Lachlan

#LachlanREVIEWS - Daydream (1996) & Butterfly (1997)

1 hour ago, Lachlan said:

The results are in and scientists can't find anything amazing about OSD.

I assume that it's a similar reason why Can't Let Go (which peaked at #2) didn't become a #1 hit.

I would be willing to bet that it was why the single that followed it, Mariah's cover of Open Arms, didn't get a US release (aside from the excuse of the original being more loved in the US), which would have hit the Top 10 on the Hot 100 in my humble opinion. 

Tommy Mottola undermined Can't Let Go to keep Emotions at #1 - and he undermined Open Arms, by keeping it out of the US, and threw everything that they had at One Sweet Day, to have it break Whitney Houston's record (who held that record before her) and then decided to focus primarily on Always Be My Baby, which also became a #1 hit. 

Daydream is high-key overrated, glad it's the second-to-lowest so far. One Sweet Day deserves the lashings but Open Arms is even worse. On the other hand, stan for Long Ago and Looking In, both among my favourite Moo songs.

As for Butterfly, it truly is perfect, Whenever You Call and the interlude are the only tracks I don't love and they're still good. The Roof is definitely the best thing she's ever done for me so I'm happy it got a 5. Breakdown and Outside would complete my trinity so I hope with time they grow to be 5s as well <3

10 hours ago, Lachlan said:

Flawless? One Sweet Day exists! wendy1

10 hours ago, TattooedHeart said:

omg finally someone who agrees!

10 hours ago, Royale said:

Just came here to say that us Lambs don't claim 'One Sweet Day'. sass1

2 hours ago, Vilppu said:

One Sweet Day deserves the lashings 

all goats 

One Sweet Day is beautiful. It took me a while to realize that, but being a LAMB I eventually did. I've always thought that Daydream and Butterfly are basically the same, except one is in color and one is in black and white. 

I agree with this Lach review to an extent! Forever deserves a 5/5 it's literally the most gorgeous song in her discography. It's cheap dupe Whenever You Fart does not compare. And the fact that Breakdown, Babydoll, Close My Eyes didn't get a full score infuriates me. 

However, I do appreciate the recognition of underrated tracks like Butterfly, Fourth of July, I am Free. I approve this review! #SylkAPPROVES

Now let's move on the Dayfart and Buttfly's older more prettier sister Rainbible! 

AqrebQ.gif

Also stan Daydream (Interlude) a bit!

There's a longer version: 

Spoiler

But it does not compare to this superior remix!!

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Hylia said:

One Sweet Day is perfect, I'm sorry certain goats can't realize it!

hey lamb!!

16 minutes ago, Sylk said:

all goats 

One Sweet Day is beautiful. It took me a while to realize that, but being a LAMB I eventually did. I've always thought that Daydream and Butterfly are basically the same, except one is in color and one is in black and white. 

I agree with this Lach review to an extent! Forever deserves a 5/5 it's literally the most gorgeous song in her discography. It's cheap dupe Whenever You Fart does not compare. And the fact that Breakdown, Babydoll, Close My Eyes didn't get a full score infuriates me. 

However, I do appreciate the recognition of underrated tracks like Butterfly, Fourth of July, I am Free. I approve this review! #SylkAPPROVES

Now let's move on the Dayfart and Buttfly's older more prettier sister Rainbible! 

AqrebQ.gif

Also stan Daydream (Interlude) a bit!

There's a longer version: 

Hide contents

But it does not compare to this superior remix!!

Hide contents

hey lamb!!

I really wouldn't go around saying that Rainbow is one of her best sweetie I-

AqrebQ.gif

Glad you're mostly satisfied though.

12 minutes ago, Sylk said:

I meant to insinuate that she's more mature than the first two! 

AqrebQ.gif

Oh... interesting.

AqrebQ.gif

1 minute ago, Lachlan said:

I really wouldn't go around saying that Rainbow is one of her best sweetie I-

AqrebQ.gif

Right, that and shading Daydream/Butterfly in the same sentence is not a good look.

AqrebQ.gif

4 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Oh... interesting.

AqrebQ.gif

Right, that and shading Daydream/Butterfly in the same sentence is not a good look.

AqrebQ.gif

#LachlanLEAKS Rainbow is coming for one of the lowest scores so far. Review coming on the weekend.

AqrebQ.gif

16 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

#LachlanLEAKS Rainbow is coming for one of the lowest scores so far. Review coming on the weekend.

AqrebQ.gif

@TattooedHeart and I will be ready with the downvotes!

AqrebQ.gif

16 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Serving taste as always.

AqrebQ.gif

Goats Belong Together!!

AqrebQ.gif