Brightflower

Do You Remeber When Prince, Michael and Whitney Died?

For Michael. i believe i found out he died the 26th of June at my uncle's house. I was in mu uncle's bedroom when the news person was talking about how the media is reacting strongly to his death. It was really unbelieveable, even when i saw how sick he looked around his last years.

For Prince, I had just gotten home from a trip and i went in billboard news and the entire page was a picture of Prince saying "Prince Dies at 57". I was literally stunned. I just ast there, mouth open for a few seconds, then searched up if it was true, though I new Billboard wouldnt lie about that.

As for Whitney, i found out through my friends at school the monday after she died. i didnt have cable around the time so i wasnt watching the news. My friends came by my locker, looking at each other nervously and they said, like almost in unison, "Uh, you know Whitney's dead, right?" I froze, like literally. I could feel tears and i immediatly began remebering the last song i heard of her before she died: My Love is Your Love. I was sad for a real long time after that.

So how about you guys?

I remember MJ dying, it was around 2am here and I was watching tv and was so shook, I called my friend and I was like OMG.

Whitney died on my 18th birthday, I was so sad brit2 

I woke up and opened fotp and saw a happy birthday Philip thread and someone wrote like "omg it's sad that his fave died on his birthday" and I was literally shaking thinking it was Xtina scream1 

But yeah the whole birthday I was with guests listening to Nippy oprah2 

Michael- I vaguely remember. My brother made some dumb jokes about him being a pedophile which annoyed me and that's sadly most of what I recall.

Whitney- Yes, I remember I saw the news and realized I hadn't really heard her songs beside IWALY and IWDWS. So I listened to ha GH album and I've been stanning her since then.

Prince- Oddly this is the one I remember the least, even though it was literally last yeardead2 Honestly, it didn't really have an effect on me since I was almost completely unfamiliar with his music/image. I have since discovered how iconic his (and Bowie's) aesthetics are, also he was SO hotcry4

When Michael Jackson died, my dad and I were picking my sister up from a friend's birthday party. Once she got in the car the news came on the radio.

When Whitney died, I was at the doctor's office and saw it on the TV in the waiting room. It was my first time going to that doctor for my recently-discovered condition and he ended up being physically and verbally abusive to me in the check-up room, so my mom and I filed a complaint which did nothing until years later when he was being investigated for medical malpractice and I got called up for an interview to talk about what happened. laughcry1

I don't really remember where I was when Prince died, I must have been too busy that day to keep up with the news.

Michael - He died overnight in my timezone so I woke up to it being all over breakfast TV.

Even though Prince passed away last year I don't remember the day; same with Whitney.

I remember when Bowie passed away. I was driving home to my mum's house and scrolling through Twitter. I remember the street we were on. dead1 

Yes, all 3. I was super sad for all of them. Especially Michael, it took me like 3 months to get over it

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I remember MJ dying, it was around 2am here and I was watching tv and was so shook, I called my friend and I was like OMG.

Whitney died on my 18th birthday, I was so sad brit2 

I woke up and opened fotp and saw a happy birthday Philip thread and someone wrote like "omg it's sad that his fave died on his birthday" and I was literally shaking thinking it was Xtina scream1 

But yeah the whole birthday I was with guests listening to Nippy oprah2 

I remember that dead2oprah2 

With Prince I remember I was watching HLN and they were talking to someone on air from TMZ that broke the news and HLN extended the coverage for almost 4 hours. I wasn't a huge fan of Prince before but it made me sad to see him go. 

I don't really remember what I was doing when Whitney passed, probably sleeping in before getting up and online to see the news. 

Michael I couldn't believe at first, especially seeing the rumors on social media. It still hits me heard that he's gone. 

1 hour ago, Bionic Monster said:

Michael- I vaguely remember. My brother made some dumb jokes about him being a pedophile which annoyed me and that's sadly most of what I recall.

Whitney- Yes, I remember I saw the news and realized I hadn't really heard her songs beside IWALY and IWDWS. So I listened to ha GH album and I've been stanning her since then.

Prince- Oddly this is the one I remember the least, even though it was literally last yeardead2 Honestly, it didn't really have an effect on me since I was almost completely unfamiliar with his music/image. I have since discovered how iconic his (and Bowie's) aesthetics are, also he was SO hotcry4

oh my gosh yess

Prince and MJ, yea. I read about the former online and my mom told me about the latter after school. I recall the aftermath of Whitney's death but I didn't know enough of her for it to be a "Where were you when..." thing for me, personally.

YES I DO

When Michael passed my family members were shooketh by the fact the media treated him like pure shit but bowed down when he passed (like they should've)

When Whitney passed Me and my Grandmother were watching VH1 TOP 20 and the news reported her death

When Prince passed I was side-eyeing the fact that whenever Beyonce has an era with the exception of Self-titled, a LEGEND DIES

NO TEA,NO SHADEaretha1

MJ I remember it was the last day of 8th grade, everyone was talking about it!

Whitney I remember I was on the computer when it happened, reading about the Grammys. 

Prince, I don't remember.

When MJ died I was in middle school and I didn't know who he was (again, middle school; I didn't know the history of Pop Music yet. I mean I had just discovered Britney and Madonna...). I was scrolling through my Facebook feed and talking to my friends on both ends - the ones who were messed up hardcore and the ones who were numb to it because they didn't like him.

When Whitney died I was on Tumblr and that's about all I remember.

When Prince died I was on Twitter and quite a few of my friends were big fans, so I was trying to comfort them.

None of them really effected me personally because I wasn't a huge fan of any of them - but I was still a bit sad about Whitney anyway even though I didn't know her music until after she died...