Savage

Is the "pop girl" era over?

POP GIRL ERA  

44 members have voted

1. 1. is the "pop girl" era over?

• Yes, male artists are taking over.
    • No.
  2. 2. Will taylor swift save the day with TS6?

It's a cycle, and even though it's a dry period for them right now I think there will be a new wave of successful female pop artists debuting soon enough. Just like Britney, Christina, and DC debuted in the late 1990s and Katy/Gaga debuted and Rihanna/Taylor's popularity grew in the late 2000s to shake things up, they will rise again. gaycat1

Just because Katy's underperforming doesn't mean the "pop girl era" is over, omgawk1

Look at Alessia Cara, Julia Michael's new song, Rihanna, Beyonce, Miley, Selena, Ariana, even Halsey's album is doing pretty gooddead4

18 minutes ago, Luca. said:

Leave Dua alone! brit2 

I like ha but lbr she won't be a big star anytime soon wendy3 Zara could if she had the bops

3 minutes ago, Entea said:

It's about time male artists has some recognition in the pop industry but I feel T6 will save the day for a bit jj2

I totally agree, I think male artist have been so discredited because most stans only stan women (which is nothing wrong with that) but yeah honestly I do hope the females will come back and run the charts like they used to tbh.

2 minutes ago, Scarlett O'Hara said:

No. This goes in cycles - it happened in the 70s, happened in the mid 00s, it's happening now.

I also don't see why everyone is saying "Zara! Dua! Alessia!" when they aren't even above C-List.

Same.

Love 3 of them, but two of them are no where to be seen in the top 10, and AC is only featured in a song, i mean, they're not really doing much, but if bringing them up will make a good argument i won't mind.

PVCPkmm.gif

29 minutes ago, Scarlett O'Hara said:

No. This goes in cycles - it happened in the 70s, happened in the mid 00s, it's happening now.

I also don't see why everyone is saying "Zara! Dua! Alessia!" when they aren't even above C-List.

tea1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It reached its lowest peak, but it won't ever stop.   Once you hit the rock bottom, the only way to go is up! The new wave is coming!  

It's a cycle, and even though it's a dry period for them right now I think there will be a new wave of successful female pop artists debuting soon enough. Just like Britney, Christina, and DC debuted

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.