Slasher

Larry Rudolph: "Vegas is still a possibility going forward."

8331259_web1_ap_551348852813201692513583

Britney Spears is ending her “Piece of Me” residency at Axis theater at Planet Hollywood on Dec. 31, as her contract with Caesars Entertainment expires, her Las Vegas manager Larry Rudolph said today.

Rudolph said her next venue “could be conceivably anywhere, we could have it at the needle on the top of the Stratosphere, and do the bungee jump afterward.”

That does stretch the meaning of “conceivably anywhere.” Mirth aside, it is clear now that Spears’ will not continue “Piece of Me” in an unbroken run through 2018. She is currently preparing for a summer tour of Asie and Tel Aviv, Israel.

“We are done with this show, and our next move is undecided,” Rudolph said Friday. “We are still talking with Caesars Entertainment and other interested parties in Las Vegas.”

But that does not mean Brit is finished in Vegas. I asked Rudolph about other venues similar in size and staging to Axis — including The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, Park Theater and The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel. All are in play.

“Anything is possible. We have made zero decisions,” he said. “We expect a lot of interest from all parties. Britney basically sells out every show, and she loves Las Vegas, she loves performing in Vegas, and Vegas is a possibility going forward.”

Rudolph has said Spears might well take a break next spring and return to the stage after a layoff. “She might tour, she might work on a new album,” he said. “It’s too early to talk specifics about anything.” Spears closes her current run Saturday night, returning May 3-May 20. As Rudolph reminds, tickets for those shows will be especially coveted, given today’s announcement.

Source

Just now, Driven said:

Yes, she does. It's Larry and her dad pushing her to make money.

They can push her all they want but they can't force her, if she absolutely did not want to stay out of the spotlight then she can simply refuse to go on stage. She clearly did it during 2011-2013 when she did no shows? She never used to be on any social media (her tweets aren't her like most celebs) but now she's obsessed with Instagram and stuff and gets loads of likes, and attends award shows and stuff now (which she never did for years), things that aren't compulsory for her and her team to make money and aren't things that Larry and her dad would ''push'' her to do, so, it kinda suggests she likes what she's doing if she's willing to do these things.

1 hour ago, Spencer Pratt said:

They can push her all they want but they can't force her, if she absolutely did not want to stay out of the spotlight then she can simply refuse to go on stage. She clearly did it during 2011-2013 when she did no shows? She never used to be on any social media (her tweets aren't her like most celebs) but now she's obsessed with Instagram and stuff and gets loads of likes, and attends award shows and stuff now (which she never did for years), things that aren't compulsory for her and her team to make money and aren't things that Larry and her dad would ''push'' her to do, so, it kinda suggests she likes what she's doing if she's willing to do these things.

I think she's over being BRITNEY SPEARS but I don't think she's over performing. Glory inspired her again to be an entertainer and I think that's what she is more concerned with, not topping charts.