Simón.

Biebers "Despacito" hits #1 in UK + replacing himself at the top of the charts

"After only a few weeks of bolting up the singles ranking across the pond, global super smash “Despacito” has reached the No. 1 slot. The song is the first No. 1 in the U.K. for both Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee, but the same can’t be said for Justin Bieber. “Despacito” is his sixth British chart-topper, and his second this year.

While the news that “Despacito” has finally hit No. 1 is especially huge for both Fonsi and Daddy Yankee, it’s also massive for Bieber, even though he’s been in this position before. In fact, Bieber has just replaced himself at the top of the U.K. singles tally, as he debuted in the peak spot last frame with DJ Khaled’s “I’m The One.” That track, which also features Lil Wayne, Chance The Rapper and Migos rapper Quavo, also began at the pinnacle of the Hot 100 this week."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2017/05/12/luis-fonsi-daddy-yankee-justin-bieber-hit-no-1-in-the-u-k-with-despacito/#3ac4ead4731a

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

there must be a lot of preteen girls in the area xtina2

oh him hitting #1 in almost every country is just preteen girls buying his songs xtina2 still using that lame ass excuse? xtina2 

stay stuck in 2010, it's 2017 and Bieber is here to stay xtina2 

I'm so proud that my Brits have taste and gave the generic pop music a rest for a bit, well deserved #1. Just wished Daddy Yankee's Gasolina had just as much success, back in 2005, as Despacito but it only reached #5 jj2

6 hours ago, Entea said:

I'm so proud that my Brits have taste and gave the generic pop music a rest for a bit, well deserved #1. Just wished Daddy Yankee's Gasolina had just as much success, back in 2005, as Despacito but it only reached #5 jj2

Gasolina was VERY big here. :D (I'm from the Netherlands)

Did it chart in your country? jj2

I'd have to look it up. I mean, it's such a long time ago and I wasn't busy with charts back then at all. tehe1 I just remember it being on TV a LOT