Michael.

Madonna vs Janet Jackson

bionic tour was cancelled due to poor ticket sales btw  

46 members have voted

1. 1. bionic tour was cancelled due to poor ticket sales btw

• Madonna obviously why even this thread, delete it rat!
    • Janet Jackson who has inspired many such as Beyonce, Britney, Aaliyah etc.
    • Girl...

2 minutes ago, Cruella de Vil said:

Paula was the one who literally helped Janet acquire that "iconic" performance style lmao. People here were mentioning choreography and I clocked them saying that Paula came up with most of it which is in fact true. eve1

Not like me or @Angelus could give a shit about your flawed opinions.

Oh because i give a shit about yours. Have seat cruella............

Cruella,-Jasper,-Horace,-Skinner's-defea

Janet was always a natural when it comes to dancing. Paula did not make her a great dancer. She had the raw talent in her from day 1. And Janet evolved as an artist since her debut in 1982. Janet's discography is far more cohesive and influential than paula's. 

64246-miss-jackson-if-you-re-nasty.gif

21 minutes ago, light741 said:

Oh because i give a shit about yours. Have seat cruella............

Cruella,-Jasper,-Horace,-Skinner's-defea

Janet was always a natural when it comes to dancing. Paula did not make her a great dancer. She had the raw talent in her from day 1. And Janet evolved as an artist since her debut in 1982. Janet's discography is far more cohesive and influential than paula's. 

64246-miss-jackson-if-you-re-nasty.gif

Wasnt janet on Fame - a show dedicated to the art of dancing and singing? Doesnt she come from a family of dancers? Why do they think Paula was the reason she could dance?

These stretch armstrong reaches to disprove janet's legacy...

It's almost as if they are threatened by her success...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Bubble said:

Wasnt janet on Fame - a show dedicated to the art of dancing and singing? Doesnt she come from a family of dancers? Why do they think Paula was the reason she could dance?

These stretch armstrong reaches to disprove janet's legacy...

It's almost as if they are threatened by her success...

giphy.gif

Yes. Janet was already famous and successful in 1973. Way before paula.

Why are Madonna fans so insecure and threatened about literally every girl out there... laughcry1 

I thought she was the best female artist of all time? Why do they have to be so bothered and deny every single achievement another girl has just to make their fave look better? Shouldn't her oh-so-grand accomplishments be enough? Smh, really!

8 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_Houston#Influence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariah_Carey#Legacy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_influenced_by_Janet_Jackson

Really sis? Just because they don't have a page identical to Madonna's or an entire page doesn't mean their influence isn't acknowledged. 

oh snap this is getting interesting

Janet is more iconic for African Americans, judging from my rotting on internet, mostly tumblr, I think.

I honestly don't know why did Janet kind of drop the face of the Earth, because she had huge albums, was influential and loved, but she really disappeared at some point (early 2000s?), and became more of a legacy artist than a working artist.

Let me not even begin to compare their socio cultural impact, instead let's just review some info :

Born This Way (2011) - Inspired by Madonna 

Beyonce (2013) - Inspired by Madonna 

1989 (2014) - Inspired by Madonna 

25 (2016) - inspired by Madonna 

Lady Wood (2016) - inspired by Madonna

Katy Perry - studied Madonna

Ariana Grande - views Madonna as her ultimate idol

Kanye West - said she's a huge inspiration & the greatest musical visual artist of all time 

Drake - called her a queen & made a song about her

Rihanna - "Madonna is the pop star that inspired me the most" 

Jennifer Lopez - credits Madonna as a huge inspiration / inspired her to stay active.  

Shakira - said she prefers Madge to MJ / inspired her to stay active in her 40's 

Miley Cyrus - said Madonna inspired her to express her sexuality more 

Nicki Minaj - credits Madge as one of her all time faves / idols. 

You know, just to name a few of the hottest stars currently, plus no one knows about Janet in my country, not even my parents, Americans are living in a bubble, bubble 

13 hours ago, Bubble said:

It wasnt until the user above said something which prompted the OP to start this janet v madonna thread.

Whats with medonsters? Is it because janet threw some shade like 20+ years ago and michael curved her ass after one date? 

Janet stans recognise madonnas impact on pop music, its the madonna stans that are bitter and talk shit. I mean i get it, most of you are messy gays that live for pop culture drama, but dont do the victim shit. janfam are a very nice fandom and i doubt you would get a lot of them igniting and rehashing some beef from the old testament.

Janet vs Madonna stan war is basically non existing until janet stans try it jay1 

There are no reasons to drag Janet these days, she's far from Madonna's league now, no one even sees her as a peer this millenium jay1 

But notice how you started dragging Madonna and comparing her to Janet in 2 threads actually. This thread was all about performing skills until you started it

14 hours ago, Bubble said:

The 'Madonkey, that rode Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem' stans are much aware of Janet's impact/influence and the fact she didnt need to degrade and lower herself like Madonna did to get it. To this day madonna is still trying to stay relevant through shock factor - I would say she invented this desperate tactic, but Queen Cher been controversial since the 60s/70s. 

It's janet stans who are bitter about their fave and they need to put madonna down all the time  jay1 thanks for proving that jay1 

The fact that she wasn't even mentioned here since your last thread from early last year when you wee banned to now when you came back, says it all really...

12 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

It's actually my personal opinion that "Audacious" is better than Coma Heart/MDNANAL but thanks for proving my point that your head explodes everytime someone disagrees with you, even in an "obvious troll thread"laughcry1

Thanks for proving once again that you are obsessed hater laughcry1  posting 'real' opinion, trying to drag Madonna in troll thread when no one as actually serious laughcry1 always looking for a chance laughcry1

i mean you even have to mention madonna in katy  threads, every single time laughcry1

9 hours ago, Melt Away said:

Why are Madonna fans so insecure and threatened about literally every girl out there... laughcry1 

I thought she was the best female artist of all time? Why do they have to be so bothered and deny every single achievement another girl has just to make their fave look better? Shouldn't her oh-so-grand accomplishments be enough? Smh, really!

Why are other stan bases so obsessed with Madonna and her achievements? Is it because she's shitting on her peers and even on new generations? laughcry1

Why do you have to be so bothered and downgrade every single achievements of Madonna in order to make your fave look better? Is it because your fave is simply not that remarkable so Madonna has to be downgraded by all stanbases (especially those bitter Mariah/Whitney/Janet hybrids)? Smh, really! 

9 hours ago, Angelus said:

Thanks for proving once again that you are obsessed hater laughcry1  posting 'real' opinion, trying to drag Madonna in troll thread when no one as actually serious laughcry1 always looking for a chance laughcry1

i mean you even have to mention madonna in katy  threads, every single time laughcry1

Hun YOU were the one who fell right into Winnie's trap and took the thread seriously when it was obviously trolling. That just proves you FUME whenever someone has a different opiniondemi1

Madonna's probably had the most impact on younger female pop stars of anyone, but Janet has been influential as well. Janet's influence comes in more as a performer, while Madonna's comes more in the form of music and just being a pop star, since she's basically the blueprint.

11 hours ago, Vertigo-go said:

Janet is more iconic for African Americans, judging from my rotting on internet, mostly tumblr, I think.

I honestly don't know why did Janet kind of drop the face of the Earth, because she had huge albums, was influential and loved, but she really disappeared at some point (early 2000s?), and became more of a legacy artist than a working artist.

Because of her tit. jj4 She was going to decline and flop anyway but the Super Bowl scandal accelerated the process. jj4

On 4/13/2017 at 5:31 AM, Bubble said:

No darling. Janet never went way and beyond to sell her albums through being an attention whore. Yes, janet has some very sexual songs, but they were in album tracks and you wouldnt know they existed if you never listened to the album. Madonna however purposely acts the way she does. Is it to prove a point about society? Maybe. Does it direct the spotlight to her. Of-fucking-course it does. It's Madonna's schtick, she used it to promote rebel heart. And that albums 1st week sales sold as much as Janet's unbreakble I might add. 

giphy.gif

That's just not true now, is it?

If you love Janet you know for sure that She used shock value as much as Madonna did. From the iconic Rolling Stone cover to simulating sex act on stage to nipplegate, Janet also went above and beyond just to promote her albums. That's why I love both of them.

and also,

she didnt need to degrade and lower herself like Madonna did to get it.

It's cute when Janet fans thinks Janet was 'Classier' than Madonna. Meanwhile, Janet went from Let's Wait Awhile to Twenty Foreplay in a minute.

10 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

Hun YOU were the one who fell right into Winnie's trap and took the thread seriously when it was obviously trolling. That just proves you FUME whenever someone has a different opiniondemi1

Lol you're really not bright if you think that I (or anyone actually) is falling in winnie's trap. He's trolling and he is fun, he knows i like him, our last 'drag show' was fun, wasn't it @WinnieThePooh hug1 

Anyone who is not pressed is actually able to see that, that only proves that you are FUMING, you never miss a chance even when it's obvious joke. PressedT demi1 

1 hour ago, Angelus said:

Lol you're really not bright if you think that I (or anyone actually) is falling in winnie's trap. He's trolling and he is fun, he knows i like him, our last 'drag show' was fun, wasn't it @WinnieThePooh hug1 

Anyone who is not pressed is actually able to see that, that only proves that you are FUMING, you never miss a chance even when it's obvious joke. PressedT demi1 

Yes legend hug2 

4 hours ago, Angelus said:

If that's you joking around it looks the EXACT same as your normal posts do so maybe that should make yu look in the mirror a bitgaga7

3 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

If that's you joking around it looks the EXACT same as your normal posts do so maybe that should make yu look in the mirror a bitgaga7

Maybe to your pressed eyes oprah1  So maybe you should drop your anger a bit gaga7

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BA Tour changed concept of touring and performing 

Influenced by Madonna   Rihanna has named Madonna as her idol and biggest influence, and said she wants to be the "black Madonna"[58]   Beyoncé

Wasnt janet on Fame - a show dedicated to the art of dancing and singing? Doesnt she come from a family of dancers? Why do they think Paula was the reason she could dance? These stretch armstrong

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.