VoiceOfTheQueen

If the Lady Marmalade cover and Moulin Rogue we're to be released this year

I've been listening Lady Marmalade too much recently jj2

Anyway, let's pretend the whole movie thing didn't happen in 2001 but rather is going to be released this year. The whole idea about Lady Marmalade cover is the same (3 singers, a rapper, the whole cabaret styles thing) but (being 2017) the artists would be different ofc. Who would be the singers?

My guesses are:

Tinashe for the Mya part (floppish dark skinned artist who got lucky)

Lady Gaga for the Pink part (out of better options for the "badass white chick" part tbh, besides she's still desperate for promo so she'd do it)

Nicki Minaj for the Lil'Kim part (Lil'Kim having done the original is the reason Nicki wouldn't happen if someone wanted to do a re-recording)

Ariana Grande for the Xtina part (pint-sized vocal powerhouse. She'd have to gain weight for the video though)

Posting this on BG in case it doesn't utterly flop and things get ugly jj5

I lowkey wanna hear what that'd sound like rip2 even though the original would remain superior. Myá is also an underrated queen, her 2016 album was one of my faves of the year. Nightride didn't exactly live up to it

58 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Sis the reason there isn't another Lady Marmalade is not bc no one can do the Xtina part fall5

Right a 4 octave-real-singer (like her) maybe will be able to pull Christina's part

Edited by Xavi
I didn't show the respect Xtinas deserve
1 minute ago, Freaky Prince said:

They can change some things here and there to make it easier for singing, you know

mmmm no, I don't think so, the high notes at the end are part of this song's charm (the successful versions of this song, were sung by real singers with awesome voices not wannabe jazz singers) easy comes easy goes.

6 minutes ago, Xavi said:

mmmm no, I don't think so, the high notes at the end are part of this song's charm (the successful versions of this song, were sung by real singers with awesome voices not wannabe jazz singers) easy comes easy goes.

Well, that's a clock.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, VoiceOfTheQueen said:

I've been listening Lady Marmalade too much recently jj2

Anyway, let's pretend the whole movie thing didn't happen in 2001 but rather is going to be released this year. The whole idea about Lady Marmalade cover is the same (3 singers, a rapper, the whole cabaret styles thing) but (being 2017) the artists would be different ofc. Who would be the singers?

My guesses are:

Tinashe for the Mya part (floppish dark skinned artist who got lucky)

Lady Gaga for the Pink part (out of better options for the "badass white chick" part tbh, besides she's still desperate for promo so she'd do it)

Nicki Minaj for the Lil'Kim part (Lil'Kim having done the original is the reason Nicki wouldn't happen if someone wanted to do a re-recording)

Ariana Grande for the Xtina part (pint-sized vocal powerhouse. She'd have to gain weight for the video though)

Posting this on BG in case it doesn't utterly flop and things get ugly jj5

Well okay but why would Ari have to gain weight for Xtina's part? Xtina was TINYYY back then jj3

Anyway,

I don't want a new version of this song to ever happen and I'll take personal offense if it ever does jj3 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one can do X's part like she did 

mmmm no, I don't think so, the high notes at the end are part of this song's charm (the successful versions of this song, were sung by real singers with awesome voices not wannabe jazz singers) easy c

Gaga, Katy, Rihanna and Brooke Candy 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.