Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Nicole Richie

Ke$ha Rocks The Crowd at UC David Arena

kesha1.jpg&width=300&height=300&format=jpg' alt='default_gif4.gif' alt='kesha1'>.jpg&width=300&height=300&format=jpg'>

By Jessica Hoffman

Staff Reporter

While many parents believe the upbeat music of pop star Ke$ha is appropriate for their 6 year-old children, they do not realize how vulgar her lyrics are and how they differ from the radio-edited versions. This was evident the Sept. 13, show at the University of California Davis’ Arc Pavilion.

Although I was expecting the concert’s vulgarity and problems, I was not predicting the young children everywhere and was in shock that parents would bring kids under the age of ten to something this explicit.

Being a fan of Ke$ha, I was excited to be there. Thanks to a promotional company, Moxie, this experience was gifted to my sister and me in the form of two pieces of paper with a barcode.

We were thrilled to watch a performer prance around the stage and sing the catchy phrases which have so often been stuck in our heads.

My 12 year-old sister clinging to my arm, we were ready to dance our hearts out and scream “Your Love is My Drug” at the top of our lungs.

As we walked up to the pavilion, drunken college students ran wild to get to the doors of the concert before the middle aged women and their children

All around new talents were waving their flyers and rapping their lyrics, influencing the minds of all.

Security guards screamed, “SINGLE FILE,” over and over again, while funneling the thousands of people into a small doorway.

Walking into the concert, the first lyrics that are heard are pertaining to sexual actions, and a lifestyle that no parent wants their children to even know it exists. Small children, clad in “Ke$ha” merchandise plugged their ears, while the older students go wild with excitement

After the opening acts end, Ke$ha’s elaborate stage took time to set up. Lights and stairs were added to the original structure and the lights finally went down.

She emerges and the crowd goes wild as the opening beats begin to vibrate the venue. Her costume? A small pair of black spankies, and half of a t-shirt.

Mothers all around me were taken over by a look of panic as their child sang along with the lyrics. One mother even picked up her purse and new Ke$ha merchandise, and pulled what appeared to be a tired 5 year-old and left the concert after one song.

True Ke$ha fans screamed as Ke$ha rocked her songs “Party at a Rich Dude’s House” and “Dinosaur” with elaborate dance routines and a flashing light show.

I was extremely happy as she ended her concert with “Your Love is My Drug”, the exact song I was hoping to hear.

The concert came to a close and glitter and confetti filled the air. My ears were ringing and my throat sore was screaming and cheering. For teenage fans, it was definitely a night to remember.

why the fuck is a 5 year old at a KESHA concert.

Jesus christ, if the mothers actually listened to the music they'd know whether or not to allow her children to attend before they do.

Kesha's not a "bad" role model, certainly not, but she is explicit. For teens, it's good... for 5 year olds... maybe not as much. moo5.gif' alt='moo4'>

why the fuck is a 5 year old at a KESHA concert.

Jesus christ, if the mothers actually listened to the music they'd know whether or not to allow her children to attend before they do.

Kesha's not a "bad" role model, certainly not, but she is explicit. For teens, it's good... for 5 year olds... maybe not as much. moo5.gif' alt='moo4'>

at my show at the meet and greet there was a 6 year old dressed in ke$h bootyshorts and fishnets...

Guest supern☯va
at my show at the meet and greet there was a 6 year old dressed in ke$h bootyshorts and fishnets...

That's... kinda disturbing, lmao. Not something I'd ever wanna have to look at.

And I didn't know you met her! Lucky! Have you posted your M&G picture yet?

That's... kinda disturbing, lmao. Not something I'd ever wanna have to look at.

And I didn't know you met her! Lucky! Have you posted your M&G picture yet?

haha and the fact her mom was with here was even more creepy um1 and no I haven't I look awful in it.

Guest supern☯va

I can only imagine what her mother was wearing... um1

Aw, you should post it one day. I'd love to see it! And I'm sure you don't look anywhere near as bad in it as you think you do. I bet it's a great shot.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.