Bubble

Random Question: Do you believe there is any Shawn Mendes single more known than 212?

Can you name me a Shawn Mendes song that is known more by the GP than 212?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Can you?

• No I cannot
    • Yes I can
    • Who is Shawn Mendes?
    • 212 has longevity. Shawn Mendes doesnt even have that kind of leverage on Radio Disney
    • Both are equally remembered

We know 212 is superior in terms of quality, BUT

Which is more UNIVERSALLY known? Which music attracts more listeners outside of its usual demographic?

giphy.gif

Just answer via the poll. Xox - Bubble

1 minute ago, Infrared said:

Treat You Better has almost 600 M plays on Spotify, so there's the answer

Ah yes I knew there was another one I was forgetting.

I'd say Stitches and Treat You Better are both definitely more known than 212.

37 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

at the very least I think people can hum out at least the chorus of Stitches... and probably like the first line of 212 from vine or something. dead7 

What is stitches? As in Lilo and Stitch?

Spotify listens? Really? Of course the Tweens are going to show out for spotify and YT views. Im asking which is more generally known. I honestly havent heard any Shawn song on British radios AT ALL. 212 crossed Channels and oceans. Shawn is Domestic. 212 was a 1st World hit (and 2nd world. The Brazilians llove ha)

1 minute ago, Bubble said:

Spotify listens? Really? Of course the Tweens are going to show out for spotify and YT views. Im asking which is more generally known. I honestly havent heard any Shawn song on British radios AT ALL. 212 crossed Channels and oceans. Shawn is Domestic. 212 was Western wide

212 was a complete flop outside of a few countries in western Europe and even in the countries it was a hit, it failed to peak at #1 on any of the main charts. Stitches was a #1 song in the UK.

4 minutes ago, Bubble said:

Spotify listens? Really? Of course the Tweens are going to show out for spotify and YT views. Im asking which is more generally known. I honestly havent heard any Shawn song on British radios AT ALL. 212 crossed Channels and oceans. Shawn is Domestic. 212 was a 1st World hit (and 2nd world. The Brazilians llove ha)

who?

8 minutes ago, Bubble said:

What is stitches? As in Lilo and Stitch?

wow you're really funny

4 minutes ago, Bubble said:

so what evidence do you have to throw to support that 212 crossed channels and oceans other than spotify and YT views? your itunes play count? 🤔

21 minutes ago, Americunt said:

212 was a complete flop outside of a few countries in western Europe and even in the countries it was a hit, it failed to peak at #1 on any of the main charts. Stitches was a #1 song in the UK.

Youre looking at this the wrong way. Shawn got a #1 after amassing a Disney watching following. Uk kids love buying Boyband music, hence why One Direction and Bieber eat the charts here.

212  however was a debut single with no label backing, which managed charted top 15 in the UK just off the back of cascade knowledge of the single. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I've never heard 212 ever. But I have heard Stitches many times, Mercy an okay amount of times, and I Know What You Did Last Summer because Camila.

Treat You Better has almost 600 M plays on Spotify, so there's the answer

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.