Sunshine Kitty

Has Witness established it's name on it's own or will it always be an Artpop comparison?

3 minutes ago, barbiej33p said:

It seems like messy albums are known as "___'s Artpop" nowadays, now that Witness is out is that comparison still valid to you guys?

gaga12

The album itself is not messy, but the beginning of the era has been, hence the comparison to artpop. 

Artpop was a MESS that CAN NEVER BE TOPPED, Never, the album itself, the interviews, the tour, the cringe-worthy interviews, twitter meltdowns, the broken promises, the looks, the concept, etc..

NEVER.

Maybe Xtina's lotus comes 2nd... 

Katy's album has BIG ass shoes to fill i believe.

Nothing will ever come close to the pretentious mess that was ARTPOP, the album and era. Not even Katy promoting the worst songs of her best album will come close to it.

Just now, Power Dutchess said:

Um The Ride outflopped orangu1 

The Nelly Furtado era? She's not really a factor anymore, we all saw that coming after TSI. Bionic on the other hand was the first real flop of the decade and wasn't really even expected

11 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Bionic is still THAT flop era for me. Lotus too orangu1 

9 minutes ago, Power Dutchess said:

Um The Ride outflopped orangu1 

Definitely bigger flops than ARTPOP. Spirit Indestructable too but the thing with those is, that ppl were not paying attention to those eras. Nelly and XTina had been in the business for quite a long time when they released their flop albums. Gaga had been in the industry for less than 5 years. orangu1 It was literally the biggest rise and fall of a pop girl. Aside from that, she herself made the whole thing even messier through her pretentious ways and attempts to add meaning or a concept to ARTPOP. Everyone was pretty much watching her go from being the "New Madonna" to being the "New Cindy Lauper". Her popularity decreased immensely from 2008-2013. I mean...it was already cracking in 2011 when the BTW era didn't turn out to be as successful as it seemed in the beginning but ARTPOP literally was the final nail in the coffin.

1 minute ago, Yzma said:

It was literally the biggest rise and fall of a pop girl.

Hm, I'd say Iggy had a bigger fall. At least Gaga has some kind of status, while Iggy went from being the hottest pop girl of the year to struggling to enter the Bubbling Under chart orangu1

I see the reference to Bionic way more frequently in the press it seems. Though Artpop does pop up too, but it's more recent so that may be why.

I do feel personally that Artpop as an era was the worst though, even though I quite enjoy a solid half of the album.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Artpop was a MESS that CAN NEVER BE TOPPED, Never, the album itself, the interviews, the tour, the cringe-worthy interviews, twitter meltdowns, the broken promises, the looks, the concept, etc..

Bi on ic take ya supersonic 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.