Americunt

Lust For Life is 18 tracks long

"I'm in a good mood," she tells Newsbeat after her slot at Radio 1's Big Weekend. "I'm really enjoying the shows I've been doing."

Her new album, Lust For Life, is completed and comes out in July.

"Regardless of how reviews go, I wanted to make songs I'd have fun singing for the next couple of years," she says, "It took me two years to make this record."

Fans have noticed a difference in her stage presence too. She's added dancing and choreography with her backing singers, which she says took "a good six weeks" to learn.

It does seem to add up to a usually shy pop star enjoying herself on and off stage. Sonically, she says the sound of Lust For Life "jumps around a lot. It mixes a more acoustic sound to a heavier beatsy darker sound that's similar to Born To Die."

She admits it's a "really long record" and says she "couldn't leave anything out". It extends to 18 tracks.

People have already heard the title track, Lust For Life, her duet with The Weeknd, a singer she's worked with numerous times. She says he has "a one of a kind" voice and has "perfect pitch, perfect everything".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40073561/lana-del-rey-on-her-new-album-im-in-a-good-mood

1 minute ago, Jake said:

This just makes the July wait all that more EXCITING giveup1 

I'm also happy that she seems to be happy about releasing this record as well giveup1 + she also admitted that the album's gonna be a clusterfuck, but I'm sure the messiness will be smoothed across the 18 tracks

Worth the wait! To refresh your memory, here's a list of the songs we know about:

1. Architecture/Best American Record
2. Beautiful People (feat. Stevie Nicks)
3. Cherry
4. God Bless America
5. Love
6. Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd)
7. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Lennon)
8. When The World Was At War, We Kept Dancing
9. Yosemite
10. 13 Beaches

Assuming all of these make the record, that means there are still 8 tracks we know nothing about. Coachella could make the album, but one division of UMG tweeted that it wasn't on the final tracklist, so I think we'll have to wait and see.

6 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

I'm also happy that she seems to be happy about releasing this record as well giveup1 + she also admitted that the album's gonna be a clusterfuck, but I'm sure the messiness will be smoothed across the 18 tracks

I just HOPE she goes on tour, my god I need to see her live

6 minutes ago, Tampon said:

yas2 I hope there aren't any shitty (interlude) (intro) (reprise) and the likes!

I might be okay with one interlude among these. Just a little 2 minute thing to transition between sections of the album would be cute, since she's said there's a clear delineation between the raw/acoustic tracks and the bigger productions.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope there aren't any shitty (interlude) (intro) (reprise) and the likes!

FUKCK YES  FUCK YES  FUCK YES  MAKE ME OOH.M4A QUEEN  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.