Jae

KABUL suicide bombing kills at least 90, leaves 400+ wounded

Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) - A huge suicide bomb ripped through a secure area of Kabul at the height of the Wednesday morning rush hour, killing at least 90 people and wounding 400, Afghan officials said.

The blast, which came a few days into the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, was one of the deadliest to hit the capital in recent years.
The bomb exploded in the diplomatic quarter near the German Embassy and the Afghan presidential palace. The streets were packed with commuters, women shopping and children going to school, and the blast appears likely to result in a high civilian death toll.

170531093938-03-kabul-bomb-attack-0531-e

170531103310-18-kabul-bomb-attack-0531re

Kinda surprised there was no thread for this yet. In the West we react with such shock when it occurs to us, but seem to not be too bothered when it happens to these countries that face these horrors on a more frequent basis. 

So sad & RIP.

7 minutes ago, Jae said:

Kinda surprised there was no thread for this yet. In the West we react with such shock when it occurs to us, but seem to not be too bothered when it happens to these countries that face these horrors on a more frequent basis. 

So sad & RIP.

Tbh.

When the Manchester incident happened, I was of course upset about that and that hit way too close to home. But at the same time it made me check my privilege. It reminded me that this kind of stuff happens literally all the time in other parts of the world.

I'm speechless.

To know this kind of shit still happens on a regular basis makes me lose faith in humanity every hour of the day. But it also makes me realize how much good we still have, that it makes everyone come together, becoming selfless and helping one another get back on their feet, which in return gives me hope for our future.

May those innocent victims rest in peace and praying for those injured.

16 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Tbh.

When the Manchester incident happened, I was of course upset about that and that hit way too close to home. But at the same time it made me check my privilege. It reminded me that this kind of stuff happens literally all the time in other parts of the world.

Yeah. Nothing wrong with being scared with it happening closer to home, but to literally not even know when it happens elsewhere is concerning. I have not seen this being shared on Facebook, where everyone was sharing article after article on Manchester. We just have to stop pretending like these are "rare" occurrences just because it hardly happens here, for many they're very frequent. 

This is horrifying, after what happened in Manchester it really goes to show that this could happen anywhere at any time.

I hope that the 400 injured can get get proper medical care and that 400 and that the 90 killed are at rest now, RIP ohno1