PhCh

So U Think You've Got Taste | Week 1

so_u_think_commercial.gif

Hi I'm @PhCh and I'll be your host tonight.

giphy.gif

Welcome to week 1 of the best game currently airing on FOTP airwaves. rav2 

We will begin announcing which 14 contestants made it through in a bit! rav2 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

So judges what were your thoughts on the contestants? How was it making decisions on who makes it to top 14?

15 hours ago, Jony said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the submissions, most of them were excellent! 

kanye_clapping.gif

The season is definitely exciting, I can't wait to see everyone's playlists and judge them. I promise I'll be gentle wendy1

Choosing the top 14 was hard since I pretty much liked all songs and didn't want to exclude anyone, but decisions had to be made. oprah4

There haven't been any disagreements so far we were definitely on the same page for the most part. No Nicki/Mariah situation here. eve1 

14 hours ago, Lachlan said:

I was pleasantly surprised by the choices; for the most part there was a lot of diversity in the artists and genres.

s-56f825f4ed3a5181be10e76a2efe353c242c1f

Any opposing opinions on who should make it to top 14? jj2

15 hours ago, Jony said:

There haven't been any disagreements so far we were definitely on the same page for the most part. No Nicki/Mariah situation here. eve1 

14 hours ago, Lachlan said:

Making decisions on who was going through was difficult; but ultimately we made decisions that would let the competition be exciting and unique. kylie1

1 minute ago, Splishy Splashy said:

So, did I make the top 14 or not? What I saw was all 25 contestants were listed.

I will be making a countdown revealing the ones who made the cut and as i sad before there will be bonus question so stay around! jj2 

@H.O.N.E.Y Interviews @Dr. Slay

6752_Anna-_Nicole-_Smith-front.png

Do you think your song choice was strong enough for the judges to like? What prompted you to choose your audition song?

I felt "The One" was "the one" because it was one of the first songs I listened to when I got into Kylie.

It's one of the best songs on "X" and I feel the judges should give it a chance cry6

If u had a back-up audition song in case the 1st song choice was rejected what would it be?

Probably Shampain by Marina, or another Kylie song such as All The Lovers, Slow, or even Confide In Me!

Out of the 24 other people that auditioned, which one is a major threat for you taste-wise? 

Probably @Hannah.'s with Touch It, it's truly a spectacular song and its going to get high for sure and I'm not sure about my pick giveup1

I have confidence that mine will be up there though cry6

You chose a Kylie song for your audition. Was the fact that she's underrated in FOTP a factor in you choosing her or was the reason that the song represents your taste?

Both to be honest sia2 I really love Kylie and feel she's underrated in a lot of parts of the U.S. (and FOTP)

and I really love similar songs to The One too and I felt like it represented my taste sia1

When you'll be asked to make your first playlist, will you choose songs based on your mood that day or based on your music taste in general?

I will try basing songs off my music taste, but I might do one or the other, I'm coming up with ideas already!

If you were a judge, which audition song from the list would u consider a fail?

@Splishy Splashy -  [ Morgan Page ft Lissie - The Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix)]
I mean its a remix too rip2

Here's a mini interview with @Hannah. bonus question is coming in shortly! jj2 

1. Do you think your song choice was strong enough for the judges to like? What prompted you to choose your audition song?

Yes, Touch It is easily Ariana's magnum opus and if the judges snub it I am honestly going to be so repulsed I will send them anonymous hate mail for the next 10 years. I was prompted because Ariana is my fave and Touch It is her opus! A very easy choice!

2. If u had a back-up audition song in case the 1st song choice was rejected what would it be?

I would have gone the more indie route and used In My Mind by Many Noyes!

3. Out of the 2 judges Jony and Lachlan, which one do u think would be more here for your song choice?

Both are wild cards, however I would assume that they have ear drums so they will obviously listen to Touch It, think they are at heavens gates, and I will have passed my audition with flying colors!

4. Will you pander to the judges with your musical choices? Stay true to yourself even if they don't like it? Or both? 

I'm not Nick Jonas so no I will not be pandering to the gays of this forum!

5. If you were a judge, which audition song from the list would u consider a fail?

[White Lies - Getting Even] because I listen to singers. I very rarely listen to people who...cannot sing! Nah but for real idk this song lmfao.