error404

Witness Track List and Descriptions

From a listening party in Germany! The track list and descriptions for almost all of the tracks are out. I'm so excited for this to come out but I'm really hoping it doesn't flop. Concert sales come THROUGH kr1

1. Witness. They didn't cut the intro. I'm not sure whether the "**** hit the fan" lyric is still there, maybe I missed it because I was too excited.

There are whistles towards the end, and i don't mean singing whistle notes, it's actual whistling and it fits perfectly. They shortened the outro, there was a piano, I believe? Not sure anymore. One of the boys she used to date asked her at the end of 2015 what the first song she'd write for a new record would be. She liked the word and the title and it just meant something to her. She actually started writing the song weeks or even months later. It also talks about how many of us feel invisible and everyone's talking but no one actually listens. (Katy Perry, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Ali Payami)

2. Hey Hey Hey is, as I already said, one of my personal favorites. Uptempo and much less cringeworthy than you might think. It features some lined about her being a doll? She said it's about how she's so much more than one thing. Some lines are about stuff like you can't break me or something along those lines, but I was too busy to remember the titles and the music was incredibly loud, which made it hard to understand. But I bopped. (Katy Perry, Max Martin, Ferras, Shellback and Sia)

3. *didn't play* (Various Artists, Max, Ferras, Shellback, Ali)

4. Swish Swish (feat. Nicki Minaj) (Katy Perry, Duke Dumont, Sarah Hudson & Brittany Hazzard)

5. Deja Vu is great, too. The part we heard is the chorus, and the instrumental made the lyrics so much better. Sorry for not remembering more lyrics. She didn't say anything about it. She played Power next. (Katy Perry, Hayden James, Thomas Stell & Alqaisi)

6. Power... that's goddess. The drums are, as I already said, a little bit annoying. The drum rolls  (is that what you call it?) kind of interrupt the whole thing which was a little bit off-putting initially. But it's a great track nonetheless. Even in the dark I glow was... I'm not sure whether it was the bridge since I can't listen to the snippets right now but we've heard the bridge already. She said the song is about simply taking back your power if you feel like you aren't treated the way you should be. Because we've got that power. (Katy Perry & Jack Garratt)

7. Mind Maze whatever it may be called in real life, was one of my least favorites. I think that was the one similar to Swish Swish, but it didn't resonate that well with me. Could be the lazy dab, but don't be mad if I'm wrong. The music was ****ing loud. (Katy Perry, Sarah Hudson, Ali Payami, Purity Ring)

8. Miss You More. A ballad. Cute and beautifully sung but I'm not that much into ballads and it was a little bit boring. "I miss you more than I'd love to" - I kinda almost teared up, though. And she started tapping her face with a handkerchief, so maybe she was emotional about it, too?

By the way she was in the studio until two weeks ago. (Katy Perry, Sarah Hudson, Ali Payami, Purity Ring)

9. Chained to the Rhythm (feat. Skip) Chained was the most obvious single choice, I'd say. (Katy Perry, Skip Marley, Max Martin, Sia Furler & Ali Payami)

10. Tsunami. "Take a swim with me"? Or similar to that. Features lyrics about someone being like a sailor to her and being her anchor. That's Dive. The beat is fantastic. As I already said it's Dive. Featured the word "ripple" (Katy Perry, Mike Will Made It, Sarah Hudson, Mia Moretti & Scooly)

11. Bon Appetit (feat. Migos) (Katy Perry, Max Martin, Shellback, Oscar Holter, Ferras Alqaisi, Quavious Marshall, Kiari Cephus & Kirsnick Ball)

12. Bigger Than Me. Didn't really sound like Sia if you ask me. Doesn't mean anything, though. I actually enjoyed the song but don't remember too much about it. Felt a little tropical at times? (Katy Perry, Sarah Hudson, Oscar Holter & Purity Ring)

13. Save As Draft. That was slower, too. But I wouldn't label it filler. She explained the concept to us because most of the people in the audience didn't know what it meant 
:deadbanana: sometimes when you write emails to your ex boyfriend you should just save them as draft. She said it was also known as SAD and made a funny sad face. (Katy Perry, Max Martin, DJ Mustard, Noonie Bao, Elof Loelv, Twice as Nice)

14. Pendulum. The choir is featured throughout the chorus. It's not bad at all. Let me repeat. It. Is. Not. Bad. She stopped playing it after a few seconds because she thought us not knowing save as draft would mean that we didn't understand the word Pendulum, either :deadbanana: Said she didn't know what it was for quite some time. Then after explaining it she started it again. It's a cute bop. I really liked the instrumental. (Katy Perry, Sarah Hudson, Jeff Bhasker)

15. Into Me You See. Is a ballad, remains a ballad, doesn't end up as a dance track. She went to the back of the room to listen with us. It's very beautiful, there's a piano and it kinda reminded me of BTGOG but better. She says intimacy. You cracked me wide open or stuff like that? It could be that it's not her favorite song, but it's the one most important for her. She said that could mean it's actually one of her favorites?

One song featured lines like I stumble ... I juggle. Maybe it was Bigger Than Me, I'm not sure of anything anymore. (Katy Perry, Alqaisi, Hot Chip)

Source: Person who attended the listening party in Germany

Gonna post a quick Disclaimer here. 

The source is the ATRL user 'mandym' who attended the party. She gave the information of the track names and descriptions. The credits for the tracks were assumptions by myself and one other ATRL user based on the itunes metadata; because excluding Roar and This Moment (which she didn't play in 2013), the songs at the PRISM party were listened to in tracklist order, so assuming the same applies here; this would be the case. Track 3 would be the likely one missed as the Various Artists credits exist, and mandy said there's no features in the songs she heard. This would also line up as we know Witness is track #1, Power is #6, Into Me You see is #15 and Pendulum is likely #14. She also said that she may have gotten the order of the later tracks mixed up (i.e. SAD could be #12 and BTM could be #13; so their credits could be swapped). 

Ok continue maisy 

2 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

other than save as draft which sounds weird I'm okay with all of this yas2 most excited for the Power and the LOUD Mind Maze!

shut up Save As Draft is such a good title oprah4 i've saved as draft so many mails to ex-loved ones oprah4

And on a personal note, I'm most excited for the final Witness, Into Me You See, Miss You More, Bigger than Me, Tsunami, Save as Draft, and Pendulum antm1 havent listened to any of the snippets. Looking forward to Power and Hey Hey Hey too tbh. bring it katheryn. giveup1 

God I am so excited cry1 sounds fucking epic

I remember how excited I was for Prism when we got listening party details, and it's the same for this cry1 I wish there were a few more Max Martin songs we hadn't heard yet but oh well cry1 ready for new producers

20 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Gonna post a quick Disclaimer here. 

The source is the ATRL user 'mandym' who attended the party. She gave the information of the track names and descriptions. The credits for the tracks were assumptions by myself and one other ATRL user based on the itunes metadata; because excluding Roar and This Moment (which she didn't play in 2013), the songs at the PRISM party were listened to in tracklist order, so assuming the same applies here; this would be the case. Track 3 would be the likely one missed as the Various Artists credits exist, and mandy said there's no features in the songs she heard. This would also line up as we know Witness is track #1, Power is #6, Into Me You see is #15 and Pendulum is likely #14. She also said that she may have gotten the order of the later tracks mixed up (i.e. SAD could be #12 and BTM could be #13; so their credits could be swapped). 

Ok continue maisy 

Yes thank you for this!! Read this everyone!

2 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

And on a personal note, I'm most excited for the final Witness, Into Me You See, Miss You More, Bigger than Me, Tsunami, Save as Draft, and Pendulum antm1 havent listened to any of the snippets. Looking forward to Power and Hey Hey Hey too tbh. bring it katheryn. giveup1 

Judging by the snippets, you aren't going to be disappointed giveup1

1 minute ago, Dangerous Jim said:

God I am so excited cry1 sounds fucking epic

I remember how excited I was for Prism when we got listening party details, and it's the same for this cry1 I wish there were a few more Max Martin songs we hadn't heard yet but oh well cry1 ready for new producers

2, 3, and 13 are Max too. (Probably Hey Hey Hey, an unknown track with a feature, and either SAD/BTM). And there's the two deluxe tracks which we don't have info on rn. So they could maybe be Max too, I guess. maisy 

4 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

2, 3, and 13 are Max too. (Probably Hey Hey Hey, an unknown track with a feature, and either SAD/BTM). And there's the two deluxe tracks which we don't have info on rn. So they could maybe be Max too, I guess. maisy 

Yeah true moo1 Also Ali Payami is Max's protege so that's sufficient for me maisy Excited for what the deluxe tracks will be

39 minutes ago, Malfoy said:

She stopped playing it after a few seconds because she thought us not knowing save as draft would mean that we didn't understand the word Pendulum, either :deadbanana:

tbh i didn't know what pendulum meant until she put it on her instastory a few months backs moo3

On 29/5/2017 at 11:26 PM, RihannaRTT said:

The Power snippets are fire.