hector

Do you agree with Hilary Duff on this?

OK guys, so what she said is that when she first started out as a musician, few would take her seriously since she was just known for being on a Disney sitcom for preteens and the only reason she she ultimately made it is very her fanbase stuck with her, and now there's been a big shift in which it's totally acceptable for young Disney actresses to break out into the music industry (she also says something along the lines of that you maybe even have to do both nowadays).

5 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

OK guys, so what she said is that when she first started out as a musician, few would take her seriously since she was just known for being on a Disney sitcom for preteens and the only reason she she ultimately made it is very her fanbase stuck with her, and now there's been a big shift in which it's totally acceptable for young Disney actresses to break out into the music industry (she also says something along the lines of that you maybe even have to do both nowadays).

I kind of agree with what she's saying. It's kind of the mold that most (if not all) female Disney Channel show stars are forced to fit into, regardless of if they can sing, and I do feel like she was one of the main trailblazers for that trend.

7 minutes ago, Breathless Mahoney said:

Of course all the Disney girls break into music, it makes the corporation more profit if they can churn out albums during their peak too jj3

But, to be fair, some of them are much better musicians than actresses, bar Demi, while others are better actresses than musicians, bar Selena. They'll follow wherever the money is rav3

I think she is 100% right.  I was one of those fans that supported her.  She never really had much chart success but she's sold more albums then a lot of the disney stars now (Selena, Demi, maybe even Miley?).  yas2

She was so aware of her influence yet still modest about it here.  clap3

3 hours ago, Michael. said:

um as far as I know Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake are superstars that came from Disney before her? um1 

They were, but they didn't had a show that focused on them solely like Hilary had with Lizzie, that's her point. People don't remember them from the Mickey Mouse Club, it ain't something that's attached to them as Lizzie is to Hilary or Hannah is to Miley. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. Hilary Duff is the true industry pioneer.

Skip to 23:40

shes right 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.