Create A Label: Season 6

4,114 posts in this topic

7Tx.png

Design made by @Bleachella

Hosted by Ronlop

Welcome to Create A Label, a game where you can manage artists under your label and release singles and albums.

Every article you post must be a minimum of 400 words (but more is welcome!).

Also, you are only allowed to post a maximum of 15 articles per week for each artist that you signed. 

Since the very first season, there has been a very big improvement in articles so we want to be clear with this season's standards.

This is the format for the articles this season and an article that will not follow this format will simply not count.

W7xgUWZ.jpg

PLEASE INCLUDE:

- Name of region that promo is aiming for (e.g. Europe)

- Title of article (e.g. Florence Welch appears on Le Grand Journal)

- At least one image

- Article (at least 400 words)

- For articles posted as images, please also include a text version of the article title in your post and link it to Shrib where you should include the text version of the full article

7TN.png

Hide contents

http://kworbcal.byethost4.com/?ckattempt=1

You will now be able to track your songs/albums on several regions as well as track your song's position on the radio.

You will also be able to find your albums/singles metacritic score on this website too!

7T7.png

Hide contents

http://kworbcal.byethost4.com/?i=1

Tour Format: 

We have made some changes in terms of how tour grossing will work this season.

Artists will now take 35% of the money made from each tour date.

For example, if your artist did a show and made $1 million, then your artist/label would get $350,000 from that date.

Opening acts will take 2% of the money from each tour date they open for.

7Tr.png

Spoiler

CAL Tube is our new biggest feature this season. A website equivalent to the well-known Youtube exclusively for CAL. 

http://caltube.co/

It also includes the CAL Twitter http://caltube.co/TwitterController/twitterList

There you'll be able to get live feedback from the GP and fans on Twitter.

7Tj.png

Hide contents

Meet your music corporations.

In the OP, there is a list of which label belongs to which music corporation. The music corporation will give you your monthly budget.

@Universal Music Group @Sony Music @Warner Music Group

It's very important to have a great relationship with your music corporation!

For some of you who are independent artists (signed under no corporation), here are the prices:

Spoiler

SINGLES-

• Single Release- USA Release- $500k
  • Single Release- UK Release- $300k
  • Single Release- Asian Release- $200k
  • Single Release- Europe Release- $200k
  • Single Release- Australian Release- $150k
  • Single Release- South American Release- $50k

WORLDWIDE SINGLE RELEASE- $1.4M

AlBUMS-

Digital Only-

• Album Release- USA Release- $2M
  • Album Release- UK Release- $1M
  • Album Release- Asian Release- $800k
  • Album Release- Europe Release- $500k
  • Album Release- Australian Release- $300k
  • Album Release- South American Release- $100k

WORLDWIDE DIGITAL ALBUM RELEASE- $4.7M

Physical Only-

• Album Release- USA Release- $2M
  • Album Release- UK Release- $1M
  • Album Release- Asian Release- $1.5M
  • Album Release- Europe Release- $1.3M
  • Album Release- Australian Release- $800k
  • Album Release- South American Release- $300k

WORLDWIDE PHYSICAL ALBUM RELEASE- $7M

WORLDWIDE DIGITAL+PHYSICAL ALBUM RELEASE- $14M 

RADIO RELEASE-

Send Single to Radio - $1m

OTHERS- 

• Encore- $300k per single/ $3m per album
  • Google Play- $50k per single/ $200k per album
  • Tidal- $10k per single/ $200k per album

7Tb.png

Hide contents

In the beginning of every month, a calendar will be revealed with all the events that are planned for the month. Your music corporation will give you the budget for the month and you will need to book shows with @CAL Business.

If you want to book one of the events on the calendar, a huge deal with a major company or a couple of shows that are from the list below, you will need to send a private message.

If it's Coca Cola you're approaching, you're writing a message to Coca Cola only. One Private Message per request. 

If you'd like for your artist to star in any campaign for a certain company- you need to send a request to @CAL Business! Doesn't matter if that company is a major one or not. Company endorsements/campaigns happen only through CAL Business. 

You can only contact CAL Business for request 3 times per week!

Every TV Show or magazine that isn't on the calendar is free and can be done without sending CAL Business a request.

Every month calendar will have different events and interesting campaigns available for artists.

Radio Promo is free! Every promo that isn't appearing in the list above is free.

7Tm.png

Spoiler

SALES
Every 1 copy of a single = $1 in-game
Every 1 copy of an album = $5 in-game

You take 35% of your weekly tour gross.

zhmNG9r.png

3kW9BTB.png

Ben Farush, CEO of Encore

Get ready for the next big thing in the music field. Get ready for... Encore.

Encore is a music streaming service which will officially launch later this month. The startup has already received millions worth investments from several corporations including the well-known Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group companies.

Developed by Israeli and Brazilian business pioneers, the music service will finally offer a solution to the decline of the music industry in the last couple of years. Based on Nielsen Music, album sales have decreased by nearly 12% in the last year alone with several albums barely grasping the 2m mark in 2017 and only two albums opening with over 1m copies first week (compared to five in 2016).

"Encore is exactly what the music industry needs desperately", said CEO of Encore, Ben Farush, during the press conference earlier today. "Encore will reignite the interest in music purchasing and will decrease the piracy rates. When you have a good legitimate offer, the people will use it.".

Some will hurry to title it as the savior of music purchasing but are we really set to purchase music through Encore? 
According to the presentation today at the press conference in NYC, Encore will not offer music for any price at all. Instead, the content will be entirely free.  Encore is a freemium service, meaning that basic features are free with advertisements, while additional features, including improved streaming quality and offline music downloads, are offered via paid subscriptions.

9zCTa7O.png

Encore Design Preview (c) Edu

Unlike physical or download sales, which pay artists a fixed price per song or album sold, Encore pays royalties based on the number of artists' streams as a proportion of total songs streamed on the service.
Lucian Grainge, CEO of Universal Music Group, has already expressed his support for the new streaming service with a total investment of over $350m which officially made the company get noticed by Nielsen Music & The CAL Hot 100 and caused a change in the Hot 100's long-time formula. According to what has been revealed so far, every 500 streams on Encore will count as 1 single/album sale on the official charts. 

Encore already announced that artists who are part of Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group will automatically join the service on launch day and will have the ability to make their releases exclusively available on the application.
Despite the attempts to push Encore to forefront of the music industry, there are some who are indifferent with it and some who are just simply against it. 

Leona Fluella, CEO of Sony Music, has shared her thoughts regarding the risks behind the service during the press conference earlier today. "Although it sounds promising, we are giving up to piracy and are just opening another door to it by making it legal. We cannot risk an even bigger decline in digital and physical sales and we cannot let music be available for free", she said, "I'm very disappointed in The CAL Hot 100 & Nielsen Music in backing this up and making it happen."
Sources in the music industry confirmed today that artists under Sony Music will not join the service as of today.

Q7ITgxp.png

Leona Fluella is not new with music startups as she launched one herself titled 'SUB' back in September of 2016. SUB which was was co-founded by Fluella and Apple Music Executive, Ian Rogers wasn't well-recieved by the music industry with almost a majority of A-list acts refusing to contribute to the service. SUB garnered only 59k subscribers in a month which ultimately led Apple Music no other choice but to shut it down.
SUB was a fight against streaming services but perhaps SUB's failure proves that you cannot fight what is meant to flourish.

The Encore conference in NYC revealed no actual look behind the anticipated streaming service but it was confirmed that it is set to launch in the next couple of weeks.

Game begins Saturday! Don't post in the thread yet.

n7uNmnB.png
IYtEKbe.gif
hEocHDo.png
DPryNS3.png

LINDSAY LOHAN × BMW

n7uNmnB.png
IYtEKbe.gif
jYTZq61.png
DPryNS3.png

FIRST BMW COMMERCIAL AIRS

Spoiler

8DAAqc6.png

NEW WEBSITE FOR THE LINDSAY LOHAN × BMW CAMPAIGN

n7uNmnB.png
IYtEKbe.gifI0gciRu.png

Z6b23fx.png
DPryNS3.png

LINDSAY LOHAN RELEASES NEW SINGLE

n7uNmnB.png
IYtEKbe.gif
f71po0r.png
DPryNS3.png

LINDSAY RELEASES MUSIC VIDEO

Spoiler

CALTUBE THUMBNAIL FOR LINDSAY LOHAN - LETHAL YOU (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

f7fpR42.png

n7uNmnB.png
IYtEKbe.gif
QZl3XQl.png
DPryNS3.png

LINDSAY LOHAN TAKES OVER SPOTIFY

n7uNmnB.png
IYtEKbe.gif
zOJZzeB.png
LP8tgtt.gif
QEbL1al.png
DPryNS3.png

UPDATED ONLINE STORE IN CELEBRATION OF "LETHAL YOU" BEING RELEASED

ARIANA GRANDE CHANGES TWITTER LAYOUT TO PROMOTE NEW ALBUM AND SINGLE

mo9reYk.png

or3lnYR.png

ARIANA GRANDE | GOOD MORNING AMERICA | UNITED STATES | PAID PROMOTION

Spoiler

ON HER PAST RELEASES + ALBUM CANCELATION

“The songs didn’t work at all. I loved them but I’ve got to be 100% honest in this situation because I don’t think that anyone here doesn’t think that [laughs] but you know what? I accept and embrace that because it only showed me what was I doing wrong in the whole process of making that album, ”Heartbreak Hotel”, which in the end even got cancelled but that was my own decision. I loved writing “Déjå Vu” and “Kaleidoscope” also was amazed by Christina Millian’s writing on “Plain Lovin’” but in the end the songs weren’t me, they didn’t portray my true self. “Kaleidoscope” was different because I wrote that song in memoriam of my best friend and it truly hit home but in some way I wasn’t telling my story, you know what I mean? But I’m totally glad I did that song.. “Heartbreak Hotel”was dead on arrival to be honest, it was an album that wasn’t going to work at and I think that cancelling it was the best decision I’ve ever made.”

FEUDING WITH RIHANNA AND BELLA

“That’s all in the past, girl [laughs] I learned from my mistakes and that’s all. We actually already hanged out and we’re cool! I love them, I thnk they are exceptional girls and artists! The feud that we had never came from a bad place from neither of us, it was actually something that was staged by my previous label. I totally didn’t want to do it but one thing lead to another and well. But the great thing here is that we get along, I adore them and their music and I only wish the best for them! I already talked to them and we’re cool now our fans can stop trying to fight with each other [laughs] I’ve seen what they’re doing on Twitter [laughs] but yeah, that’s all about it to be hoenst. That feud is dead and gone, totally a decision I regret.”

NEW  MUSIC COMING UP!

“I’m so excited! So, so excited for the new music that is coming. I have been working on my self-titlted album called “Ariana Grande” which you can pre-order now [laughs] for a very long time and I wanted to showcase my true self with this brand new project. I’m a woman, I love, I’m intimate, I am a lot of things and I want people to know this side of me. There’s no album date given yet for the release since we’re still working on dates and on some songs but for sure I won’t make my fans wait that long. I promise! [laughs] Now, “Heaven and Hell” is such a breath of fresh air when it comes to my recent music and it’s definitely one of my favourite tracks from the album. It’s so poppy, so fun. Perfect for summer! [Laughs] The song is very important to me and I’m hoping my fans and the general public are enjoying it.”

LIVE PERFORMANCE OF “HEAVEN AND HELL”

After the performance, a 10 second clip of Ariana’s new single was played and then they cut to commercials. Then the host was seen in front of a big set outside the Good Morning America studio and was wearing a very beached theamed outfit. “Ladies and gentleman please welcome Ariana Grande!” and the host throws her big beach hat to the air as the camera went to where Ariana was. The whole set was beach inspired with sand on the floor, the background was a live transmition of Daytona Beach and Ariana was standing in the middle of the set smiling as the song begun. She started singing the first verse of the song and then three male dancers in shorts and without a shirt showcasing their amazing bodies, wearing glasses came to the set and started dancing very energetic with sexy dance moves behind Ariana as she was belting now the chorus. The chorus came through and three female dancers with very tumblr-ish beach outfits came to the stage with big beach balls and threw them to the crowd [this beach balls had the same colours of Ariana’s single cover on it] and Ariana danced next to them in a very sweet but vibrating choreography. The song ended and Ariana smiled to the crowd and said “Thank you so much”and more balls where thrown to the crowd. Hosts of the show in beach themed outfits where now shown and they reminded everyone to pre-order Ariana’s new album and to get her newest single.

You can get Ariana’s new single “Heavaen and Hell” now! Available on various digital platforms and various streaming services such as Encore. “Ariana Grande” is available for pre-order!