jdpm1991

More impact: in the Zone vs Good Girl Gone Bad

ITZ further confirmed Britney's status as LEGEND. GGGB was the skyrocketing of Rihanna... interesting1 

I'd go with ITZ because it's harder to reaffirm your position in the industry than it is to explode with a song or two clap3 

Impact on what exactly? Their own careers, future pop stars, the market, what?

As for my own opinion, both are very good and I understand why you would compare them, but I definitely have a lot more love for ITZ. GGGB has some of very best singles though.

In the zone.

Clearly this had single, all over them.

(I Got That) Boom Boom

Breathe On Me

Early Mornin'

Touch Of My Hand

Singles

Me Against The Music

Toxic

Everytime

Outrageous

Tough one. But I would say GGGB. interesting1

In the Zone is by far the better album, that's not up for debate. Britney was also very involved in the making of the album, unlike Rih on GGGB, and people started seeing a potential they didn't know was there. Sadly knee-gate happened and her best era had to come to an early end, and then her personal life got in the way of her career.

GGGB skyrocketed Rihanna to the top, had a long string of hit singles, Unbrella is iconic (a Britney reject, ironically) and basically inaugurated the most important pop career of this generation. That's about all it has, really, but that's enough to say it had more impact than ITZ. You have to look at how their careers developed after these records, and Rihanna wins by far. There's a reason her fans remind us that SHE WROTE EVERYTIME and scream how ITZney/Primeney/2004ney is back everytime there's little improvement in her live performances: Britney as a professional didn't live up to ITZ's legacy. Whilst Rihanna only kept getting bigger and better.

In the Zone is the better album but it wasn't nearly as successful for Brit as GGGB was for Rihanna and I still hear most of the singles from the latter album play at all kinds of clubs/parties/etc. I think it had more impact overall but I prefer ITZ. Still, quality and preference are not up for debate, so I'm gonna vote for GGGB.

GGGB WAS THE SKYROCKETING FOR RIHANNA ESPECIALLY AFTER SHE DECLINED WITH A GIRL LIKE ME BUT SHE IMPACTED  DIGITAL SALES AT THAT TIMEaretha1

ITZ SOLIDIFIED BRIT'S REPUTATION AND IS ONE OF HER BEST ALMOST ALL OF THE OTHER SONGS HAD SINGLE-MATERIAL ALL OVER THEM:D

4 minutes ago, NOVAAYEARZ said:

GGGB WAS THE SKYROCKETING FOR RIHANNA ESPECIALLY AFTER SHE DECLINED WITH A GIRL LIKE ME BUT SHE IMPACTED  DIGITAL SALES AT THAT TIMEaretha1

ITZ SOLIDIFIED BRIT'S REPUTATION AND IS ONE OF HER BEST ALMOST ALL OF THE OTHER SONGS HAD SINGLE-MATERIAL ALL OVER THEM:D

When did she decline with AGLM? dead2 

Just now, NOVAAYEARZ said:

Oh no that'll NEVA be a problem for Rihanna,NOT HER,NOT ROBYN

Oh my bad then!

AGLM had better singles but MOTS had better album tracks, both are Rihanna's worst albums though. orangu1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ITZ further confirmed Britney's status as LEGEND. GGGB was the skyrocketing of Rihanna...   I'd go with ITZ because it's harder to reaffirm your position in the industry than it is to explode wit

Toxic>>>> anything on GGGB, even tho Umbrella comes close 

I prefer GGGB, i only like ITZ singles tbh 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.