El Goot

What do you think of 'Swish Swish'?

It's my favorite from Witness so far tbh. The beat is really catchy and Nicki's part is great.

I do think the transitions are a bit messy though, which is what I thought with Bon Appetit as well. moo1 Still though, a very solid bop!

I do think it's a little hypocritical of her to say she wasn't going to make a specific Bad Blood response track in that interview a couple days ago and then produce what is essentially a thinly veiled diss track. I understand from a marketing perspective why this is a good idea, but it doesn't sit right with me that she'd say one thing and do almost exactly the opposite? Here's the quote for those who don't recall:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: There are rumors that “Bad Blood” is about you. Does this album have a reaction to “Bad Blood”?

KATY PERRY: Well that’s not my question to answer — if it’s about me. I think [my new album is] a very empowered record. There is no one thing that’s calling out any one person.

One thing to note is: You can’t mistake kindness for weakness and don’t come for me. Anyone. Anyone. Anyone. Anyone. And that’s not to any one person and don’t quote me that it is, because it’s not. It’s not about that. Honestly, when women come together and they decide to unite, this world is going to be a better place. Period end of story. But, let me say this: Everything has a reaction or a consequence so don’t forget about that, okay, honey. [Laughs] We got to keep it real, honey. This record is not about anyone else! This record is about me being seen and heard so that I can see and hear everyone else! It’s not even about me! It’s about everything that I see out there that I digest. I think there’s a healing in it for me and vulnerability. If people want to connect and be healed and feel vulnerable and feel empowered and strong, God bless and here it is.

Anyway, the song itself is fine. She has better and she has worse.

The beat is the best part, but a lot of parts are very messy to the point where it ruins the song. As for Nicki's part, it's made me realize that Nicki literally writes the same shit for every collab, and doesn't even bother to change the melody. 

Overall it's catchy but it's got a lot of cringe moments that'll push me away from further listens, and I could honestly do without Nicki's verse. 

Just now, RuPaul said:

OMG YOU KNOW BELEGEND? cry8

Ganando Como Siempre is my daily phrase bey1

I'm waiting for her collab with Asian Jesus (aka Steve Aoki)... but what if it's a Sapito Remix ari1

1 minute ago, El Goot said:

Ganando Como Siempre is my daily phrase bey1

I'm waiting for her collab with Asian Jesus (aka Steve Aoki)... but what if it's a Sapito Remix ari1

Words to live for tbh! wendy1 

NNNNN, the song is a bop. At least that's what it seems in the 10 sec preview on her Instagram! She also sang the chorus on an interview on the Baywatch premier but you can't understand it that much cuz of people yelling afafas 

By far the best so far off of witness, the instrumental is infectious and the beat is catchy. Katy's vocals are also actually sassy, not the kind of sassy her stans say it is on Mal Appétit. The lyrics were eh on me at first, but after a few listens, they actually give me kiis so it's a really solid track and I hope Witness follows suit bey5 

27 minutes ago, Americunt said:

I do think it's a little hypocritical of her to say she wasn't going to make a specific Bad Blood response track in that interview a couple days ago and then produce what is essentially a thinly veiled diss track. I understand from a marketing perspective why this is a good idea, but it doesn't sit right with me that she'd say one thing and do almost exactly the opposite? Here's the quote for those who don't recall:

This era is just her fishing for relevancy. I admired the woke imagery, but it seems she's just selling out (first with the lil yachty remix, then a migos track, and now this) 

and is out of touch with the generation. It literally feels like she's making music until something sticks.

Everything feels a bit too calculated, but unlike Lemonade and 1989, the material doesn't hold up dead4 

30 minutes ago, Americunt said:

That was my first thought as well oprah12 

6 minutes ago, Infrared said:

This era is just her fishing for relevancy. I admired the woke imagery, but it seems she's just selling out (first with the lil yachty remix, then a migos track, and now this) 

and is out of touch with the generation. It literally feels like she's making music until something sticks.

Everything feels a bit too calculated, but unlike Lemonade and 1989, the material doesn't hold up dead4 

Yeah, that does seem to be what's going on. On some level, I expect it's a result of A&Rs in her ear telling her what's selling well and pushing her in that direction, but it's possible to do that without compromising your own ideals, which she doesn't seem to have done. First it was the collaboration with homophobic rappers and now it's reneging on not dissing Taylor. Hopefully that's the end of it, but the controversy does seem to be mounting somewhat. She's handled the backlash okay so far, but the negative sentiments aren't terribly strong yet. If it gets worse, she definitely has the potential to make herself look really bad.

. If it gets worse, she definitely has the potential to make herself look really bad.

What will the controversy stem from to make her look bad ??! I hope you're not referring to her dissing Taylor because that wouldn't get Katy any backlash
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wig is gone, it went in the basket

I do think it's a little hypocritical of her to say she wasn't going to make a specific Bad Blood response track in that interview a couple days ago and then produce what is essentially a thinly veile

This era is just her fishing for relevancy. I admired the woke imagery, but it seems she's just selling out (first with the lil yachty remix, then a migos track, and now this)  and is out of touc

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.