Luca

According to E! News, Gaga will be dropping a surprise EP titled "The Joanne Angel"

It's fake & not true I asked my connection, he said if there's anything Gaga's team has gotten good at it's keeping things secret so no one would know if she was recording any material.

Plus I figured it was obvious they're making rumours since they were one of those fans who still believes RedOne and Gaga made full songs etc which my connection has said on GGD before isn't true either

52 minutes ago, Harry Styles said:

Plus I figured it was obvious they're making rumours since they were one of those fans who still believes RedOne and Gaga made full songs etc which my connection has said on GGD before isn't true either

But wasn't RedOne the person who started that rumor? Why would people not believe him? What evidence is there that they didn't create full length songs that got shelved when she started working with Ronson? confused1

I'm not saying you're wrong but "my connection" isn't a good enough source imo chi1

8 minutes ago, Liz Lemon said:

Oh was it? I truly didn't know. dead7

None of us do, that isn't completely confirmed. It's just most likely. 

Sistren like to speak as if they know facts when all we have are scraps of info at any time. mad3

1 minute ago, SWINΞ said:

None of us do, that isn't completely confirmed. It's just most likely. 

Sistren like to speak as if they know facts when all we have are scraps of info at any time. 

she has to serve dancin in circles vid first and then release an ep on the anniversary of perfect delusion mad3

1 hour ago, SWINΞ said:

But wasn't RedOne the person who started that rumor? Why would people not believe him? What evidence is there that they didn't create full length songs that got shelved when she started working with Ronson? confused1

I'm not saying you're wrong but "my connection" isn't a good enough source imo chi1

My connection is Jamie aka mindtrappa (we're friends irl) and I'll tell you a short-ish version of what he has told me over the last year. It's not a short read but these are all the details I remember him telling me but don't quote me exactly because some details here and there I don't remember fully. But this is the timeline of the album's process from early 2015 until the album got finished.

Spoiler

RedOne and Gaga were writing and made rough demos but she never had any intention to make a fully produced song with him, it was interscope who heard the demos and decided on the lead single after her first meeting following the Met Gala in 2015 (about 2 days after I think he said). Later she got in touch with Mark and wanted to work with him and they had 4 sessions before her recording was put on hold to make AHS but she continued to write and develop an album theme/idea during that time. After AHS was done and 2016 was approaching she stared to get into the nitty gritty of her timeframe, originally interscope gave her a deadline of where they wanted her to drop a single in Q1 2016 (for the GRAMMYs- yes she was supposed to perform a new song, that was why interscope got her the slot in mid 2015 and they assumed she would perform the song they chose) but she told them she wasn't near finishing a single song never mind being able to determine a single, she then got their permission to work with Mark as lead producer on the album- following the success of Uptown Funk they supported that since he was a hot producer at the time, and she obviously then was supposed to do a hits medley at the GRAMMYs but then it turned into the Bowie tribute. Time went on and she still hadn't started- it wasn't until March 2016 she started to work on a more concrete idea when Mark visited her in malibu and they wrote and recorded in one take the title track in her Backyard. Joanne. (She even alluded to this story before in a radio interview.) Time went on more and she brought Kevin Parker, Father John Misty, Beck and Florence Welch onboard, then when Gaga played the draft of the album to he label they didn't hear a single hit and so they brought in Bloodpop to give it more of a Pop feel. Then between him joining them until late September I think it was hey made and edited more- the album was even less pop before the label intervened because she didn't want to make a pop record after Taylor and her split especially she was emotional and it wouldn't be true to herself and her emotions. That's also why she has dressed down until early this year when she started a relationship with Christian because she was unhappy, now she's happy again and ready to be a popstar as her exact words were after the SB Halftime show on a radio interview. 

The last 3 songs they made were Dancin' in Circles, Grigio Girls & JAD. 

EDIT: this part is just my speculation from circumstantial evidence but I don't know fully WHY Nadir was so certain they were gonna be making the album together etc but from what we know he basically just made her some rehashed dance pop beats and she was probably excited to be making music we wanted but as time went on it wasn't the music she wanted, I still believe Bowie's death was the turning point for her wanting to change direction mostly.

17 hours ago, Harry Styles said:

It's fake & not true I asked my connection, he said if there's anything Gaga's team has gotten good at it's keeping things secret so no one would know if she was recording any material.

Seems like your 'connection' is full of shit jj1 

43 minutes ago, Dangerous Jim said:

haha i kid moo1 your post about background of joanne was really interesting ty antm1

It's alright I know people are skeptical, I've known a lot of info from him previously that I've never shared (mostly because no one listens to or believes me lol) it's one of the reasons I kept telling people there was no new single from Joanne for months because of TC.

And some of the details are a little sketchy because some of it I had to pull from memory so don't take my exact word for it but yeah that's basically what went on.

EDIT: plus the rumour was she was releasing an EP which supposedly she isn't this is just a present to the fans for standing by her and for supporting Joanne an album she did her own way finally like she's always wanted.

It would have been more believable if they claimed the new EP was titled Angel or Chaos Angel cause that was the original concept/title for the album. jj1 Wouldn't be surprised if she went back to that for an EP now that Joanne is over and flopped (thanks to the singles SHE picked).