Hermione

Weeknd producer Mano: "Katy Perry referred to me as 'n*gga'"

nnn i always felt like she was such a fake vile person behind the scenes, the joke she made about obama and now this. laughcry1 

Also that time she was accused of bullying an aspiring singer. rip4 

Her parents are Trump supporters so we see where she got her education from. shrug1

Honestly, I don't care. moo3 

Sure, it is a bad thing she said that, but she isn't a racist. jj3 Probably there are many white people who act that way and do that "cool" talk. Act like black people, use  slangs, use N word... jj3 

Anyway, I think it is bad even when black people use N word for each other. jj3 

This half-dead cunt is the real racist. There's evidence that she used the N word, however 0 evidence of Katy saying it, just an irrelevant ugly producer looking to get relevant... NO proof :D 

article-2541662-1ACA461400000578-266_634

As someone who used to formally stan her, I am honestly so disappointed. I know it's become 'trendy' to hate on Katy this era but to be honest - if you'll pardon the pun - this is her just desserts. It's quite clear that because of her upbringing she's incredibly ignorant, but regardless if this is part of her humour or not, it's not funny. How she is acting is honestly inexcusable and she needs to stop throwing her toys out the pram. Your single flopped. Boo-fucking hoo.

It's such a shame because I used to have a lot of respect for her which has been dwindling rapidly as of recent and now we've come to this. I've actually loved her music this era too but she's a growing contradiction and I don't think I can support someone who utters crap like this. I gave her the benefit of the doubt for a lot of things she has been criticised for but now I'm not so sure in my judgements.

Hopefully this backlash will make her realise, reflect and she will take after her own words by letting the light in because she's about to eat her words. Bon Appétit I guess!

trash1 

I love to hate on Katy but I can tell she's the sweetest woman in the world and genuinely cares about doing good. It's so easy for bad press to ruin someone's perception, but if one thing I know, she's definitely not racist. She probably just got too comfortable with the word and if you say it around the wrong people it can be messy rip2 

It's a shame because media is really gunning to take her, but it's like universal karma for all the unnecessary hate Gaga got from her stans. In all cases, learn to be HUMBLE. Your fave will have her messy moment one day and hyenas will be there to eat her alive.

9 hours ago, VoiceOfTheQueen said:

I'm so glad you brought up faggot as an example.  Here in Venezuela in the last 15 years or so, the spanish version and variants of "faggot" (marico, marica, maricon) literally became our "bro". If you want literally search in twitter "Mrko" or "Mrk". Wanna see how many venezuelan gays here are offended at this?

hello me, a gay Venezuelan! and tbh it really depends on the context, it's a word i personally really really dislike in general so it's sad that it's become such a regular word for the society here rip4 i still do see people using the word as a derogatory term and it's really fucking annoying, so yes, in that context it's actually offensive to me!

49 minutes ago, Infrared said:

I love to hate on Katy but I can tell she's the sweetest woman in the world and genuinely cares about doing good. It's so easy for bad press to ruin someone's perception, but if one thing I know, she's definitely not racist. She probably just got too comfortable with the word and if you say it around the wrong people it can be messy rip2 

It's a shame because media is really gunning to take her, but it's like universal karma for all the unnecessary hate Gaga got from her stans. In all cases, learn to be HUMBLE. Your fave will have her messy moment one day and hyenas will be there to eat her alive.

i totally agree . if you know how Katy's bubbly and goofy personality is , you will understand that her intentions weren't racist . oprah11 and as an African american katycat i am not offended by this at all lotus1

11 hours ago, VoiceOfTheQueen said:

"IT'S RACIST BECAUSE IT'S RACIST" is already a bad start but i'm going to let it slide.

I'm so glad you brought up faggot as an example.  Here in Venezuela in the last 15 years or so, the spanish version and variants of "faggot" (marico, marica, maricon) literally became our "bro". If you want literally search in twitter "Mrko" or "Mrk". Wanna see how many venezuelan gays here are offended at this?

Empty%20Room.jpg

When do gay people get offended at being called or at someone else being called a faggot? When it's used as an insult, as it should be.

I'm neither racist nor i'm ignorant about the context on the N word or the struggle black people had in USA. But simply put changing the meaning of one word yet banning everyone who doesn't fit "your group" is stupid, it's bound to eventually fail one way or the other and only empowers the INSULT part of the word.

Now i got that out, if Katy kept saying the word despite he said he felt unconfortable with it and without even trying bother to explain why, she is kinda an asshole.

And you should re-read my post. There were black slaves ALL around the world who got treated like shit as well but if someone who despite being just as dark skinned, doesnt fit the american notion of what "black" means (such as dark skinned latinos) they still thrown the "racist" tag despite that THEIR ancestors got just as much shit.

Please don't generalize how we feel about anyone calling us this word.  I personally hate this word and I don;t care if you use it endearingly or not, I will call you out for using it around me and have in the past.  End of story.  

Sad to see Katy using this word so carelessly, I still don't think she meant harm, but its clear she is ignorant.  It's also clear she is trying ti educate herself.  The media is brutal to female pop stars honestly.  The headlines about Taylor are finally just getting netter, and she had to completely dissapear since Thanksgiving to make that happen.  Even still, she is now known as a "snake."  What she did was pretty horrible so I get it, but part of it was also just the media firestorm created last summer.  Looks like Katy might be getting hers.  I hope she can come back form it tbh.  

15 hours ago, Hermione said:

Call me out for capitalizing on this sis laughcry1 I wanted a hit thread and I got one! wendy1

I personally wouldn't stan for anyone who said this, but as long as no excuses are made then you do you.

Then don't stan for anyone who said that. If you're ready to not like someone based on a mistake, then you do you! mad1

Katy is not a racist, and at the end of the day, it's the producers word against hers. I have never heard her calling anyone nigga prior to this, and she's been in the limelight long enough to have been exposed for something like this years ago. Maybe she does use the word, but her company didn't see it as a problem! Until this person did. If she does say it, I'm happy that someone explained to her that not everybody is comfortable with it. 

2 minutes ago, Kuba said:

Then don't stan for anyone who said that. If you're ready to not like someone based on a mistake, then you do you! mad1

Katy is not a racist, and at the end of the day, it's the producers word against hers. I have never heard her calling anyone nigga prior to this, and she's been in the limelight long enough to have been exposed for something like this years ago. Maybe she does use the word, but her company didn't see it as a problem! Until this person did. If she does say it, I'm happy that someone explained to her that not everybody is comfortable with it. 

How is saying the n-word a "mistake" though? ...

I've known it was wrong to say in all contexts my whole life, as does every American who doesn't live under a rock. I had a very similar upbringing to Katy too, so it's not like she can use not knowing any better as an excuse. There's no rhyme or reason to say it, especially as a grown woman in her 30s and certainly not as a mistake. This is far from the first incident in which she has displayed racial insensitivity, so even if she's not a racist she's still extremely ignorant.

That's all I really have left to say on the matter, so I guess we can just agree to disagree and move on.

Just now, Hermione said:

How is saying the n-word a "mistake" though? ...

I've known it was wrong to say in all contexts my whole life, as does every American who doesn't live under a rock. I had a very similar upbringing to Katy too, so it's not like she can use not knowing any better as an excuse. There's no rhyme or reason to say it, especially as a grown woman in her 30s and certainly not as a mistake. This is far from the first incident in which she has displayed racial insensitivity, so even if she's not a racist she's still extremely ignorant.

That's all I really have left to say on the matter, so I guess we can just agree to disagree and move on.

It's lovely that you've always known that the word has negative connotations, but to assume EVERYONE else does too is silly. I didn't know what the word meant years ago and I used it, am I a racist because of it? 

Oftentimes black people that frequently use the word don't mind their white friends joining. I'm not saying that that's always the case, but it does happen. If the allegations are true, Katy got too comfortable with the word and assumed every other person would be okay with her use of it. Fortunately, someone told her that it is not okay to assume so. Katy is often ignorant, I do agree, but she is not a racist. 

8 hours ago, Nocturn said:

Anyway, I think it is bad even when black people use N word for each other. jj3

I agree so much. It feels really self-degrading when they use it 

Not trying to justify or defend her actions but daily reminder that Justin Bieber used NIGGER and KKK in the same fucking sentenece making an extremely offensive joke and that did nothing to his image

On 2017-5-1 at 1:57 PM, Spencer Pratt said:

This half-dead cunt is the real racist. There's evidence that she used the N word, however 0 evidence of Katy saying it, just an irrelevant ugly producer looking to get relevant... NO proof :D 

Ikr, why do all of these people just assume because this person claims it happened that it's true? oprah5brit4 It's super cringe if it is but even stans just writing Katy off because someone said it happened without any other proof? dead4 

On 4/30/2017 at 11:56 PM, Breathless Mahoney said:

Yes, the term "nigga" can be used in such a way that you don't intend racism to the person you're directing the term at, but either way the person she directed it at in this case was offended and, well...if somebody goes around freely calling any black stranger that they meet a nigga, good luck not getting your ass kicked sooner or later...The "modern" meaning of nigga might not necessarily be negative, but it is still derived from an extremely racist term with a horrible history behind it.

i understand, i was mainly referring to everyone else whos making it an issue not the guy personally offended.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i'm just saying  you see white girls, boys, mexicans, arabs etc. everyone saying it now and people usually don't care. Its not like she called him a ngger, it's all about the context and how you use i

Black "afroamericans" get offended over the most ridiculous, idiotic things

everyone says it these days though, it's not that big of a deal

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.