Hylia

#HyliaLISTENS: Rainbow (1999)

6 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Forum gays don't give Janet enough credit and I'm TIRED of it

damselindistress.gif

I understand this frustration though. I can't count the amount of times forum gays shaded her and came up with all sorts of ridiculous reasons to ignore her impact while stanning for basics that were inspired by Janet.

damselindistress.gif

Especially those Britney fans who TRY it.

3 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I understand this frustration though. I can't count the amount of times forum gays shaded her and came up with all sorts of ridiculous reasons to ignore her impact while stanning for basics that were inspired by Janet.

damselindistress.gif

Especially those Britney fans who TRY it.

There would be no Britney, Bey or Tinashe without Legend J, they need to stop trying it

damselindistress.gif

Just now, Diamond said:

There would be no Britney, Bey or Tinashe without Legend J, they need to stop trying it

damselindistress.gif

What is funny is that they all use Billboard Hot 100 receipts to back up their faves' acheivements but when it comes to Janet, they call her 'local' and ignore her Billboard stats and decide to ask for her iTunes chart peaks in Azerbaijan to decide if she has impact. The double standards.

damselindistress.gif

Just now, Skyline said:

What is funny is that they all use Billboard Hot 100 receipts to back up their faves' acheivements but when it comes to Janet, they call her 'local' and ignore her Billboard stats and decide to ask for her iTunes chart peaks in Azerbaijan to decide if she has impact. The double standards.

damselindistress.gif

Tea. They drag her for "whispering" but bop to Selena

damselindistress.gif

Just now, Diamond said:

Tea. They drag her for "whispering" but bop to Selena

damselindistress.gif

This too. Why are they suddenly expecting power house vocals when they listen to people who struggle to outsing Janet?

damselindistress.gif

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

This too. Why are they suddenly expecting power house vocals when they listen to people who struggle to outsing Janet?

damselindistress.gif

tea1

Where is Janet's section tbh she deserves one, poor legend

damselindistress.gif

9 hours ago, Skyline said:

damselindistress.gif

As a non Janet stan, I have to agree with this and it's honestly so annoying to see them discredit her like that. (Especially on ATRL)

damselindistress.gif

40 minutes ago, Royale said:

As a non Janet stan, I have to agree with this and it's honestly so annoying to see them discredit her like that. (Especially on ATRL)

damselindistress.gif

This happens especially on ATRL. Janet wasn't as as big worldwide as her brother (but who was?) but she still had lots of hits worldwide. She definitely is not local. Her latest tour sold really well in Japan so I guess that alone debunks the 'local' idea.

damselindistress.gif

Although the UK is a bit of a mess for Janet's chart success. She doesn't have a #1 single here (she has a #1 album though). In fact, she holds the record for being the female artist with the most UK Top 10 hits without having a #1. Not really the best type of chart record tbh.

damselindistress.gif