jdpm1991

YouTube bans a Madonna video and 2 Janet videos

I can sort of understand Erotica since it can be considered 'explicit' and not suitable for younger viewers, but why NOW? laughcry1 Especially after being on YouTube for years, I'm sure lots of people have already seen it, what is the point?

I'm not sure why Miss You Much and Rhythm Nation are banned. There's nothing about them that is explicit and nothing that needs to be age-restricted. It doesn't make sense to me.

23 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Erotica is still available to watch, they blocked the sound, because copyright. It has never been uploaded on any official channel anyway.

Not true. It was uploaded, but it was blocked outside 13 countries, until 3 weeks ago. Now it's deleted.

2 minutes ago, Angelus said:

Not true. It was uploaded, but it was blocked outside 13 countries, until 3 weeks ago. Now it's deleted.

Oh, must have been blocked in my country all this time, cuz I never seen it on any official channel. Oh well. This doesn't make much of a difference to me.

Can we make a useful petition for ONCE and ask Warner to upload all of her videos to fucking VEVO??? It's getting ridiculous by now. I mean...I have the Celebration DVD and the DVDs from IC and 93:99 but still...

8 hours ago, Yzma said:

Can we make a useful petition for ONCE and ask Warner to upload all of her videos to fucking VEVO??? It's getting ridiculous by now. I mean...I have the Celebration DVD and the DVDs from IC and 93:99 but still...

This tbh!

Although she apparently has a VEVO now? Like on the actual vevo.com site most of her videos are uploaded now dead2 not sure if it's always been like this, but she needs to get them on her YouTube VEVO channel now. They could always just move the existing videos over to her channel like they did with Katy's pre-Firework videos that were on another channel.

8 hours ago, Yzma said:

On vevo.com, I think most of her videos are uploaded but for some reason they are not on YouTube. You can even watch Erotica on vevo.com

https://www.vevo.com/artist/madonna

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

vevo is still not available ww

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

On vevo.com, I think most of her videos are uploaded but for some reason they are not on YouTube. You can even watch Erotica on vevo.com

https://www.vevo.com/artist/madonna

Some of them were uploaded to vevo last year, because Warner finally signed deal with vevo, but not with YouTube//Vevo, so they won't be uploaded there.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

This tbh!

Although she apparently has a VEVO now? Like on the actual vevo.com site most of her videos are uploaded now dead2 not sure if it's always been like this, but she needs to get them on her YouTube VEVO channel now. They could always just move the existing videos over to her channel like they did with Katy's pre-Firework videos that were on another channel.

Is that  even possible? dead4 What about videos that have 2 uploads - on both Warner and Madonna? Is there a chance to merge them?

Anyway, Madonna fans spammed youtube and ban was removed fall1 

Janet and Madonna have two of the best pop videographies around and are our younger fav's mothers. It is an injustice that their visual work can't be completely and comprehensively represented on Vevo for younger people to peruse.

Warner Bros., get it together!
Capitol (Virgin) and Island, get it together!