QUINN

Joss Whedon to write, direct, and produce a standalone Batgirl movie

batgirl-joss-whedon.jpg

Batgirl is flying solo. The superheroine is getting her own standalone movie from filmmaker Joss Whedon.

Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce an untitled Batgirl pic for Warner Bros. as part of its DC Extended Universe.

No other producers are currently attached. Toby Emmerich, president and chief content officer of Warner Bros. Pictures Group, is overseeing with Jon Berg and Geoff Johns. The new project originated in the past month.

Batgirl is one of the most popular superheroes in the world, but has never gotten her own movie. The project will also feature other characters from the world of Gotham.

Batgirl first appeared in DC Comics in 1967 as Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon in “The Million Dollar Debut of Batgirl!” by writer Gardner Fox and artist Carmine Infantino.

The Batgirl project will be the second movie from DC Films to star a female lead after Gal Gadot’s “Wonder Woman,” which opens June 2. Extensive footage of the film was shown Wednesday at CinemaCon.

Whedon would be making a big move from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to its DC counterpart, having written and directed “The Avengers” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron” for Disney-Marvel. He also created the television series “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Angel,” “Firefly,” “Dollhouse,” and “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

Source

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

This tbh and I'm a longtime Buffy stan, it's sad.

That creep disappears deeper down his own ass with each movie jj4

I was reading wikipedia yesterday, he was supposed to direct and write X-Men. I can't imagine what would he do with Jean's characterization jj4

Just now, Vertigo-go said:

That creep disappears deeper down his own ass with each movie jj4

I was reading wikipedia yesterday, he was supposed to direct and write X-Men. I can't imagine what would he do with Jean's characterization jj4

It was disgusting what he did to Black Widow in Age of Ultron. Not to mention how he treated Charisma Carpenter behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

It was disgusting what he did to Black Widow in Age of Ultron. Not to mention how he treated Charisma Carpenter behind the scenes.

I had my own anus prolapse when I was watching Ultron sia5

Scarlett is Hollywood royalty, she should've kicked him in the bollocks with those big Widow boots, how could she even not object sia5