Madonna

Artists who are more likely to quit music before Ed Sheeran

So, I just saw that petty thread in MM and I thought this would be good BG material. Let's look at the current state of some of our favorite artists.

Madonna - Yes, she is old and she is also not as successful as she used to be. I think at this point she could and maybe even should go on tour and perform some of her deep cuts like she did recently. Her contract also ends after her next album, so there's that. Time to re-issue your catalogue and put your singles on iTunes and Spotify, BITCH!

Kesha - She's not even allowed to put out music anymore, isn't she? jj4 

Britney - I mean...we all know she'd rather retire.

XTina - At this point a comeback is highly unlikely. She should honestly give Vegas a try.

Lana - has hinted at quitting music multiple times over the past...

Gaga- Bitch is over. Nothing she put out since Applause didn't tank. Her Coachella set is also getting dragged and I'm sure her movie will also flop. Given that she's so obsessed with being the most successful pop act on the planet and very insecure, it's pretty likely for her to give up before Ed.

Mariah - LMAO the biggest FLOP of them all but she still think she's the shit. Sadly, I think this bitch will continue to try it until it's impossible for her to be sewn into her gowns.

Janet - She should really consider retiring. She has a child at 50 and she should spend as much time with it as possible considering that she'll be 80 once the kid turns 30. jj4 

Kylie - I thought she was gonna get married? How much longer will she sacrifice her private live or the possibility of having a family for an already unfruitful career?

So yeah...Ed Sheeran quitting music is mostly wishful thinking for y'all. He'll continue to release the bops the GP loves and end your faves left and right. Stay mad! kylie1 

No one will quit music, they are a part of contracts, i hate to bring the business side everytime, but you need to get a grip, we all saw how an artist like kesha has no say when it comes to putting out her music, so why you have this idea that they can quit on the spot if they felt like they didn't want to continue making/releasing music? 

did it ever happen with a big named artist before? shrug1 

Britney can afford quitting music if she wanted to, beside our legendary queen Bey, she's the only one out of your list who found balance between her personal life and her public life, people may dismiss her and question her intelligence at times, but i found the whole vegas option to be a smart choice. I think she will get back stronger again, mentally and physically, now that her kids started to grow up, even if it didn't happen and she decided to quit, she will remain a legend, she paid her dues and we all can agree she is iconic at all times.

i'd love for her to start experimenting as she used to do in 2001-04, she's still young. i'm very happy for her, to think she hit all time low then for her to turn it around like that while still serving us good albums (Blackout, femme fatale, glory) says a lot about her strength, her presence alone is inspiring to me. 

you know you're lying when you say "her comeback is unlikely", everytime word gets out she's about to release a new album the internet blow up, ppl are here for her still, she's legendary, so have several seats kevin.

Christina can actually come back, but she's lazy.

Gaga will never "quit", she believes fame is her life purpose, out of them all, she's the only one showed us she will do almost anything to stay PINNED to the memory of the GP, so .. ummm....... your tea on her is way off... she's staying... she's currently stabilizing her medium.... do not count her out just yet.

Lana is moody, i wouldn't trust what she says if i were you, she said she wanted to quit music before but she currently has a single out? sure jan!

as for older legends, i'd love not to comment because it is a touchy subject and most of you do not want to hear the truth, but i'd say they won't quit music, they will keep putting new music out. CONTRACTS, SWEETHEART, CONTRACTS!

kesha SHOULD quit the music industry all together and become an independent artist who serves music on her own. After what she been through, she needs to become the female prince independence-wise. I don't think she understands the business side of the game and honestly this is her problem, so yeah, she should. 

Now edith shrek needs to get off my face and quit music and for some aliens to take him to another planet where he is believed to be sexy. ny8 

Kesha - Absolutely needs to quit, the bits of music she has been allowed to release since the whole Dr. Luke accusation has been terrible anyway. Should cut her losses and go into reality TV, or become an indie artist and release on Soundcloud like that mess Miley Cyrus.

Gaga - Could get a nosejob/plastic surgery and try and go mainstream again as someone who is even half pretty. Go back to born this way type music and avoid singing about dead relatives she never even knew just for attention... less likely to retire than Madonna and is doing better than her (songs that chart on billboard, etc) so if anyone should retire it's Madonna who probably won't last long anyway

Madonna - Likely to pass away before Ed's next album is released anyway

Christina - Should absolutely retire, she is embarrassing her family and friends by trying to continue with her disgusting career and puffy face/body.

Mariah - A legend part of the vocal trinity, will never retire thankfully.

Britney - Won't retire, got back into the game and back interested in what she's putting out since Glory, a big step up in quality since BJ.

Lana - No one would care, her music all sounds the same and is boring (although I'm playing the shit out of LFL so idk maybe I would) 

Janet - Well Unbreakable is a lot better than RH/HC/MDNA so if she keeps up her quality then of course she won't retire anytime soon unlike Madonna who will be forced into a carehome 

19 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

Kesha - Absolutely needs to quit, the bits of music she has been allowed to release since the whole Dr. Luke accusation has been terrible anyway. Should cut her losses and go into reality TV, or become an indie artist and release on Soundcloud like that mess Miley Cyrus.

Gaga - Could get a nosejob/plastic surgery and try and go mainstream again as someone who is even half pretty. Go back to born this way type music and avoid singing about dead relatives she never even knew just for attention... less likely to retire than Madonna and is doing better than her (songs that chart on billboard, etc) so if anyone should retire it's Madonna who probably won't last long anyway

Christina - Should absolutely retire, she is embarrassing her family and friends by trying to continue with her disgusting career and puffy face/body.

Britney - Won't retire, got back into the game and back interested in what she's putting out since Glory, a big step up in quality since BJ.

Lana - No one would care, her music all sounds the same and is boring (although I'm playing the shit out of LFL so idk maybe I would) 

Janet - Well Unbreakable is a lot better than RH/HC/MDNA so if she keeps up her quality then of course she won't retire anytime soon unlike Madonna who will be forced into a carehome 

tumblr_mk6r5xlTTK1qd41g8o2_r1_250.gif

I'm not sure if Lana would quit music completely, however Lust For Life does sound like a final album to me. I think she did mention wanting to settle down and having kids, so that will probably happen within the next 10 years, so I'd say her music releases will be rather sparse from now on!

& Please, Gaga wanting to be out of the limelight? Unlikely mad1

2 hours ago, Spencer Pratt said:

Madonna will retire when Mariah Carey manages to sell more than 100,000 copies with one album nowadays. Guess when.

tumblr_n7x2frQQNr1shs4m4o1_400.gif

6 hours ago, Spencer Pratt said:

jj4

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kesha - Absolutely needs to quit, the bits of music she has been allowed to release since the whole Dr. Luke accusation has been terrible anyway. Should cut her losses and go into reality TV, or becom

No one will quit music, they are a part of contracts, i hate to bring the business side everytime, but you need to get a grip, we all saw how an artist like kesha has no say when it comes to putting o

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.