Dennis Reynolds

Justice League full trailer released

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

I'm not getting my hopes up after the crippling disappointment of the last few DCEU movies, but I really want it to be good because I've been waiting for a Super Friends/Justice League movie for almost two decades.

Same here. Both Batman and Suicide Squad had amazing trailers and turned out to be subpar, at best. DC just doesn't know how to make good live action movies cry4

Just now, jacs vs looser said:

Same here. Both Batman and Suicide Squad had amazing trailers and turned out to be subpar, at best. DC just doesn't know how to make good live action movies cry4

I hate to say it, but it honestly feels like they're just riding the MCU's coattails. It sucks because I was such a DC kid growing up, but now I have zero interest and the bitter part of me wants to laugh at their floppage for letting me down so bad.

39 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I hate to say it, but it honestly feels like they're just riding the MCU's coattails. It sucks because I was such a DC kid growing up, but now I have zero interest and the bitter part of me wants to laugh at their floppage for letting me down so bad.

I think the actual problem that DC has is that its big characters have been done so many times.  If this was a new franchise (like the avengers was when it started and a HUGE reason why it was so successful), it would be killing.  The break out star of this DC run is going to be Wonder Woman, and that is because people have been waiting since the fucking 70s for a decent Wonder Woman movie. 

1 minute ago, QUINN said:

I think the actual problem that DC has is that its big characters have been done so many times.  If this was a new franchise (like the avengers was when it started and a HUGE reason why it was so successful), it would be killing.  The break out star of this DC run is going to be Wonder Woman, and that is because people have been waiting since the fucking 70s for a decent Wonder Woman movie. 

Oh, trust me, even though I'm disappointed with DC at the moment I'm still rooting for the Wonder Woman movie because I want superheroine movies to become a thing again. After Catwoman and Elektra bombed in the mid 2000s, studios decided that there was no market for them and just gave up, but they're finally trying it again with Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel and I'm determined to make them stick around this time.

Have you read The Secret History of Wonder Woman? If so, what did you think?

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yeah, exact same feeling here. Batman has been the only hero they've ever done justice to. They just seem to choose horrible directors and writers, I mean why do they keep hiring Zack Snyder? He clearly doesn't know how to properly do a DC movie.