jdpm1991

Bigger era: The Fame (original era) + The Fame Monster or Teenage Dream + Complete Confection

41 minutes ago, Harry Styles said:

which eras made dance music popular

Stop with this lie ahs1 Gaga was one of the biggest artists making dance music when the genre was being furthermore embraced on a mainstream level as a natural social progression, she wasn't a direct force that lead into making a certain music style popular, what is this bullshit brit12 She & BEP were just the face of that musical shift, true, but that's not the same as saying they single handedly changed the landscape, that's a lie that I won't tolerate sorry brit12

All acts were shifting their gear to a more club oriented sound, you had songs like Right Round, LowLollipop smashing, Disturbia, Don't Stop The Music, When I Grow Up, Womanizer, Closer, 4 Minutes, Forever, etc... so how is it possible that Gaga made a particular sound popular when there was already a handful of dance songs smashing and being played on the radio before people started paying attention to her brit12 Lbr her meteoric rise to fame made it seem like she's the one to credit but if you objectively look at things it should be unbiasedly noted that it was happening with or without her, so nah I don't buy what you're saying man dancey1

fashion become more extravagant again amongst popstars,

I mean, that's true (I guess when you're talking about Nicki, not Katy or Rihanna 'cause they both were already creating their own aesthetics before Gaga happened) but that was also momentary so who the fuck cares

theatrical tours more popular

Not true. That would be the game changing Blond Ambition tour sha1 Everything fundamentally Gaga can be found in that tour, search ha chi1

LOL. The Fame + Monster is the REASON teenage dream happened katy1

not to mention that TFM outsold TD in every continent of this planet. Actually, TF+M outsold katys ENTIRE album discography combined. Not only that, TFM had a 230m grossing tour and 7 GLOBAL smashes eve1 gaga was the top social media artist in the planet, being #1 on youtube, twitter, facebook, EVERYTHING. 

lol @ the phags in here who are saying that TD is a "bigger era" cause the album doesnt sound as "dated". Since when does an album sounding dated or not have anything to do with the success it had during its release? That's like dismissing the success of Thriller, BOMT, and Bad just cause the music sounds dated af. 

TFM only sounds "dated" nowadays because Gaga WAS pop music during that time period. Obviously, she's long past her peak, and so has the music she helped to push and explode in the pop world. (ki at phags still trying to dismiss gagas contribution to the explosion of pop-dance in mainstream pop rip2)  

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

Ofc TF/M era was bigger but if it happened right now no one would be here for it sorry1 Her Youtube views are tragic and she's doing poorly in streaming area too.

but that wasnt the question the OP asked sorry1 

gagas views/streaming may be tragic compared to katys, but thats because TF/M exploded before the streaming era. I mean, Bad Romance was, at one point, the most viewed video on youtube sorry1 

Wasn't Teenage Dream the one that influenced a Gaga Song? Like.. Edge of Firework anybody?
Both got established with these eras, both gained their main images through these albums. Time showed that in case of popularity, Katy succeeded bigger.

But popularity does not equal musical talent. Gaga showed us instead, how versatile she can be as an artist, which Katy has yet to prove. Even though Katy tried a lot of Genres like Rock-Pop, Indie Pop in 2005, basic pop and best song of the world ever done by anybody aka LEGENDARY LOVERS, Gagas VISION OF MUSIC seems a bit stronger. Gaga stays true to herself and tries more radical new stuff, while Katy slowly steps out of her comfort zone and plays it more safe. Still going for Katy because she had more impact on myself and I can't at those delusional comments here

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TFM without a doubt. TD is nowhere close. 

Stop with this lie  Gaga was one of the biggest artists making dance music when the genre was being furthermore embraced on a mainstream level as a natural social progression, she wasn't a direct forc

which eras made dance music popular, fashion become more extravagant again amongst popstars, theatrical tours more popular and people are still buying it and keeping it on the Billboard 200 to this ve

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.