Madonna

LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS!

1 hour ago, NJ said:

No one has too much time on their hands like you, and even if they had it, i'm sure they won't waste it talking with someone who's as responsive as a brick wall like you. 

Again, shut your hole with this time bs brit12 No one's asking you to reply immediately, for all I care you can reply after a week and the discussion will still remain just as valid for me brit12 So time is not an issue, seeing as you have 6.6k posts under your belt which is a lot for someone who's so immensely busy with his life brit12

Again, if we're supposedly not able to carry an argument then why do we both have a rich history of discussions that actually lead to something regarding various topics? brit12 But no suddely we're walls 'cause you don't know to reply back aretha1 Kay.

1 hour ago, NJ said:

You make everything, even things that should pass in peace into a long ass argument that never ends... and your other friend is always there to help you by boring us out of conversations using lengthy essays. in your heads you're winning if you got the other person to be BORED from talking to you. RIP LOGIC. lmfao2 

But usually the discussions that we're having warrant these lengthy posts, you can't address all points using three words you know clap1

Well, if i'm boring you, then that's okay, don't go around acting like there's anything wrong with my posts though brit12 Like I said, it's far more of an irritating behavior to run away from an argument which a lot of the times you usually initiate then actually carrying one, so don't act like the latter is problematic. 

The solution was already presented in my posts : don't reply at all chi1

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Well, then don't engage in a conversation at all, why quote me if you already know you're not interested in having a discussion? brit12 I mean, do you know how many times I've had a long argument with a LM and at a certain point he suddenly started having an extremely busy life and stopped replying? brit12 The impression it leaves is that you don't know how to reply back, not that you actually don't have the time to do so brit12

I could literally be a complete loner and spend all of my time on FOTP, but if I were there are much better ways to spend my time on here than arguing with you while you try to shove your opinion as fact down everyone's throat. That is why it's IMPOSSIBLE to argue with you. Music is subjective, and you treat it as objective/refuse to accept someone else's very valid opinion. You are the personification of talking to a brick wall.

31 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

The superiority complexrip4 How the hell do you know what I do? I guarantee you with those essays you type up I'm at least a little more busy than you are.rip4

Accusing me of superiority complex for wanting to have a conversation / discussion, but takes pride in being far too busy to spare me some attention chi1 Takes offense after I (purposely) pretended like I know what he does with his life, but has no problem constantly and carelessly calling me a lifeless loner chi1 How can you not see the contradiction before typing this shit brit12

26 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

I could literally be a complete loner and spend all of my time on FOTP, but if I were there are much better ways to spend my time on here than arguing with you while you try to shove your opinion as fact down everyone's throat. That is why it's IMPOSSIBLE to argue with you. Music is subjective, and you treat it as objective/refuse to accept someone else's very valid opinion. You are the personification of talking to a brick wall.

But that's not what I do brit12

Let's take The Cure for example, me and @Earth Ripper attacked it for being the ultimate betrayal to her artistic integrity / exposes her fakeness and hypocrisy, we also used it as a chance to expose a lot of her own fans' hypocrisy, how is that not objective? brit12 Yes we also criticized the song's quality (for valid reasons too) but we never told you that it's not okay to love it, heck, it can be your favorite song of all time, what we criticize is something completely different, our criticism always revolves around the dynamic of her statements and how she's commonly viewed amongst her fan base, which yes can absolutely be judged in an objective manner. 

Do I think her new music is basic utter crap? Yes. Do I think it's wrong to enjoy / love it? No. Thought it was obvious but if it's not then there It's stated brit12

33 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Let's take The Cure for example, me and @Earth Ripper attacked it for being the ultimate betrayal to her artistic integrity / exposes her fakeness and hypocrisy,

umm hold the fuck on brit4  fakeness and hypocrisy? ny2 

just because she's jumping on a current trend in pop music?  ny2  

do I need to remind you of Madonna's desperate attempts of using Nicki Minaj to get a hit? ny2 

2 minutes ago, fab said:

do I need to remind you of Madonna's desperate attempts of using Nicki Minaj to get a hit? ny2 

Madonna never pulled the "I'm an artist. I don't write music for the charts!" Card.

22 minutes ago, fab said:

When you say stuff like :

"You can’t sell your soul once you make it. It’s a big mistake to just go after the money to try to stay on top. I think that’s what everyone wanted me to do. But I’m a different kind of girl, and when being different is not in style it’s hard for me to function. People think, ‘You can just sit down at a piano whenever you want and write,’ but I couldn’t write for two f---ing years. For Artpop, I was doing beats instead. I didn’t want to be near that damn [piano]. It was too emotional. I would start to play and sing, and my mind would go, ‘You are way too talented for this shit. F---, your voice sounds good. F---, that’s a beautiful chord. F---, that’s an amazing lyric. Why are you letting these people run you into the ground? When did you become the fashionable robot?’ Can’t being an artist be enough? Is talent ever the thing? I think for Adele it is. I think for Bruno Mars it is. But that’s what I learned from working with Tony: If talent isn’t the thing, then you are way off-base."

"are we putting too many limits on the way things need to be on the radio for artists to feel free enough to create genuinely?"

"I want to show women they don’t need to try to keep up with the 19-year-olds and the 21-year-olds in order to have a hit. Women in music, they feel like they need to f---ing sell everything to be a star. It’s so sad."

And then bragging throughout the entire Joanne era about your supposed authenticity, how you're anti trend - hopping, how you always want do something different and push the boundaries of pop music and how you're not keen on artists who do so... then yes, I think it's safe to say that she's an absolute hypocrite. 

See, if you knew shit about me or @Earth Ripper you'd know that both of us despise post 2010 Madonna, so you can trash her all you want, I'll laugh with you 'cause she's utter shit brit12

21 minutes ago, fab said:

Sis, in the recent years she's done everything to transform herself into this "authentic, independent artist," and often had a word or two to say about limits on the radio. Strangely enough (or not), people weren't buying into it and then she drops something that wouldn't stray too far from the chainsmokers discography! Worst of all, had anyone else released this song, namely The Chainsmokers, Justin Bieber and even Katy, monsters would undoubtedly trashing it. Jiang & Earth Ripper rightfully pointed out that hypocrisy!

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

When you say stuff like :

"You can’t sell your soul once you make it. It’s a big mistake to just go after the money to try to stay on top. I think that’s what everyone wanted me to do. But I’m a different kind of girl, and when being different is not in style it’s hard for me to function. People think, ‘You can just sit down at a piano whenever you want and write,’ but I couldn’t write for two f---ing years. For Artpop, I was doing beats instead. I didn’t want to be near that damn [piano]. It was too emotional. I would start to play and sing, and my mind would go, ‘You are way too talented for this shit. F---, your voice sounds good. F---, that’s a beautiful chord. F---, that’s an amazing lyric. Why are you letting these people run you into the ground? When did you become the fashionable robot?’ Can’t being an artist be enough? Is talent ever the thing? I think for Adele it is. I think for Bruno Mars it is. But that’s what I learned from working with Tony: If talent isn’t the thing, then you are way off-base."

"are we putting too many limits on the way things need to be on the radio for artists to feel free enough to create genuinely?"

"I want to show women they don’t need to try to keep up with the 19-year-olds and the 21-year-olds in order to have a hit. Women in music, they feel like they need to f---ing sell everything to be a star. It’s so sad."a

And then bragging throughout the entire Joanne era about your supposed authenticity, how you're anti trend - hopping, how you always want do something different and push the boundaries of pop music and how you're not keen on artists who do so... then yes, I think it's safe to say that she's an absolute hypocrite. 

See, if you knew shit about me or @Earth Ripper you'd know that both of us despise post 2010 Madonna, so you can trash her all you want, I'll laugh with you if you want brit12

that doesn't mean she's not allowed to incorporate current sounds into her music brit4 

Gaga has been working with tons of different producers and over the past 5 years almost nothing has been particularly radio-friendly. 

now she released one song that features a more radio-friendly production.. so what? um2 

it's not like she ran to Max Martin for a hit or asked Nicki Minaj for a collab um2 

you're acting like she has to avoid the current mainstream sound in order to stay authentic.. what kind of bs lmfao1 

46 minutes ago, Yzma said:

Still responded.

1 - @Jjang 0 - @Bionic Monster

I meant I wasn't responding to the essay he spewed out, thus proving my point he can't argue successfully without typing a 30 page novel and in the process making him pressed as hell.

Also the fact that you only jumped into this argument when you found something inconsequential to harp on because you have nothing substantial to addahs1 Bionic Monster= 1, Yzma/Whoella de vile/whatever= -37273286328190163

34 minutes ago, fab said:

you're acting like she has to avoid the current mainstream sound in order to stay authentic.. what kind of bs lmfao1 

That's not what I said brit12

What I said was that you can't go around flaunting this image that you're this anti - trend hopping risque pop star that aims to provoke and set a new tone (with the undercurrent of her being above her peers in that regard, a heavily promoted attitude by her fans as well) and then release a song targeted especially for the radio and act like that's consistent with what you've promoted yourself to be. I mean, it was already a problematic stance with PI and MR, but if this didn't prove to you that she's a lying bitch then... I don't know what to say 

She might as well have worked with Max Martin though, that's the point.

5 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

I meant I wasn't responding to the essay he spewed out, thus proving my point he can't argue successfully without typing a 30 page novel and in the process making him pressed as hell.

Also the fact that you only jumped into this argument when you found something inconsequential to harp on because you have nothing substantial to addahs1 Bionic Monster= 1, Yzma/Whoella de vile/whatever= -37273286328190163

I opened the thread, honey which was meant to drag people like you and clearly suceeded bc you are here and paying attention to me. ny5 

Aside from that, there was nothing for me to add because @Jjang alreadysaid everything that needed to be said.

Just now, Yzma said:

I opened the thread, honey which was meant to drag people like you and clearly suceeded bc you are here and paying attention to me. ny5 

Aside from that, there was nothing for me to add because @Jjang alreadysaid everything that needed to be said.

Only because you quoted me first, I literally can't be arsed with you anymore and neither can most of the forumsorry1

34 minutes ago, Jjang said:

The only thing you proved is that you're a damn imbecile that never read an actual essay / novel in his sad life brit12 I'll gladly take the WP's.

I mean I would report but that "drag" is so pitiful and lame I don't think it deserves one.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am screaming!  My professor is such a pop loon. First, he let us do a comparison of MJ and Justin Bieber.  For the exam, he suggested that I should do a comparison of Lady Gaga and Madonna and

the fact that he includes stan knowledge like "Britney had not charted a record in over a year"  

Pretty sure she did all of that because of all the media exposure, not the lack off  she also did not release anything that flopped before that so that's incorrect tho  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.