Jony

CNN fires Kathy Griffin over decapitation video

Kathy Griffin will not be back as co-host of CNN's annual New Year's Eve program, the network announced Wednesday.

CNN's decision comes one day after photos were released of Griffin that showed the comedian holding up a bloody head resembling that of President Donald Trump. 

"CNN has terminated our agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on our New Year's Eve program," the network said in a statement. 

Griffin has apologized for the photos, taken by provocative celebrity photographer Tyler Shields. She asked for them to be removed in a apologetic video statement she posted to Instagram late Tuesday. 

"I beg for your forgiveness. I went too far," she said in the video. "I made a mistake and I was wrong." 

Griffin has co-hosted CNN's annual New Year's Eve program alongside Anderson Cooper since 2007. 

On Tuesday night, a CNN spokesperson called the photos "disgusting and offensive."

CNN

kii at reporters getting fired left and right from the left and right lotus1

If there's one good thing out of this election, it seems like political correctness and common sense is having a comeback.

idk her (i did google her tho - still dont know her). lemme find that video. jj2 

EDIT: i saw images of it but i dont get why its either offensive or disturbing tbh. it doesnt show any organs, just blood. but that is just me ig.

On 6/1/2017 at 2:56 AM, Gilly said:

this is an overreaction lmao stupid asses, theres other more serious issues happening in the world ffs

True, but in what way does that matter when it comes to who CNN decides to employ?