PhCh

So U Think U've Got Taste | Week 2

17 minutes ago, PhCh said:

Bonus Question #1

Hide contents

What is Guest Judge @Urbanov's fav song from this list? (2 points)

Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans

Banks - Drowning

Madonna - Secret

Secret

... sorry for the mess / delay jj1 

Now as a reminder to the players, the judges control 50 points this week. The 2 permanent judges get to score 10 points each for the lead song and 10 points each for the playlist. The guest judge (@Urbanov) gets to score the playlist with 10 points. jj2 

Now it's time for the judges to critique and score @Shiver's playlist.

Lead Song:

Playlist:

Spoiler

wdIQBxs.png

1. Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning
2. The Ting Tings - Day to Day
3. Sugababes - Breathe Easy

We'll go to the judges for their comments. Judges? jj2 

On 31/3/2017 at 2:37 PM, Jony said:

Good choices overall, the Maroon 5 song was a bit too ‘loud’ for the theme, I wouldn’t really expect to hear something like that when I think of a cozy coffee shop setting. The Ting Tings song fitted much better, and the Sugababes song was an excellent choice!

Lead song score: 8/10
Overall score: 7/10

On 31/3/2017 at 7:32 AM, Lachlan said:

Lyrically, I thought these songs were all pretty perfectly chosen for the theme. I really enjoyed listening to this.

Lead Song - 5/10

Overall - 7/10

On 28/3/2017 at 1:43 PM, Urbanov said:

Contestant 1:

Sunday Morning sounds like a perfect song to listen to while you're enjoy your cup of coffee. Songs About Jane is basically that kind of album - almost every song from it would be a perfect pick for this playlist. Day to Day is also pretty good, but I felt it was kinda boring comparing to the first track with Breathe Easy being a total snoozefest. However, I think that this contestant followed the theme behind the playlist and that was the main task.

Overall Playlist Score: 7/10

Now let's see what the judges think of @QUINN's effort this week! jj2 

Keep in mind she was in the Green Group this week.

Lead Song:

Playlist:

Spoiler

CvVp69T.png

1. Betty Who - High Society
2. Bonnie McKee - Wasted Youth
3. Jon Bellion - Luxury

On 31/3/2017 at 2:37 PM, Jony said:

High Society is a nice track, but I don’t think it’s really representative of the category, not really what I'd consider plasticky pop. Wasted Youth is definitely a better fit, but still not exactly what I would want. Same story with the Jon Bellion, while it’s a good song, unfortunately I don’t think it fits at all in the category, I feel like trumpets and drums aside, it’d be better in the Pink group than Green.

Lead song score 7/10
Overall score 6/10

On 31/3/2017 at 7:32 AM, Lachlan said:

Love the bubbly, semi pop-rock vibes I get from these tracks. A solid effort!

Overall - 7/10

Lead - 6/10

3 hours ago, Urbanov said:

Wow, I really like this one! Every song matches so well with another. It's a very promising playlist - it's a shame there are only three tracks! :P My favourites are definitely first two tracks. I'm not a big fan of Jon Bellion but surprisingly he is doing good here! I must also add that I really like a cover art for this playlist. Lyrics of the leading song is basically all what this playlist was about and it's the best so far!

Overall Score: 8.5/10

49 minutes ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

@H.O.N.E.Y Interviews @Pandora

6752_Anna-_Nicole-_Smith-front.png

So, hi Pandora, what are your thoughts on the first week in the game? Did u like the task that you were assigned with?

I thought it was cute. I mean, thank God I was in the green group because that's totally my aesthetic and I had fun with it. If I were to do it again, I'd make some changes to my own playlist, but I'm still pretty happy with what I served. My only critique is that the green group doesn't correspond with its theme but that's okay jj2 

Which playlist of the other contestants caught your eye the most whether it be in a good way or a bad?

I liked Dr. Slay's. He had a nice mix of songs while still keeping it tight. Kristina's entry was cute even if it was a little... safe (?) jj2 I didn't like very many of the pink group's playlists but I guess you need an acquired taste for that. My favorite pink group entry was BJORK's.

How do u think the judges will react to your playlist? Do you think your lead song is good enough to beat the other lead songs?

I think my lead single is undoubtedly the best yet. mad3  I should receive immunity for it alone. My other two songs are just alright. In hindsight, I could have chosen something else but looking at other entries, mine wasn't the worst.

Who do you think could be in more danger this week or of the other players?

It's hard to tell, you never know what the judges will do. IMO @Royale is most in danger. He probably should have showed some diversity in his taste by not using two The Weeknd songs. 

There has been talk last week that the judges' picks were biased although they deny there being any bias and pursued an anonymous judging and scoring method this week. What are your thoughts on this criticism?

The girls can stay mad. Their taste just sucked, period. Half those auditions were hella try-hard (whoever auditioned NAO, I'm looking at you) rip4 Stop trying to hide the fact you stan gay pop princesses like Ariana and Gaga! As a side note, I highly doubt the judges were biased. They're just doing their job rav2 

I think u were talking about @Beyoncé Knowles jj2 

I'd have an opinion on this, but I honestly don't know who that is.

I guess I'm a more layered music person and I can like more genres than pop.

Have a good night and please, stop tagging me.

moo5