WarrenThanksYouAll

Birthday is more remembered than Bad Romance, why?

Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

Does spoify streams and youtube views have anything to do with longevity?  Who will last longer?  

For the songs, yeah aretha1

Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

Tbh Katy is totally flopping now. Just like Gaga began to flop during ARTPOP.  They all become less relevant. 

Both are flopping, but the difference is that Katy's past material is still slaying while Gaga's not. aretha1

4 minutes ago, Melt Away said:

I guess Mariah is more remembered than Madonna then!

Again : Madonna's videos were unblocked WW last week anna1 Do you know what that means? That means hundreds of millions of people had no access to watch Madonna's videos on YouTube for nearly a decade (Incl. me). So in that case, Spotify is the better indicator and overall Madonna beats her there bey6

2 hours ago, Kristina said:

By that logic I'm sure they're both more remembered than any Madonna song carla1

fall8 

2 hours ago, Sylk said:

Gangnam Style gets like 1M views per day, literally ANYONE can watch a youtube video, it means nothing. 

fall8 

1 hour ago, VoiceOfTheQueen said:

I like insulting Gaga and all, but this thread feels Infrared-cheap

You literally are so obsessed with me, absolutely pathetic lmfao2  I've literally never talked to you for you to even personally attack me like that. 

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

A flop vs. Gaga' signature song, how brag worthy rih2 

What about Dark Horse, Roar, Firework etc rih2 How many 100m + songs does Gaga have in comparison to Katy? rih2

So there you go, Katy wins on both YouTube & Spotify rih2

not surprised you always try this bait and switch shit fall8 

How the mighty have fallen 

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Again : Madonna's videos were unblocked WW last week anna1 Do you know what that means? That means hundreds of millions of people had no access to watch Madonna's videos on YouTube for nearly a decade (Incl. me). So in that case, Spotify is the better indicator and overall Madonna beats her there bey6

How does Madonna beat her in Spotify? anna1 Mariah has 6.3M monthly listeners and is 245th in the world, while Madonna has 5.4M monthly listeners and is 306th. Also their top three most streams: Madonna - 44M (LAP), 38M (BIM, a streaming era song too), 36M (4min) while Mariah - 62M (WBT), 57M (AMBM) and two tied 34M (Hero and Fantasy) songs! And that's excluding Christmas, which has almost 200M streams the last time I checked. But we're not even including that! ny6 

37 minutes ago, Jjang said:

So what do YouTube views mean, in your opinion? Esp. for older songs brit12

They don't mean shit (for older songs)! Daily YouTube views do not reflect whether or not the GP remembers a song. Bad Romance is also older, so logically it will have lower video views clap1

12 minutes ago, Melt Away said:

How does Madonna beat her in Spotify? anna1 Mariah has 6.3M monthly listeners and is 245th in the world, while Madonna has 5.4M monthly listeners and is 306th. Also their top three most streams: Madonna - 44M, 36M, 31M while Mariah - 62M, 57M and two 34M songs! And that's excluding Christmas, which has almost 200M streams the last time I checked. But we're not even including that! ny6 

Im on Phone so ill write a short reply

- Madonna has more followers 

- Mariah currently is getting more monthly followers 'cause she had a new release in 2017, on a regular month Madonna beats her, the receipts are out there. 

- Madonna's total songs' streams are not automatically merged like all other artists' because her tags are messed up.

67,1m Like a Prayer 
47,4m 4 Minutes 
44m Like a Virgin 
42,0m Material Girl 
39,1m Vogue 
38,1m Bitch I'm Madonna 
34,1m Hung Up 
34m La Isla Bonita 
26,9m Girl Gone Wild 
25,6m Give Me All Your Luvin' 
22,8m Celebration 
21,2m Revolver 
20,9m Living for Love 
20,4m Holiday 
19,1m Frozen 
19,0m Into the Groove 
18,2m Ghosttown 
17,9m Papa Don't Preach 
16,3m Music 
13,0m Ray of Light 
11,5m Express Yourself 
11,4m Sorry 
10,9m Die Another Day 
10,8m Crazy for You 

10,4mOpen Your Heart (+0.1m)
10,0m Borderline (+0.1m)
-----------------------------
8,5m Lucky Star
8,1m Give It 2 Me
8,0m Take a Bow
7,8m Live to Tell

62m We Belong Together
55.6m Always Be My Baby
54.6m #Beautiful
45.1m Fantasy
36.8m Hero
29.5m Without You
26.2m One Sweet Day
26.1m Heartbreaker
24.2m Touch My Body
24.1m Obsessed
15.6m Emotions
15.5m My All
14.3m Shake it Off
13.8m Honey
13.8m Against All Odds
13.2m Dreamlover
11.9m Vision of Love
11.9m You're Mine
10.1m It's Like That

On top of that Madona's essential hits are a decade older than Mariah's, their case is not even remotely similar to Katy's / Gaga's. 

A flop vs. Gaga' signature song, how brag worthy rih2 
What about Dark Horse, Roar, Firework etc rih2 How many 100m + songs does Gaga have in comparison to Katy? rih2
So there you go, Katy wins on both YouTube & Spotify rih2

Bitch the topic is Birthday being bigger than Bad Romance dead2

U compared youtube views and they compared streaming. Dont bring up any other song to come to ur defense [emoji88]

No way! I'm not a Gaga stan, in fact I like more Katy songs than Gaga's, but saying tha Birthday is more relevant and remembered than Bad Romance is totally delusional.

Let's be completely honest here, if you play BR and Birthday for someone of the GP, what song do you think they'll remember?

I mean, if I play Birthday to my mother she wouldn't even know who the singer is.

Not to mention you listen more to BR in the clubs than Birthday, you can't deny the song had way more impact in the industry

44 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Im on Phone so ill write a short reply

- Madonna has more followers 

- Mariah currently is getting more monthly followers 'cause she had a new release in 2017, on a regular month Madonna beats her, the receipts are out there. 

- Madonna's total songs' streams are not automatically merged like all other artists' because her tags are messed up.

67,1m Like a Prayer 
47,4m 4 Minutes 
44m Like a Virgin 
42,0m Material Girl 
39,1m Vogue 
38,1m Bitch I'm Madonna 
34,1m Hung Up 
34m La Isla Bonita 
26,9m Girl Gone Wild 
25,6m Give Me All Your Luvin' 
22,8m Celebration 
21,2m Revolver 
20,9m Living for Love 
20,4m Holiday 
19,1m Frozen 
19,0m Into the Groove 
18,2m Ghosttown 
17,9m Papa Don't Preach 
16,3m Music 
13,0m Ray of Light 
11,5m Express Yourself 
11,4m Sorry 
10,9m Die Another Day 
10,8m Crazy for You 

10,4mOpen Your Heart (+0.1m)
10,0m Borderline (+0.1m)
-----------------------------
8,5m Lucky Star
8,1m Give It 2 Me
8,0m Take a Bow
7,8m Live to Tell

62m We Belong Together
55.6m Always Be My Baby
54.6m #Beautiful
45.1m Fantasy
36.8m Hero
29.5m Without You
26.2m One Sweet Day
26.1m Heartbreaker
24.2m Touch My Body
24.1m Obsessed
15.6m Emotions
15.5m My All
14.3m Shake it Off
13.8m Honey
13.8m Against All Odds
13.2m Dreamlover
11.9m Vision of Love
11.9m You're Mine
10.1m It's Like That

On top of that Madona's essential hits are a decade older than Mariah's, their case is not even remotely similar to Katy's / Gaga's. 

Okay I'm gonna assume you're right cuz I'm too lazy to verify your receipts mad1  (although I doubt that I Don't does anything for Mariah's stats... it's literally irrelevant, it only has 5m streams)

Christmas has more streams therefore Mariah is more remembered than Madonna! ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6 

Madonna is a forgotten fossil! T rex outsold!!!! ny6ny6ny6ny6ny6 

Katy definitely buys Youtube views or her label makes it sure that her videos pop up on all possible suggested/autoplay lists.

How come her signature songs like I Kissed A Girl and California Gurls have horrible views, yet a flop like Birthday is a streaming smash?

Teenage Dream - 77,585

I Kissed A Girl - 74,197

California Gurls - 84,451

Something seems fishy. Her label is also desperate to get a certification for every single record sold/streamed in all music markets. They also overship her albums to death.

For example, Prism peaked at #34 in Poland and spent only 5 weeks on the chart, yet it was certified 2XPlatinum there (40,000 copies).

Philippines: 60,000 (4xPlatinum), yet nowhere to be found on the official site that certifies albums there - http://pari.com.ph/awardsgoldplatinum.html

Her label is manipulative and inflates her success like no other.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By that logic I'm sure they're both more remembered than any Madonna song 

Gangnam Style gets like 1M views per day, literally ANYONE can watch a youtube video, it means nothing. 

Birthday : 86 168 907 listens Bad Romance : 155 881 846 listens Slay ig! 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.