Madonna

Annual "Why does Kesha still have a section?" Thread

6 minutes ago, Parker said:

This is a pop forum that thrives on news and new music and a good bit on charts. Not dragging what are obviously talented and iconic artists...it's just sometimes their past successes are better discussed in history books than on an ever changing pop landscape giphy.gif

I get you but your view is Not realistic.

The older girls broke records and achieved things the new pop girls dream of doing, if your new pop girl happen to achieve something big it will automatically get compared to that of an older pop girl..  it is what it is... so no, they will always get discussed... 

5 minutes ago, Yzma said:

and people give a fuck about Moby Dick and Kylie in 2017? ayumi1 Proves to show you have literally 0 of a clue what's going on in the world. Time to crawl out from under that rock, Pipi and cancel that Daily Mirror/The Sun subscription! 

rip3 

Just now, Dr. Slay said:

How ironic considering your in your own little world yourself! rip2

How? um1 I don't write shit that Mariah raped her son or that she was raped by her father and enjoyed it like the person I quoted does.

2 minutes ago, Yzma said:

How? um1 I don't write shit that Mariah raped her son or that she was raped by her father and enjoyed it like the person I quoted does.

I'm not defending or talking about the person you quoted im talking about you rip2

34 minutes ago, Hannah said:

People here are just stuck in the past and refuse to accept that their faves are over and that the new era of pop girls are emerging! 

Our petition on change.org is coming! #Justice4NewPopGals gaycat1

8 minutes ago, NJ said:

I get you but your view is Not realistic.

The older girls broke records and achieved things the new pop girls dream of doing, if your new pop girl happen to achieve something big it will automatically get compared to that of an older pop girl..  it is what it is... so no, they will always get discussed... 

giphy.gif

Me trying to find where I said the older pop girls didn't break records and would never be mentioned again.

I get that they will be discussed but as you said in context with a new achievement. I don't think a Madonna section that consists of solely "New Pop Girl Get's #1, Madonna Did That Already" would be very successful. Give the icons their acclaim when it's due but I think it might be time for a new fresh faces here! 

Just now, Parker said:

giphy.gif

Me trying to find where I said the older pop girls didn't break records and would never be mentioned again.

I get that they will be discussed but as you said in context with a new achievement.

Give the icons their acclaim when it's due but I think it might be time for a new fresh faces here! 

Also me trying to find when did i say i'm against new fresh faces? see, this what happens when you fail to read the whole post, or maybe you were reading someone else's post?

giphy.gif

You said discussing older pop girls is only for history books and i responded, obviously i proved how it was wrong for you to think like that.

I don't think a Madonna section that consists of solely "New Pop Girl Get's #1, Madonna Did That Already" would be very successful.

Well, this is just one example out of the many scenarios that can happen, but yeah, it provides discussion as i said. boring? maybe... my point is that they will still be discussed either in the context i provided or sth else of the sort. There's a relationship between old and new, if you believe in progression you'd know of that.

34 minutes ago, NJ said:

I hate when stans of lessors talk smack about legends and icons...

You can't be talking about anything being over when no one pressed play on your fave's career. She's yet to get a #1 to prove herself. she still needs features for her songs to get noticed. All those faves of the past you talk about shut shit down in their prime each in her field, now what your fave did in her prime? put her hair in a ponytail? when will your fave get a legendary single like "toxic"? "Dirrty"? "Tik tok"?  Bitches fall back before i get bothered.

I love this song but it peaked at like #48 on the BB100 so I wouldn't use it 

Honestly Xtina had like a small amount of #1 hits from debut album and kind of had a hit here or there afterwards, idk where people think she's a legend from?  sass1

1 minute ago, Hannah said:

Doesn't Lana have a section there too? So I mean your argument for why we should keep her section here is kinda invalid now.

Lana had a section HERE long before AltBoards was even conceived.

Just now, RandomosiTAY said:

I love this song but it peaked at like #48 on the BB100 so I wouldn't use it 

Honestly Xtina had like a small amount of #1 hits from debut album and kind of had a hit here or there afterwards, idk where people think she's a legend from?  sass1

Sweetheart i was talking about LEGENDARY. SINGLES.

LEGENDARY.

SINGLES.

103016-kyliejenner.jpg?itok=XwwXQMUa

Just now, Yzma said:

Lana had a section HERE long before AltBoards was even conceived.

Ok? Point being? Kesha had a section here for a long time too so does that mean we should keep her? Your reasons for why some artists should and shouldn't have a section here are very faulty and pretty biased. You shut down every idea for who could replace Kesha but then when you apply similar arguments to people you stan it's suddenly a no go.

4 minutes ago, NJ said:

Also me trying to find when did i say i'm against new fresh faces? see, this what happens when you fail to read the whole post, or maybe you were reading someone else's post?

giphy.gif

You said discussing older pop girls is only for history books and i responded, obviously i proved how it was wrong for you to think like that.

Well, this is just one example out of the many scenarios that can happen, but yeah, it provides discussion as i said. boring? maybe... my point is that they will still be discussed either in the context i provided or sth else of the sort. There's a relationship between old and new, if you believe in progression you'd know of that.

nnn not you trying to clock me for reading comprehension then totally misreading my post.  I quote: "I think it's time for some fresh faces." "I" When did I say you were against them again? Oh yeah...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Hannah said:

Ok? Point being? Kesha had a section here for a long time too so does that mean we should keep her? Your reasons for why some artists should and shouldn't have a section here are very faulty and pretty biased. You shut down every idea for who could replace Kesha but then when you apply similar arguments to people you stan it's suddenly a no go.

Read the OP again, sis. I don't get why you out of all people turn this JOKE thread with clearly ironic and sarcastic undertones into a serious discussion. This is EXACTLY why BG is not fun anymore.

The gag is seeing you talking about being done commercially when your fave can't get a solo #1 hit to save her life less than 5 years into her career. 

Just like her attempts to get a smash solo hit, your attempts are always cute, but they never cut it. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cause Kesha Warrior Deluxe Japanese Target Edition Duets-Only Rap Verse +/- game thread hasn't been posted yet 

I don't have a problem with the section per se I just find it a bit hypocritical that some people were shading the Bey section for using games / megarates to keep it alive when the Kesha section was d

Oh no, hide everyone! Here come the color & font coded paragraphs!

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.