Holiest Dreams

There will be at least 3 country songs on TS6

The latest bit of information comes from an unnamed source speaking to Broadway of Country 92.5 in Connecticut. Claiming to be a sound engineer in Nashville, the unnamed source says“Yeah, I definitely see a lot of music come through, and she has been in the studio, and she has, I want to say it’s at least three [songs]. She’s kind of poppy, you know? And these songs definitely have a lot more country music vibe to them.”

“So you’re saying you’ve heard some of the new stuff, you’ve been in the studio with her while she’s recording, and you’re saying that some of her newer stuff is leaning back into the country direction?” Broadway presses.

“The final mix … nothing has been finalized. But as far as her lyrics, her guitar playing … I mean she knows how to mix stuff up, but I would definitely say this has got a real real country vibe to ’em.”

x

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I hope this isn't true tbh. I want her to stay pop for the next record and maybe infuse some other genres like alt-rock or disco, house music, etc. into her music - just not country.

MTE.

I mean I wouldn't mind one country track, but not 3 or more.

I'm kind of hoping this isn't true.  I actually appreciate that 1989 was sonically cohesive.  I really want another legendary pop album.

With the way pop music is flopping right now though, going back to her roots could be smart, and if this album is like Red 2.0 then I'm happy. interesting1

2 hours ago, RandomosiTAY said:

I'm kind of hoping this isn't true.  I actually appreciate that 1989 was sonically cohesive.  I really want another legendary pop album.

With the way pop music is flopping right now though, going back to her roots could be smart, and if this album is like Red 2.0 then I'm happy. interesting1

The country songs wouldn't be that bad imo, she made great country music, but I'm afraid that means her imagine will be more stripped down again. I really like the modern, pop girl Taylor and all the extravagant videos and performances and the huge tour, etc. 

Also, she sounds way better on 1989 without a country accent imo. If this is true I really hope she leaves the accent out.