Sign in to follow this  

Why Ultraviolence is Lana's best album?

White lines, pretty baby, tattoos, Don't know what they mean, They're special, just for you, White palms, baking powder on the stove, Cooking up a dream, Turning diamonds into snow, I feel you, pretty baby, feel me, Turn it up hot, loving you is free, I like it down, like it way down low, But you already know that, You already know, Come on down to Florida, I got something for you, We could see the kilos, Or the Keys, baby, oh yeah, Guns in the summertime, Chick-a Cherry Cola lime, Prison isn't nothing to me, If you'll be by my side, Yayo, yayo, yayo, And all the dope fiends, Yayo, yayo, yayo, Sun in my mouth and gold hoops, You like your little baby like you like your drinks, cool, White lines, pretty daddy, "Go ski it", You snort it like a champ, let the winner, winner in, Come on down to Florida, I got something for you, We could see the kilos, Or the Keys, baby, oh yeah, Guns in the summertime, Chick-a Cherry Cola lime, Prison isn't nothing to me, If you'll be by my side, Yayo, yayo, yayo, And all the dope fiends, Yayo, yayo, yayo, We could get high in Miami, Ooh, dance the night away, People never die in Miami, Ooh, that's what they all say, (You believe me, don't you, baby?) Come on down to Florida, I got something for you, We could see the kilos, Or the Keys, baby, oh yeah, Guns in the summertime, Chick-a Cherry Cola lime, Prison isn't nothing to me, If you'll be by my side, Yayo, yayo, yayo, All the Floridians like, Yayo, yayo, yayo, Yayo, yayo, yayo, All the Colombians like, Yayo, yayo, yayo, Yayo, yayo, yayo, And all my girlfriends, Yayo, yayo, yayo, That how we do it, Come on, pretty baby, White lines, pretty baby, Gold teeth, pretty baby, Dance the night away. xtina10

West Coast alone is literally Lana at her best, the dreamy tone to her singing, the drop to the chorus, when it picks up again for the verse etc and the best part is, the album is full of things like that even if some parts of it are so noisy it tires me out. Still one of my fave albums tho jj2

28 minutes ago, Jake said:

It's simply a masterpiece. Nothing else to say

exactly! why even bother trying to articulate jj2 

5 hours ago, Aidan. said:

Cruel World aka her best ever song

P R E A C H.  xtina10

Everything about this album is amazing. The lyrics are poetic without becoming cheesy, her vocals are so raw and ethereal without becoming grating, and the production is so rich that each song immediately grabs you and yet years later I'm still noticing small things I never picked up on before.

If I had to say the highlights though?

• all the little guitar licks and riffs scattered throughout the underrated masterpiece Sad Girl
  • the way the epic production of tracks like Ultraviolence, Money Power Glory, and Old Money naturally build off the sound that made her famous without ever feeling contrived or reductive
  • every second of her vocal performance on Brooklyn Baby, the fact that you can literally hear her smiling as the song goes on
  • the complete and utter sonic shock West Coast delivered when it dropped, both a perfect taste of the album and one of her bet songs and let everyone know right away we were not gonna be dealing with the same Lana we met in Video Games
  • Shades Of Cool's shamelessly intricate structure
  • the explosion of drums in that first chorus of Black Beauty
  • when she samples the "lay me down tonight" refrain of Fucked My Way Up in Ultraviolence, a full 7 tracks before we even hear the song it comes from
  • Guns and Roses' entire existence as Burning Desire's long lost B-Side
  • the effortless aesthetic and sonic perfection

Need I continue?

5 minutes ago, SockBitch said:

all the little guitar licks and riffs scattered throughout the underrated masterpiece Sad Girl

whit1

Shades Of Cool is Lana's best song, Ultraviolence is Lana's best album cry9

10 hours ago, Sakke said:

West Coast alone is literally Lana at her best, the dreamy tone to her singing, the drop to the chorus, when it picks up again for the verse etc and the best part is, the album is full of things like that even if some parts of it are so noisy it tires me out. Still one of my fave albums tho jj2

One of my favourite songs ever! Everything about this record is amazing and it has the best chorus ever recorded. cry6