Gilly

Do you prefer when Gaga performs with a live band or studio instrumental?

Which do you prefer?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• I prefer Gaga performing with a live band.
    • I prefer when Gaga performs over the HQ studio instrumental. She can delete fat the live band.

alright, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I honestly kinda get annoyed when Gaga performs with a live band eve1 the reason being that a lot of her production is heavy on the electronic side, so I feel like the live band cant recreate the same experience.

which do you prefer? live band or studio production? or does it depend on the song? vote in da poll and discuss xtina2

here are some examples of her performing over the studio instrumental vs performing them with a LIVE band:

vs performing them with a live band

I prefer when she performs over the studio instrumental. There's a couple cases where I prefer it the other way around but not tons. 

Like how you mentioned the electronic bit, that's how I feel too. I feel like all her songs get a more "rock"-like treatment when she does them live cause she uses the live band and I miss the more electronic side. 

4 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

I prefer when she performs over the studio instrumental. There's a couple cases where I prefer it the other way around but not tons. 

Like how you mentioned the electronic bit, that's how I feel too. I feel like all her songs get a more "rock"-like treatment when she does them live cause she uses the live band and I miss the more electronic side. 

omfg yes!!!!! eve1

ugh i wish she wouldve used the studio instrumental at the superbowl, especially for Bad Romance. The instrumental can't be re-created by a live band, imo alex1 i wanted to hear them HEAVY beats BLAST and BURN the scalps of every person in that stadium alex1 

Well, the thing is, and not just for Gaga but for most musicians, the music they record isn't design to sound good on large venues, or give a strong vibe during a concert, they are designed for people to listen at home, or on the go on their personal devices. That's why artists usually re-arrange their songs for live shows, to make them "shine more" during those specific events. 

I understand what you mean, and I understand you might not like it, but for me, I appreciate it a lot, unless the song changes way too much - particularly on the vocals. I also recognize it can become quite a hit or miss situation. 

live band by far. her vocals shine more and every performance with a live band with her sounds 10x more epic than instrumental. when she performed artpop on jimmy fallon, the live band backing her singlehandedly made me like the song.

Honestly, I think depends on the song, some of them really work well live

with a more rockish sound like you said. On the other side, I also prefer her

electronic influences and vibes, which is a big part of why I stan her so much, so I'm gonna go with

performing over studio instrumental.

I'm half half because sometimes she sounds better with the studio and sometimes not, like I low-key was annoyed when she started doing MJH and PN at artRAVE with more live instrumentation because the electronic elements and the power were the best part in the songs so I was disappointed. However, a lot of the time live band is the way to go.

Paparazzi, Boys Boys Boys & Born This Way for example are amazing with a band.

The real question is will she have live backing singers again this tour, because they helped at The Monster Ball a lot and at the Super Bowl too