Confess

What singles would you choose for Witness?

I know it's a bit early but after the first listen I have to say she choosed the wrong singles alex1

What would your choices be?

Mine would be:

1. Witness

2. Power

3. Roulette

4. Pendulum

5. Deja Vu

6. Tsunami

It's hard because I don't see this album as radio friendly, but not in a bad way. It's either urban or cheap tropical house. 

But I would choose 

1st single // Witness

Promo single // Deja Vu

2nd single // Power - potential remix with Alessia cara

*Album Release*

3rd single // Hey, Hey, Hey - potential remix with a rapper (if no remix on second single)

4th single // Swish Swish with a killer video. 

5th single // Chained To The Rhythm, but it already struggled as a first single, so I'm not sure how well it'd do as a 5th single.

Honestly, I don't see any Katy ballad doing well in this climate, so it'd be more for music not the bling.

2 minutes ago, Red said:

It's hard because I don't see this album as radio friendly, but not in a bad way. It's either urban or cheap tropical house. 

But I would choose 

1st single // Witness

Promo single // Deja Vu

2nd single // Power - potential remix with Alessia cara

*Album Release*

3rd single // Hey, Hey, Hey - potential remix with a rapper (if no remix on second single)

4th single // Swish Swish with a killer video. 

5th single // Chained To The Rhythm, but it already struggled as a first single, so I'm not sure how well it'd do as a 6th single.

Honestly, I don't see any Katy ballad doing well in this climate, so it'd be more for music not the bling.

I think the last single doesn't has to do well because it's the end of an era and not the start or something like that.

Just now, Maria Mena said:

I think the last single doesn't has to do well because it's the end of an era and not the start or something like that.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I hate when singles get wasted. Final singles should end a strong note, it keeps public interested. That's what worked so well for Teenage Dream and not so well for Prism. 

1 minute ago, Red said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I hate when singles get wasted. Final singles should end a strong note, it keeps public interested. That's what worked so well for Teenage Dream and not so well for Prism. 

I don't care about charts. I only want a good era with 5 or more singles and videos to all singles

1 hour ago, Maria Mena said:

Mine would be:

1. Witness

2. Power

3. Roulette

4. Pendulum

These are flawless. And after that it doesn't really matter; anything from Hey Hey Hey, DejaVu, Tsunami or Bigger than Me as 5th single, and then a ballad if she wanted to end the era on one with a major performance somewhere. (or even CTTR to close the era). 

Witness doesnt have a lot of fillers like Prism but it doesnt have radio-friendly songs tho. Probably her best album clap3 

Witness, Pendulum, Mind Maze would be the perfect choices I guess nat1 

Bigger than Me would be the ballad single tho nat1