Savage

So what's the truth, madonna?

Vote after you read the whole OP, please.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's the truth?

• Madonna is lying.
    • This interview did not happen/this was not madonna who was in the footage.

Disclaimer: this is not a hate thread, i'm just looking for the truth, because i see a lot of contradiction.

First, let's roll some footage from the year 1983, let's start at the 0:033 mark

In the video, her words:

" i was born in Detroit, i'm a famed high school dropout, so don't believe anything they tell you.."

Tip: *Use closed captions if you can't hear* kesha4 

Did you hear it? did you see that? 

but then madonna, in 2017, posted this on instagram (now deleted)

-YmfAdgzezs.jpg

oprah6 

Here's the complete picture she was dragging if you want to look at it:

wMO_VXTqAAo.jpg

it was basically what she said in the footage i posted above.

what's happening? I don't understand it.

I don't understand why she even lied about it, i mean it was not that deep to tell where she was actually born to someone who's interviewing her as a public figure....  was she ashamed or sth? also he didn't even ask for the "i'm a famed high school dropout" random comment, so it is all on her.

The problem is:

In the interview she was joking, saying it sarcastically. Obviously at that time no one would have believed her if she said she was a straight A student and went to university lol...

Anyway, it would have been smarter if she picked one of the 2000 other lies in the script to drag them. Picking this particular part was a little unfortunate but she realized it and deleted it so it's all good. tehe1 

Still, what I don't understand is the hypocrisy of some M stans being so hellbent on wanting this biopic to happen. Why? Most biopics are disastrous. Yet the same people claim she is tarnishing her legacy with releasing stuff like Rebel Heart. I mean...WHAT? So you want a biopic that might shed an even worse light on her and her career to be put out rather than music but won't let HER be at least the script consultant of her OWN STORY? Then have Mariah's best friend be the director of it? ny12 This movie is gonna tarnish her image even further by confirming the stereotypes, lies and all the shit spread about her back then and now just to cash in inn the scandal. Obviously people are gonna be more interested in watching a biopic that the artist didn't want anyone to see.

1 minute ago, NJ said:

I don't understand why she even lied about it, i mean it was not that deep to tell him where she was actually born to someone who's interviewing her as a public figure....  was she ashamed or sth? also he didn't even ask for the "i'm a famed high school dropout" random comment, so it is all on her.

She was either joking or just didn't wanna come off as inauthentic. She was presenting a very clear image. Imagine her going like, "Well, I was born in Bay City went to Catholic school, was a straight A student and then got a scholarship from the University of Michigan. I decided to drop out and now I look and dress like a tramp and want to rule the world." mad5 

10 minutes ago, NJ said:

I don't understand why she even lied about it, i mean it was not that deep to tell where she was actually born to someone who's interviewing her as a public figure....  was she ashamed or sth? also he didn't even ask for the "i'm a famed high school dropout" random comment, so it is all on her.

I think she was addressing rumors from that time. 

People also thought she was black so label didn't want to put her pic on the cover of Holiday so she could get airplay on black stations (or something like that) since only one female song per hour was allowed at the time. 

Just now, Yzma said:

The problem is:

In the interview she was joking, saying it sarcastically. Obviously at that time no one would have believed her if she said she was a straight A student and went to university lol...

Anyway, it would have been smarter if she picked one of the 2000 other lies in the script to drag them. Picking this particular part was a little unfortunate but she realized it and deleted it so it's all good. tehe1 

Still, what I don't understand is the hypocrisy of some M stans being so hellbent on wanting this biopic to happen. Why? Most biopics are disastrous. Yet the same people claim she is tarnishing her legacy with releasing stuff like Rebel Heart. I mean...WHAT? So you want a biopic that might shed an even worse light on her and her career to be put out rather than music but won't let HER be at least the script consultant of her OWN STORY? Then have Mariah's best friend be the director of it? ny12 This movie is gonna tarnish her image even further by confirming the stereotypes, lies and all the shit spread about her back then and now just to cash in inn the scandal. Obviously people are gonna be more interested in watching a biopic that the artist didn't want anyone to see.

No it is not, just because she deleted the post doesn't mean the argument surrounding the post is over. The post did happen and many people screencapped it.

as i said, she didn't have to lie about anything. so she was actually a straight A student but instead she wanted to be seen as a 'famed high school dropout'? WHY? 

This lil situation will make people's interest go up because if she's mad about something that was proven right later on (see the footage), then the other parts of the script might be true too. this is the lifestory of a legend, ofc we wanna see it. This little situation is not good for her, she is already doing damage to her own image by her own hands.

It reminds me of when Kim exposed taylor using an actual footage of kanye calling taylor on the phone, it automatically invalidated everything taylor said earlier about not knowing about the song, its lyrics, and so on... U see how this goes? 

13 minutes ago, Yzma said:

She was either joking or just didn't wanna come off as inauthentic. She was presenting a very clear image. Imagine her going like, "Well, I was born in Bay City went to Catholic school, was a straight A student and then got a scholarship from the University of Michigan. I decided to drop out and now I look and dress like a tramp and want to rule the world." mad5 

So why everyone was dragging lady gaga for the Email situation during the "born this way vs express yourself" debacle? I'm sure you could use the same excuses in her situation too, no?

Double standards much?

Also as a public figure, you should never lie about specific info about your background because your everything will eventually come out to the light, especially if the media hate you.

Just now, NJ said:

So why everyone was dragging lady gaga for the Email situation during the "born this way vs express yourself" debacle? I'm sure you could use the same excuses in her situation too, no?

Double standards much?

Also as a public figure, you should never lie about specific info about your background because your everything will eventually come out to the light, especially if the media hate you.

oopsie nat1

36 minutes ago, NJ said:

as i said, she didn't have to lie about anything.

Just like Nicole and Anastacia didn't have to lie about their age? Mariah is still keeping her age a secret (?)

Just like label didn't have to Minnie Mouse Madonna's voice because she was already 'old' when she debuted?

Janet lied about secret marriage and secret child in 80s too.

MJ faked foot injury to promote single during Dangerous era (hoping it would chart higher) and secretly was selling rumors to newspapers in 80s (and he was exposed for it)

It was different time.

She probably played the rumors that  circled around her (like gaga played with rumors of her having dick back in 2009, and even wore fake one to mess with people). Dirty messy nasty girl was Madonna's image until TB era. They probably tried to make her look hip and relateable to rebellious teens because she was 26 laughcry1

29 minutes ago, NJ said:

So why everyone was dragging lady gaga for the Email situation during the "born this way vs express yourself" debacle?

Because she used other people for her lies to praise herself. 

Key word: NOW. 

That wasn't the case back in the day when stars were very private and had very private and secret lives. 

38 minutes ago, NJ said:

Double standards much?

See, I would agree with the double-standard part honestly. The problem is, that Madonna didn't say something to elevate her status. In fact, she did the very opposite. Gaga claimed OTHER PEOPLE PRAISED HER/HER SONG to elevate herself. She plays the victim all the time and she lies about her level of profession. Madonna doesn't brag about that. She even refused lifetime achievement awards and instead of supporting a movie that could probably revitalize her career or get her a lot of cash and promotion, decided to boycott it because she wanted it to be more personal and accurate.

Madonna has a very different character compared to Gaga and Mariah who continuously ride on their previous success.

19 minutes ago, Yzma said:

See, I would agree with the double-standard part honestly. The problem is, that Madonna didn't say something to elevate her status. In fact, she did the very opposite. Gaga claimed OTHER PEOPLE PRAISED HER/HER SONG to elevate herself. She plays the victim all the time and she lies about her level of profession. Madonna doesn't brag about that. She even refused lifetime achievement awards and instead of supporting a movie that could probably revitalize her career or get her a lot of cash and promotion, decided to boycott it because she wanted it to be more personal and accurate.

Madonna has a very different character compared to Gaga and Mariah who continuously ride on their previous success.

No sweetheart, usually when someone lies it is for the purpose of making themselves look better. This little lie made madonna's 'rise to fame' story  seem more exciting.

Still, i won't judge her because i'm not perfect either, i mean we all lie and sometimes get caught up in our lies, right?  i just wanted to understand her reasons for it, maybe she just wanted a more eventful narrative than the actual one, who knows, maybe she said it because she just wanted to motivate others and to be viewed as a heroine back then, only god knows her intentions behind it.

1 hour ago, Yzma said:

Still, what I don't understand is the hypocrisy of some M stans being so hellbent on wanting this biopic to happen. Why? Most biopics are disastrous. etc.

Maybe because we've actually read the script in full and it's a great film that presents a flattering and meaningful portrait of Madonna, faults in terms of accuracy notwithstanding? nicki4 I feel like most people being upset about this film haven't actually read the screenplay.. It's very flattering towards Madonna and every other character in there, so even if it's flawed in terms of accuracy (as even every documentary is and must be), the story is exciting and it would in general just be exciting for people to be talking about Madonna, her early glory and what she contributed to the music industry etc. moo5 How is that so bad?

14 minutes ago, NJ said:

i just wanted to understand her reasons for it, maybe she just wanted a more eventful narrative than the actual one, who knows, maybe she said it because she just wanted to motivate others and to be viewed as a heroine back then, only god knows her intentions behind it.

Obviously she said it to sound tough and like a fighter gaga12 I mean, that's just obvious and very natural. When you get your few seconds on the air you want to say the right things to convey the image of yourself you want people to understand. Madonna wanted to be known as a strong, rebellious woman, and if that meant editing her biography a bit then that's the right thing to do ayumi1

Whoever wrote the script clearly focused on all early interviews and footage etc. so it's quite sad for Madonna to blast the movie with this particular detail when she said the "lie" herself, which has directly led to it being written sha1 It's also extremely rude of her to mock the entire script which is actually very sympathetic towards Madonna and women in the music industry in general. For her to say that whoever supports the movie in general (that includes the themes and messages which are actually quite profound) is supporting lies and and exploitation is very cruel and unnecessary ari1

I feel bad for screenwriter Elyse Hollander tho, it was her first script. She didn't deserve to get trashed like that, instead of managing Madonna that dumb ass Oseary is doing nothing to control her and her stupid mouth.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem is: In the interview she was joking, saying it sarcastically. Obviously at that time no one would have believed her if she said she was a straight A student and went to university lol

Or she was lying to make herself seem cool and edgy

Disclaimer: this is not a hate thread, i'm just looking for the truth, because i see a lot of contradiction.   First, let's roll some footage from the year 1983, let's start at the 0:033 mar

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.