jdpm1991

Why wasn't Katy vocally on "Get On Your Knees"?

It's clear Katy Perry was vocally supposed to be on "Get On Your Knees" and that this was supposed to be a single, but someone said that they removed Katy from it at the last minute and chose Ari. Why? Were they hoping to duplicate Bang Bang's success?

10 minutes ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

Sorry but what is Get on Your Knees?

A song by Nicki on The Pinkprint that features Ariana.

To answer the question in the OP, I think this song had the same fate as Black Widow did.

A song very similar to DH that wasn't finished in time for Prism, so Katy gave it to Nicki the same way she gave Black Widow to Iggy.

Katy was supposed to be singing on Black Widow, but due to scheduling conflict couldn't record her part.

I'm guessing something similar happened with Get On Your Knees as well, so Nicki just got Ari instead.

41 minutes ago, Justas said:

A song by Nicki on The Pinkprint that features Ariana.

To answer the question in the OP, I think this song had the same fate as Black Widow did.

A song very similar to DH that wasn't finished in time for Prism, so Katy gave it to Nicki the same way she gave Black Widow to Iggy.

Katy was supposed to be singing on Black Widow, but due to scheduling conflict couldn't record her part.

I'm guessing something similar happened with Get On Your Knees as well, so Nicki just got Ari instead.

I think what happened was she was chasing that pop-trap sound with Dark Horse and she wrote a few songs in that vain (BW with Stargate who produced other songs on Prism and Dr Luke who produced DH), but they are basically rehashes of DH lbr. And it seemed she wasn't that keen on Dark Horse but it had such a strong reaction she had to release it as a single 

Plus she was reaching peak exposure in 2014 and was about to go on a very extended break from releasing music. Also Iggy's popularity was starting to decline and at that point people still didn't like Nicki after the Roman Reloaded so they would've been two risky features

Nicki clearly intended to keep Katy on it, hence the shoutout she gives her in the song 

Her backing vocals are still in it, though!

1:38 - 1:51 she is doing the "ha-ha-haa"

2:20 - 2:38 she is doing the "ahs" - "primal" "ough fooor" and the "waaaant it all"/"negoootiobaale" in the background as well!

it's a shame the official instrumental isn't online, i remember listening to it with the backigns and it was clearly Katy!

3 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

2:20 - 2:38 she is doing the "ahs" - "primal" "ough fooor" and the "waaaant it all"/"negoootiobaale" in the background as well!

it's a shame the official instrumental isn't online, i remember listening to it with the backigns and it was clearly Katy!

Have never noticed this cry1 ty

if you find instrumental with backing vs pls post cry1 

4 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

Wow, I NEVER noticed this, holy shit let me listen

1 hour ago, Dangerous Jim said:

I think what happened was she was chasing that pop-trap sound with Dark Horse and she wrote a few songs in that vain (BW with Stargate who produced other songs on Prism and Dr Luke who produced DH), but they are basically rehashes of DH lbr. And it seemed she wasn't that keen on Dark Horse but it had such a strong reaction she had to release it as a single 

Plus she was reaching peak exposure in 2014 and was about to go on a very extended break from releasing music. Also Iggy's popularity was starting to decline and at that point people still didn't like Nicki after the Roman Reloaded so they would've been two risky features

Nicki clearly intended to keep Katy on it, hence the shoutout she gives her in the song 

That makes all the sense, especially the overexposure and risky features stuff.

Thanks for that, I was kinda wondering about the real situation behind GOYK!

5 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

What in the actuall fuck of all fucks, lemme go listen right now.

9 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

I didn't hear it at 1:38 but holy shit the 2nd part i never noticed it

@Dangerous Jim I'm searching liike crazy and can't find it cry5

@Jake i don't know if you have an iPod -  hope I can explain.

When I listen to music with my iPod, I slowly pull out the headphones, but just a little bit! (oh god, that sounds weird, sorry) So you can hear a lot of the background vocals and backing instrumental! You can definately hear her at 1:38 then scream1bey6

It's not working with my phone, so I use it with my MP3 Player to listen what's there

4 minutes ago, Kenya said:

I didn't hear it at 1:38 but holy shit the 2nd part i never noticed it

It's hard to spot the first part but there are ha-ha-haa breathy background vocals, and they are so clearly Katy's cry9 

1 minute ago, Justas said:

It's hard to spot the first part but there are ha-ha-haa breathy background vocals, and they are so clearly Katy's cry9 

reported

ny1 

1 minute ago, Jake said:

It's REALLY clear in this video at the 2:20 mark

THANK YOU! Yeeees, the 1:38 is now also good to hear! So we kinda had a feature of Nicki, Ari and Katy cry5