Entea

Demi Lovato teams up with Kate Hudson's Fabletics line to support Girl Up

Demi-Lovato-Fabletics-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

This May, Grammy-nominated singer Demi Lovato is teaming up with Fabletics -- Kate Hudson’s sportswear line -- to support the United Nation’s initiative Girl Up. Proceeds from the collection directly benefit SchoolCycle, which works in partnership with UNFPA to give girls bicycles, spare parts and maintenance training to provide a quick and safe mode of transport to school.

Hudson shared that, when the pair first met, she was impressed by Lovato’s intelligence, accomplishments, and confidence, adding that "she naturally came to mind as I was thinking about creating our first collaboration.” “Demi embodies so many elements of the Fabletics brand in such a unique way; she’s a definitive voice for female empowerment and body positivity – especially for the younger generation – which is something we believe in very strongly at Fabletics,” said Hudson in a statement.

For Lovato, the collaboration is a natural progression to blend her noted love of fashion with her passion for music and championing female empowerment. “When I was approached by Kate to do a collaboration for Fabletics, I couldn’t have been more excited. I am thrilled to lend my voice to such a powerful brand and organization, both of which represent many of the values I stand for -- particularly the importance of empowering girls," Lovato said. "Being involved in the creative design process while being able to have a daily impact on young girls’ lives around the world is so rewarding to me, making this initiative very dear to my heart."

The Demi Lovato for Fabletics collection will launch mid-May with an array of leggings and tops, followed up by a full performance line of tops, jackets, exercise bras and leggings which are set to release in August online and in-stores nationwide.

Source: Billboard