Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

QUINN

Katy Perry | Bon Appétit (ft Migos) | April 28, 2017

Just now, Kuba said:

It really doesn't work that way though. Artists don't just scrap songs (espesh collabs) last minute because they read something online! If you're going to hold their comments against them, we should also hold the problematic shit Katy said against her too! Like I'm not trying to justify their comments, but something like that seems huge to us because we seek reason to hate them, while Katy might've not even given it a second thought because she knows first hand how much shit artists get for saying anything! 

It'll be a bop everyone, lets not bring it down before it's even out demi1

I do hold Katy accountable for the things she says, because she has been problematic in the past. My issue is that people are excusing it because she's done it in the past. I just saw the post above where Migos apologized for what they've said, so I guess I'm not as upset. I just really don't like migos rip2 so for the comments they made paired with Katy's purposeful pop era rubbed me the wrong way.

2 minutes ago, alexander said:

I feel like this video is gonna go for shock value tactics to get a hit rip3 Birthday 2.0 except successful sia1 

inb4 we get a bigger mess and serve 51 minute video without an edited version. 

nCZw7Uk.gif.a96a64f5481e23df2c04b2841bf5ef31.gif

4 minutes ago, alexander said:

I feel like this video is gonna go for shock value tactics to get a hit rip3 Birthday 2.0 except successful sia1 

bitch you better delete this rip2rip2rip2rip2rip2 

1 minute ago, Justas said:

I like the bridge in the solo version, but the second Yeezy verse builds up to the final chorus so perfectly that it leaves the solo bridge bald, but different taste for different people sia3 

WHAT. I think you're one of the few people that prefer Kanye's verse over Katy's bridge. The bridge is easily one of the best bridges in her whole discography lj1 

1 minute ago, Kenya said:

WHAT. I think you're one of the few people that prefer Kanye's verse over Katy's bridge. The bridge is easily one of the best bridges in her whole discography lj1 

I also prefer the Kanye version 

I like Yeezy in general and am a weird person, so I guess that's why sia3 

But I like the bridge a lot, don't get me wrong on that!

I do hold Katy accountable for the things she says, because she has been problematic in the past. My issue is that people are excusing it because she's done it in the past. I just saw the post above where Migos apologized for what they've said, so I guess I'm not as upset. I just really don't like migos rip2 so for the comments they made paired with Katy's purposeful pop era rubbed me the wrong way.

Oh I completely get it! I was also kinda taken aback too and wondered how this "purposeful pop" thing would work now. I have full faith that the good sis will pull through! gaycat1

6 minutes ago, QUINN said:

And if this matters to any of you:

!!

and while people may be like "but this is a fake ass PR response"; there's literally no way of telling, unless you're Migos, if it was genuine or not. Yeah it would be amplified for a formal response but doesn't mean it wasn't genuine. and i do recall people defending them when they made the comments like "that's clearly not what they meant". 

and who are we to assume that Katy a) knew of this before today and b) didn't ask them straight up about it and accepted their apology before going ahead with it. 

1 minute ago, RihannaRTT said:

!!

and while people may be like "but this is a fake ass PR response"; there's literally no way of telling, unless you're Migos, if it was genuine or not. Yeah it would be amplified for a formal response but doesn't mean it wasn't genuine. and i do recall people defending them when they made the comments like "that's clearly not what they meant". 

and who are we to assume that Katy a) knew of this before today and b) didn't ask them straight up about it and accepted their apology before going ahead with it. 

The tea is still boiling!

3 minutes ago, alexander said:

When Bon Applebees flops and Birthday looks like the successful one sia1 

A true reverse warholian experience sia1sia1 

When we thought birthday was a flop rip2 those were the days sass1 

2 minutes ago, Justas said:

I like Yeezy in general and am a weird person, so I guess that's why sia3 

But I like the bridge a lot, don't get me wrong on that!

3 minutes ago, QUINN said:

I also prefer the Kanye version 

lj1 I dont think Kanye's verse is bad at all, but I just cant trust her for replacing the bridge w that cry3 

When we thought birthday was a flop rip2 those were the days sass1 

lj1 I dont think Kanye's verse is bad at all, but I just cant trust her for replacing the bridge w that cry3 

The ideal version is the PWT live version where it had the Kanye parts, plus the choral bridge lj1 

Just now, QUINN said:

The ideal version is the PWT live version where it had the Kanye parts, plus the choral bridge lj1 

STILL waiting for the studio PWT version of Wide Awake tbh.

2 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

omg i hope it happens now for the mess lmfao1 can you imagine lmfao1 twitter would collapse. lmfao1 

I guess at least we'd get something iconic from this era moo1 

Just now, QUINN said:

This so much, but the video version works brilliantly as well lj1 

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.