BeyIsACunt

Bill Maher, "I am a house nigger"

9 hours ago, Rosé. said:

It wasn't that funny, but it was still funny.

#FreedomOfSpeech

so using racial slurs are ok to say because of freedom of speech? brit3 \

3 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

yes, just like "gays are going to hell," "gays are abominations," "women are less than men," and "chinks," oh and "spics." :)

that is freedom of speech. so those are all fine to say. :) 

Well, he's pretty obviously not trying to disparage anyone with this comment - he was jokingly asked about working in the fields, thus setting him up for the (also tongue in cheek) comment that he made. I don't really care about either story, but anyone who is offended by this and not the Kathy Griffin thing is kind of a hypocrite just picking and choosing where to place their offense based on whether they like the person or not. 

5 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

Yes. If someone called me a "honky faggot" in a joking, non-derogatory context I'd be fine with that and even if I was offended, I shouldn't have the right to say that the person who said that to me shouldn't have. Same goes for "nigger". If you restrict what words people can use in every context, then you're restricting freedom of speech. 

I find it funny that you would question me, since you listen to Marilyn Manson's cover of Rock N Roll Niger, when he is using the N word in a non discriminatory context. I thought you'd already understand that it's not just the words you use, but the context of the situation they're used in.

11 minutes ago, Rosé. said:

Yes. If someone called me a "honky faggot" in a joking, non-derogatory context I'd be fine with that and even if I was offended, I shouldn't have the right to say that the person who said that to me shouldn't have.

Didn't you have a meltdown over a Mod using the f word endearingly?

lj1

13 hours ago, Rosé. said:

I can't wait till all comedians get unfairly shamed into silence and life becomes even bleaker and more boring.

If this is the position people are taking then I don't wanna hear SHIT about Kathy Griffin's little Trump head anymorejj4

1 hour ago, Rosé. said:

Yes. If someone called me a "honky faggot" in a joking, non-derogatory context I'd be fine with that and even if I was offended, I shouldn't have the right to say that the person who said that to me shouldn't have. Same goes for "nigger". If you restrict what words people can use in every context, then you're restricting freedom of speech. 

I find it funny that you would question me, since you listen to Marilyn Manson's cover of Rock N Roll Niger, when he is using the N word in a non discriminatory context. I thought you'd already understand that it's not just the words you use, but the context of the situation they're used in.

regardless even if its in a song; it still shouldnt be used ever.i only listen to it because i like the other parts of it. F anf N are #1 on my hate list.

It still wasn't cool to say.. awk1 

Also it really annoys me watching people defend or justify the use of the n word being used by white people awk1awk1awk1 

Freedom of Speech doesn't give anyone the right to be so ignorant on understanding why that word isn't really cool to use.