Say Lou Lou

Why was Mariah's best song snubbed from #1?

It was already a huge #1 hit by Harry Nilsson two decades earlier, so I guess Americans weren't too keen on having it go #1 again, especially after Mariah nabbed a #1 for the Jackson 5's "I'll Be There" performance that she did earlier that year.  It was the 3rd single from Music Box, the previous 2 singles were already #1s, plus I think it was released alongside 'Never Forget You' so it didn't get that full single treatment. It didn't even have an official video.

But it was a HUGEEEE hit in Europe and she always performs it when she's touring there. yas1 

It might've not gone #1, but it's IMPACT was huge ie:

1 minute ago, Sylk said:

It was already a huge #1 hit by Harry Nilsson two decades earlier, so I guess Americans weren't too keen on having it go #1 again, especially after Mariah nabbed a #1 for the Jackson 5's "I'll Be There" performance that she did earlier that year.  It was the 3rd single from Music Box, the previous 2 singles were already #1s, plus I think it was released alongside 'Never Forget You' so it didn't get that full single treatment. It didn't even have an official video.

But it was a HUGEEEE hit in Europe and she always performs it when she's touring there. yas1 

lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1

3 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Mess i didn't know it was a cover jay1  #SylkINFORMS

1 minute ago, LanaxGaga said:

Mess i didn't know it was a cover jay1  #SylkINFORMS

Mariah version better! She makes covers sound like her own songs btw sia1 

2 hours ago, Vilppu said:

Yikes.

Anyway, her actual best song, The Roof, received an airplay-only release, therefore was ineligible to chart at the time.

He's not a lamb, we don't wanna scare him away now do we?

tumblr_inline_on1mc71XzS1sz91mc_500.gif