sexuality was supposed to be something that you are born with and I think that sometimes people saying that they can change their sexuality is kinda harmful to the gay community because then ignorant parents or others will think that one can actually change their sexuality and demand that their gay son changes his sexuality. So I agree with you, especially on the last sentence.

Exactly we were born this way, as Gaga herself said. Realizing you are something doesn't mean that you've changed. You're just finding more about and getting more in touch with yourself.

10 minutes ago, Sakke said:

Yes but people are latching onto the gay part, which isn't the same as bisexual. And then there's the fact that we might be considered one big community but we're still pretty divided. That community could be referring to gay people specifically. Who knows?

I feel like that's going way too far to defend what she possibly meant, let's be honest that's not what she meant sia2

10 minutes ago, Sakke said:

But either way, it's Gaga. She's pretty fucky when it comes to being consistent, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just phase to make her stand out orangu1

Which would be ironic 'cause LMs gave Jessie J such a hard time for doing the exact same thing tea2

Just now, Jjang said:

I feel like that's going way too far to defend what she possibly meant, let's be honest that's not what she meant sia2

Which would be ironic 'cause LMs gave Jessie J such a hard doing the exact same thing tea2

That's specifically why I said who knows, this is Gaga we're talking about, I wouldn't go this far if it wasn't. She has this superb ability at making sentences that feel like they mean a million things and then they just .... don't mean anything? orangu1

Let's be real, it probably is dead2 

6 minutes ago, Sakke said:

That's specifically why I said who knows, this is Gaga we're talking about, I wouldn't go this far if it wasn't. She has this superb ability at making sentences that feel like they mean a million things and then they just .... don't mean anything? orangu1

Let's be real, it probably is dead2 

I'm not sure lol, I vividly remember her saying she's straight in a BTWB show oprah6 but I mean she made it pretty damn clear here, she's the kind of person that elaborates endlessly on the same damn thing so I'd be shocked if that's what she meant without mentioning her own sexuality once.

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I'm not sure lol, I vividly remember her saying she's straight in a BTWB show oprah6 but I mean she made it pretty damn clear here, she's the kind of person that elaborates endlessly on the same damn thing so I'd be shocked if that's what she meant without mentioning her own sexuality once.

So in the end we found out that she, once again, wasn't consistent and it turned out to be a marketing ploy fall4