Infrared

The GP knows MR more than CTTR, Why?

37 minutes ago, Jjang said:

And I already replied to that :

CTTR's UK sales : 400k+ 

TC's UK sales : 81k 

How is Gaga selling 4 times less translates to her slaying Katy in the UK in your brain? 

And like I said, it sold 150k in France which is like x10 more than TC and tons more in Germany which is also a major market... lol

to my "ignored users" list you go

13 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

I POSTED THE UK RECEIPTS BECAUSE THAT IS THE MOST RELEVANT MUSIC MARKET IN THE US. I DO NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK IF SHE DID WELL IN SOME COUNTRY WHERE THE #1 SONG SELLS LESS THAN 150 COPIES A DAY.

I don't get it

22 hours ago, Merryem said:

umm ok. even pretending to try and compare the floppage of BA to MR takes ur argument down the shitter, try again.

Did I or did I not literally say that we shouldn't be comparing BA to anything? ellie1 My argument is that both Gaga and Katy are underperforming according to their standards, but Katy is doing far better overall, which makes it ridiculous for LMs to mock her success when they're enduring 10x worse um2 And that argument stays strong with or without a focus on BA.

21 hours ago, Michael. said:

I'm pretty sure the last one is fake. Malibu has literally more views than BA and it increased faster so it doesn't add up or i'm just not getting something? shrug1

BA passed it already now, but anyway, just look at the statistics on YouTube lol, the proof is right there for ya bey5

QDeNG9v.png

3r1rP0O.png

aura1

21 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

Literally the vast majority of chart hits rn are uptempo songs, either electronic or hip hop. You have to scroll all the way down to #13 to find a legitimate ballad comparable to "Million Reasons." "FourFive Seconds" was released more than 2 years ago. So that comparison is also vague and unfair.sorry1

Well, yeah it is, but that wasn't my argument lol, I brought up FFS to counter yours ayumi1 I'm not trying to compare it to anything. Obviously it's harder in general to slay with a ballad, but then she also flopped with so many up tempo dance songs these years that it's just far better imo to assume that people just don't care about her anymore trash1 Which is why I find this focus on MR as if it's some shining beacon, some proof of Gaga's enduring relevance, comical. It's just another underperforming single with an underperforming video in another underperforming era ellie1

They are not in the same STRATOSPHERE, wtf? Million Reasons was a top 10 hit and did well on radio, while Katy just broke the VEVO record or w/e and got a negative update today for radio spins and is nowhere to be found on iTuneslmfao1 Man, talk about double standards! If "Perfect Illusion" or "Million Reasons" performed like BA so far the #LadyGagaisOVERParty threads from your fanbase would be endless. Gaga gets a #4 and is over but when Katy peaks at #16 on iTunes, tanks on streaming despite a TTH placement, and will probably barely manage to peak in the top 50, the excuses come flying. Y'all would be dragging monsters if we posted the shit excuses y'all are coming up with

Just broke the VEVO record? tay2

Anyway, this is a funny section of your post, because I can easily counter with: if Katy performed like PI or MR the #KatyPerryisOVERParty threads would also be endless um3

Which proves my point: none of those releases are impressive compared to the actual slaying tracks, but there is a difference in degree, and Katy is performing a lot better on overall platforms in general, incl. her old work bey5 That's just a simple fact to me, it's not even "defending" Katy for me, it's just laying out what's obvious. Criticizing Gaga with her lackluster sales is just boring, we've been doing that for years now aura1 It's just about exposing the double standards of LMs that I'm after.

It matters because there's a thing called social media where people talk about things like new music videos and what they're about. Katy got tons of press for having a sexually charged video and she's extremely popular on youtube anyway. When have I ever denied that? Gaga is a flop on youtube this era but that doesn't cancel out all the things Gaga has Katy beat on this era. Like I said before, let's wait for the album sales...mad3

But then you can use your own logic to defend Katy: well, Katy was never a great album seller but that doesn't cancel out her other achievements bey4 Yawn.

@Earth Ripper would you like to address this? I notice you ignored it in your other post.

I didn't address it because it's just.. I mean, of course people weren't forced to buy Gaga's single anna1 But then don't use promo arguments against Katy either lol just be consistent. Also, you already know I think US sales are irrelevant in the big picture, so that's another reason why I ignored it aretha1 Moderate hit, whatever, if that's a hit then CTTR was a smash (and PI was a huge flop) I still think it's funny how you're holding on to MR like a life raft. No, it does not change the fact that Gaga still can't compete with her peers, even after an acclaimed Superbowl performance trash1

2 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

Well, yeah it is, but that wasn't my argument lol, I brought up FFS to counter yours ayumi1 I'm not trying to compare it to anything. Obviously it's harder in general to slay with a ballad, but then she also flopped with so many up tempo dance songs these years that it's just far better imo to assume that people just don't care about her anymore trash1 Which is why I find this focus on MR as if it's some shining beacon, some proof of Gaga's enduring relevance, comical. It's just another underperforming single with an underperforming video in another underperforming era ellie1

Why is that always your excuse? That is your argument. You used it to counter mine, it's called a counterargument.

What dance songs has she flopped with? The only two recent ones are GUY and Perfect Illusion. Katy had two consecutive flops and again, not a peep out of you.

How is it underperforming? It spent 20 weeks on the Hot 100, had radio success, was a sales hit, and even managed decent streaming in the end. Sure it didn't do that well WW, but in the US it is a hit.

Anyway, this is a funny section of your post, because I can easily counter with: if Katy performed like PI or MR the #KatyPerryisOVERParty threads would also be endless um3

Which proves my point: none of those releases are impressive compared to the actual slaying tracks, but there is a difference in degree, and Katy is performing a lot better on overall platforms in general, incl. her old work bey5 That's just a simple fact to me, it's not even "defending" Katy for me, it's just laying out what's obvious. Criticizing Gaga with her lackluster sales is just boring, we've been doing that for years now aura1 It's just about exposing the double standards of LMs that I'm after.

Katy performed worse than PI and MR. Bon Appetit is the biggest flop by a main girl since American Oxygen. Why can't you bring yourself to admit that? The fact that she broke the vevo record just makes it more embarrassing for her because BA is currently at #100 on US iTunes even with a huge video.

The problem with wanting to "expose" monsters or w/e is that your own fanbase is just as bad or worse when it comes to hypocrisy and generally being annoying and two-faced.

I didn't address it because it's just.. I mean, of course people weren't forced to buy Gaga's single anna1 But then don't use promo arguments against Katy either lol just be consistent. Also, you already know I think US sales are irrelevant in the big picture, so that's another reason why I ignored it aretha1 Moderate hit, whatever, if that's a hit then CTTR was a smash (and PI was a huge flop) I still think it's funny how you're holding on to MR like a life raft. No, it does not change the fact that Gaga still can't compete with her peers, even after an acclaimed Superbowl performance trash1

Why are US sales irrelevant? It's the biggest music market in the world, dude. And I don't believe I have used any arguments to prove that somehow because CTTR was promoted a lot and discounted (another fact I haven't heard you discuss- why is it ok for Katy to discount but when Gaga does it she's desperate?)

But if you can't accept the fact that Bon Appetit bombed hard this entire conversation just needs to be over.

7 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

Did I or did I not literally say that we shouldn't be comparing BA to anything? ellie1 My argument is that both Gaga and Katy are underperforming according to their standards, but Katy is doing far better overall, which makes it ridiculous for LMs to mock her success when they're enduring 10x worse um2 And that argument stays strong with or without a focus on BA.

wtf are you saying lol. im saying its ok to compare BA to MR but trying to say they're flopping on even almost equal levels is bullshit in every single way. not that you shouldn't compare BA to anything? dont mince words bye.

7 hours ago, Merryem said:

wtf are you saying lol. im saying its ok to compare BA to MR but trying to say they're flopping on even almost equal levels is bullshit in every single way. not that you shouldn't compare BA to anything? dont mince words bye.

Wtf why are you such a slow reader tay2 Of course you didn't say we shouldn't compare BA to anything, that was my argument lmao um3 Whatever, you clearly don't know what's going on in this conversation.

11 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

Why is that always your excuse? That is your argument. You used it to counter mine, it's called a counterargument.

There's a difference though. I don't want you/other people to think that the comparison between FFS and MR mattered or something, I just brought it up 'cause I don't think the "country ballads can't smash" theory is right, that doesn't mean I want to talk about FFS and how that comparison might not apply etc. aura1

12 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

What dance songs has she flopped with? The only two recent ones are GUY and Perfect Illusion. Katy had two consecutive flops and again, not a peep out of you.

MTN tay2 She's been on a downward spiral ever since late 2011 which I think I've mentioned already. It's obvious that Katy's had a similar movement since 2014 but then again, she also had her best performing single ever and her best performing tour ever in that same year, so I don't think it's equivalent aretha1 I've said it before in this thread: Katy has declined with the general decline of female pop (visible everywhere now), while Gaga was dropping like a fly way before that. Which makes it funny that people will bring up the "sales decline tho!!!" arguments when looking at Gaga's sales, but will refuse to do the same for any of her peers trash1

How is it underperforming? It spent 20 weeks on the Hot 100, had radio success, was a sales hit, and even managed decent streaming in the end. Sure it didn't do that well WW, but in the US it is a hit.

I've already acknowledged its US success plenty of times omg how is this still an argument ayumi1 I care more about global success, I think that should be obvious by now.

Katy performed worse than PI and MR. Bon Appetit is the biggest flop by a main girl since American Oxygen. Why can't you bring yourself to admit that? The fact that she broke the vevo record just makes it more embarrassing for her because BA is currently at #100 on US iTunes even with a huge video.

I think that's too early to say before it's promo run is coming up bey6 I don't expect the song to smash, but then I also didn't expect CTTR to do as well as it eventually did. You seem to have this fantasy in your head that I think Katy is doing great when I've literally repeated that she's underperforming, even with CTTR chi1 But despite the sales and streaming flop that is BA people are still checking out this video and her old video's, are still buying and streaming her old work, and are obviously still keeping track of her when they can break an Adele comeback VEVO record brit13 That shows her enduring relevance to me, and I'm happy to see that, that's literally all.

The problem with wanting to "expose" monsters or w/e is that your own fanbase is just as bad or worse when it comes to hypocrisy and generally being annoying and two-faced.

Well, of course, but I'm not "my fanbase" and other people's hypocrisy doesn't stop from being hypocrisy just because I'm hypocritical sometimes too, does it? demi1 I have no problem calling out Madonna fans for their bs (which has put me in trouble many times). My Rebel Heart lashings still get their knickers in a twist.

Why are US sales irrelevant? It's the biggest music market in the world, dude. And I don't believe I have used any arguments to prove that somehow because CTTR was promoted a lot and discounted (another fact I haven't heard you discuss- why is it ok for Katy to discount but when Gaga does it she's desperate?)

Easy. Katy never pretended she was a grand artist who was above all of that commercial scheming jj4 Gaga on the other hand consistently pretended she was fundamentally uninterested in commercial success and the promotion that went with it, which led to the sadly popular notion that she's more "authentic" than her peers which she's obviously not katy5 Katy is a manufactured pop star who owns her brand, her team's tactics are not surprising on any level, and frankly, she often pulls off the humanitarian act 10x better than political activist Lady Gaga mad5 When Gaga brings her guitar (and a camera crew of course) to a homeless shelter for the gays whose issues she's ignored for years now to perform her latest discounted single, obviously I'm gonna have a laugh because that is fake bs and it's more aggravating than her peers' similar tactics because she and her fans honestly claim it's genuine and not driven by hunger for money oprah13

About the US: I just think that when you once owned the global music market, it's silly to just look at one country years later to prove you're still something rih3 Every artist should be critiqued based on their own set standards. For Gaga fans to focus solely on the US after years of mocking other artists for being "local" is a travesty, the end.

But if you can't accept the fact that Bon Appetit bombed hard this entire conversation just needs to be over.

I have already long accepted that though, I just think that if Gaga broke Adele's VEVO record with that bombing single while still having a previous single doing well worldwide you would never make a big deal out of it rih10 Of course it's doing horribly in sales, but why would it be interesting to repeat that over and over? It's a lot more interesting (to me) to think about why it's doing so well on YouTube and not elsewhere and what that says about her brand (esp. compared to once reigning music video queen Lady Gaga who now can't get as many views as CTTR's lyric video on her latest US "hit" mv) um2 But yes, BA is a flop, if you need it in black and white. I just think it's laughable for any LM to take pride in that when their fav is still outdone by that flopping bitch in total hottie1

1 minute ago, Kuba said:

CTTR & BA are higher on WW iTunes than any Lady Gaga song. A true flop indeed! 

Gaga has been over for years it's sad her fans can't realise this, and they don't even realise how ugly she is either. at least britney is skinny with kids 

8 hours ago, Urbanov said:

^

Imagine being this dumb and stubborn, clocked so easily and yet still not being able to admit your failure jj4 

I was talking about UK iTunes mainly which is why I posted receipts from the UK and not other European countries. The chart that groups all of Europe together is ridiculous because the majority are marginal markets for music at best. Stay mad tho.

11 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

Wtf why are you such a slow reader tay2 Of course you didn't say we shouldn't compare BA to anything, that was my argument lmao um3 Whatever, you clearly don't know what's going on in this conversation.

your argument for what? why shouldn't we compare BA to anything ? if we were to compare BA to anything, shouldn't it be MR (the 2nd singles of both pop girls for their albums) or The Cure (the closest in timing, literally released two weeks apart)? and in both cases, BA is flopping much, much harder. so don't even try it with the "BA and MR were both huge flops compared to CTTR!!" because frankly that kinda bullshit doesn't swing, sorry.

10 hours ago, Merryem said:

your argument for what? why shouldn't we compare BA to anything ?

Like I literally said, to you even, because it's too early still rih3

if we were to compare BA to anything, shouldn't it be MR (the 2nd singles of both pop girls for their albums) or The Cure (the closest in timing, literally released two weeks apart)?

Sure, then I'll be happy to see the CTTR to PI comparisons too lol1

BA is flopping much, much harder. so don't even try it with the "BA and MR were both huge flops compared to CTTR!!" because frankly that kinda bullshit doesn't swing, sorry.

Again, I don't care how hard someone is flopping compared to the other, both are underperforming, the end mad5 I get that Monsters want to save their pride by underscoring how much more badly Katy('s latest single) is doing (while she's still slaying Gaga overall but anyway) but that's just not interesting to me because CTTR showed Katy can still have a very successful single in this climate rih10 Her success does not depend on every single, she has more of a casual commercial following, and her slayage on YouTube shows that, so there's nothing to worry there. Gaga on the other hand hottie1

1 minute ago, Earth Ripper said:

Like I literally said, to you even, because it's too early still rih3

Sure, then I'll be happy to see the CTTR to PI comparisons too lol1

Again, I don't care how hard someone is flopping compared to the other, both are underperforming, the end mad5 I get that Monsters want to save their pride by underscoring how much more badly Katy('s latest single) is doing (while she's still slaying Gaga overall but anyway) but that's just not interesting to me because CTTR showed Katy can still have a very successful single in this climate rih10 Her success does not depend on every single, she has more of a casual commercial following, and her slayage on YouTube shows that, so there's nothing to worry there. Gaga on the other hand hottie1

lol k? it's literally not too early, ba debuted #76 and fell off 2nd week, sales are abysmal and streaming wont save it. it's a huge flop by katy's standards and gaga's standards both, her biggest flop to date. it is a far bigger flop than both MR and TC, and frankly that's not even debatable so unless you want to quote me with receipts on why MR and TC are flopping just as hard as BA is, then dont quote me at all. and i dont give a shit about PI vs CTTR, CTTR was bigger i know that.

1 minute ago, Merryem said:

lol k? it's literally not too early, ba debuted #76 and fell off 2nd week, sales are abysmal and streaming wont save it. it's a huge flop by katy's standards and gaga's standards both, her biggest flop to date. it is a far bigger flop than both MR and TC, and frankly that's not even debatable so unless you want to quote me with receipts on why MR and TC are flopping just as hard as BA is, then dont quote me at all. and i dont give a shit about PI vs CTTR, CTTR was bigger i know that.

But I already said it's flopping harder.. why does it take so long for you to get that I've long admitted those things omg how boring um2 But like I said earlier: "I just think it's laughable for any LM to take pride in that when their fav is still outdone by that flopping bitch in total"  oprah13

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Discounts upon discounts upon discounts on itunes Superbowl Victoria's secret Grammys The GP probably think MR is Joanne's debut single and are unaware of PI and the other single l

Ironically enough your answer is in the video : they watched the SB and it was that one random song they didn't know 

BIM has 240m views, how much does Gaga have?  or lets see people born in 2025 knowing the lyrics to Gaga's biggest hits 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.