QUINN

Katy to join Nova's "Red Room Global Tour" for a one-off show on June 5!

FQp0LVVh.jpg

The Red Room format sees musicians performing to a deliberately small group of fans, most of whom are Nova competition winners.

This year’s tour, which will run across 12 days in the US and Sydney, will include performances by The Chainsmokers, Miley Cyrus, Peking Duk, Katy Perry and Calvin Harris.

Tony Thomas, Nova Entertainment’s chief marketing and digital offer, told Mumbrella: “With Nova following its audience to new territories as a multi-platform brand, it was important for us and for our audience to explore this live, experiential space

“We hoped Nova’s Red Room would resonate with our audience and from the very first Nova Red Room we realised that connection, and we’ve had great feedback from artists who love this intimate connections with their fans.

Since its launch in 2012, Nova has held over 140 Red Room performances, and in 2014, decided to take the experience overseas.

“Nothing of this scale had ever been attempted,” Thomas said of the tour.

Brands involved include Mazda, Qantas and The Star.

He added events were important as they “extend the listening experience” beyond traditional broadcasting.

“Each tour is unique as it is tailored around the artists that are performing, the individual venues selected for each performance, the international destinations and the experiences in each city,” he added.

“Nova’s Red Rooms are invitation only events in which every listener is treated as a VIP guest and not only are they a premium music experience, they allows our artists to connect in a more intimate ways with their fans than they would normally could,”

This year’s contesting will commence on 15 May through Nova’s local breakfast shows.

Kent ‘Smallzy’ Small will lead a tour party of 50, including partners, media and Nova’s content producers, who will travel between Sydney and LA with Qantas.

He will also broadcast a show from each international destination.

The tour will commence on June 5.

More info

Very interesting! I wonder what this means for an album release date though? I mean surely she could do this after it's out to support it and bring the experience to an intimate setting for strong fans. It's a really great tour idea either way.

15 minutes ago, Liz Lemon said:

Very interesting! I wonder what this means for an album release date though? I mean surely she could do this after it's out to support it and bring the experience to an intimate setting for strong fans. It's a really great tour idea either way.

It's only a one-time show, and it's like a week after the little show she's doing in London, so it could be part of a set of small shows she's trying to do to promote the new tunes.

8 minutes ago, QUINN said:

It's only a one-time show, and it's like a week after the little show she's doing in London, so it could be part of a set of small shows she's trying to do to promote the new tunes.

I agree. It would be odd to consider this promo FOR the album since it will be such an exclusive little tour. Ugh I wish I could go!

7 minutes ago, Liz Lemon said:

I agree. It would be odd to consider this promo FOR the album since it will be such an exclusive little tour. Ugh I wish I could go!

SAME. It's a contest being run through an Aussie radio station so I feel like it's near impossible to get in cry9