Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

QUINN

Katy Perry | Bon Appétit (ft Migos) | April 28, 2017

Just now, QUINN said:

Same rih5 

talent only rih5 

11 minutes ago, QUINN said:

I'm excited. I know y'all are looking for a witch hunt but this isn't the first problematic rapper to get a pop feature and it won't be the last. 

and i know, right? 

i can't pretend and say that i'm hyped for this. but it's because its been so long since PRISM and i havent been hyped for anything this era (coz i have this gut instinct she'll disappoint me like Rih always does - which so far, tbh, she hasn't (with CTTR) so it's looking up). But, I mean, get over it. Almost all pop stars hire rent a rappers and there are dozens of rent a rappers that have said homophobic and transphobic (particularly when caitlyn was press-central) shit on IG and twitter. Even the more famous ones. We ain't gon act like this is new, and we ain't gon act like Katy saw them being anti-LGBT and being like "yas now i wantchu on my single".. Just rip4 

1 minute ago, QUINN said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this whole collab started before everyone skewered them for their homophobic comments. It was only a couple months ago, if i recall? I obviously don't know her life or theirs, but I can pretty confidently say that katy wasn't like "yaaaaas let's get the gay haters for my summer smash! I fuck with that!!!"

She should've scrapped the collab as soon as she found out about the comments they've made. I don't think Migos views reflect Katy's views, but that doesn't mean the GP will react the same way. 

1 minute ago, QUINN said:

Yaaaaas slay me with this optimism demi1 let's prepare for the dance party demi1 

I already BAWP to the snippet so the actual song is gonna have me shooketh demi1 I can't wait! 

Lowkey don't understand the hate for the cover, I'm just a bit disappointed that it isn't an Ari collab (I know I shouldn't have believed those rumors but it would be a dream come true) noway1

2 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Exactly. Are the stans gonna lynch Katy for collabing with Snoop Dogg, who has made transphobic Instagram posts, or B.o.B., who has released a song with anti-Semitic lyrics? Pop girls work with shitty people all the time. It's not reflective of their own beliefs.

Snoop and BoB didn't have beef with LMs though that's why they didn't get hate. mj1

Just now, Dreamsssss said:

Lowkey don't understand the hate for the cover, I'm just a bit disappointed that it isn't an Ari collab (I know I shouldn't have believed those rumors but it would be a dream come true) noway1

Snoop and BoB didn't have beef with LMs though that's why they didn't get hate. mj1

Idk who LMs is so mj1 

Just now, Carlos said:

You'll love the flavor!

-

wow, perchedT despite the mess. God she's so infuriating. 

Welcome to the katy Perry section! :) enjoy your stay!

1 minute ago, Dreamsssss said:

Lowkey don't understand the hate for the cover, 

be careful with the LM shade. we dont need a stanwar in here. FOTP already gonna be a mess when this leaks, lets' not fuel the fire.  mad1 

and re: the cover. ngl, i don't like it coz im not here for this severed head mess she's serving. its ugly. (not a massive fan of the hair either but she can do what she wants). But I saw a lot of 

"zomg. the cover is black people reaching out to grab a white head which is raised on a platter. katy how u do this in ur purposeful pop era"

now honestly, it's more than likely no one noticed. But considering they're already talking about "omg purposeful pop"... could that not be the point of the cover if she's still going this socially aware route? Like she's commenting on that with the cover. . Just a random thought. 

2 minutes ago, Kenya said:

Just because she's done it before doesn't mean it is okay for her to do it now um1 

tea!

1 minute ago, Carlos said:

You'll love the flavor!

-

wow, perchedT despite the mess. God she's so infuriating. 

tea! [2] i'm not gonna deny the song's a bop if it is. if it's good it's good!

1 minute ago, RihannaRTT said:

be careful with the LM shade. we dont need a stanwar in here. FOTP already gonna be a mess when this leaks, lets' not fuel the fire.  mad1 

and re: the cover. ngl, i don't like it coz im not here for this severed head mess she's serving. its ugly. (not a massive fan of the hair either but she can do what she wants). But I saw a lot of 

"zomg. the cover is black people reaching out to grab a white head which is raised on a platter. katy how u do this in ur purposeful pop era"

now honestly, it's more than likely no one noticed. But considering they're already talking about "omg purposeful pop"... could that not be the point of the cover if she's still going this socially aware route? Like she's commenting on that with the cover. . Just a random thought. 

tea1 

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.