error404

Is "Witness" The Most Overrated Song of 2017?

I have no hate against Katy, but I cannot figure out for the LIFE of me the huge hype behind the song Witness. Katycats make it out to be the saving song of 2017. A pop masterpiece. A defining song for Katy. Just look at any of the threads. It's insane.

I just DON'T understand. Witness is SUCH a forgettable, bland, boring, hookless pop song. I have listened to the album in full twice now and Witness multiple times to try to get behind it, but I come up clueless every time. The song isn't showing up ANYWHERE on the charts. Critics have not praised this song in any way, yet Katycats still make it out to be this insane masterpiece. Is this the most overrated song of 2017 here on FOTP and for stans in general? DISCUSS.

Oh and btw Roulette POOPS all over this pop mediocrity whit1 

1 minute ago, Beaux said:

No, "shape of you" is.

Point to one person on this site who thinks "Shape Of You" is a masterpiece brit11 wendysilencegif. SOY is in no way overrated on here ari1

1 minute ago, Malfoy said:

Point to one person on this site who thinks "Shape Of You" is a masterpiece brit11 wendysilencegif. SOY is in no way overrated on here ari1

I'd advise this person to seek help immediately. it can't be a masterpiece when it was already done multiple times prior.

With Witness, when the demo leaked last year, her voice just sounded so vulnerable and beautiful. The most beautiful I had ever heard it sound. Then on top of her vocals, the production was magical, like traveling through a tunnel on a gondola and you suddenly fall down a waterfall, but you land safely and you have a positive and warm chorus. I know this is a lot of imagery and exaggeration on my part, but I simply can't get enough of it. The studio version does the same thing, its just more polished. brit10

1 minute ago, Moedano said:

With Witness, when the demo leaked last year, her voice just sounded so vulnerable and beautiful. The most beautiful I had ever heard it sound. Then on top of her vocals, the production was magical, like traveling through a tunnel on a gondola and you suddenly fall down a waterfall, but you land safely and you have a positive and warm chorus. I know this is a lot of imagery and exaggeration on my part, but I simply can't get enough of it. The studio version does the same thing, its just more polished. brit10

HDGAOGWMWLWU I love this description so much and I'm glad the Kats are getting their life out of it whit1 I hope I'll find what y'all see in it eventually.

5 minutes ago, Malfoy said:

HDGAOGWMWLWU I love this description so much and I'm glad the Kats are getting their life out of it whit1 I hope I'll find what y'all see in it eventually.

I definitely am a Kat after this album. I wasn't a huge Katy fan before but Witness is what I like artists to do at least once in their career and that is to step out of their norm and make something different than what they've done before and to not give a fuck what the GP thinks. 

It's definetly overrated although I wouldn't say "the most overrated song of 2017".

Also, it's not even one of the best songs on Witness. Bigger Than Me and Roulette >>>>

The most overrated of 2017? Probably not. But extremely overrated? Yes. I don't hear the "masterpiece" everyone's talking about tbh, but it's a nice pop song rav2 

25 minutes ago, Moedano said:

the production was magical, like traveling through a tunnel on a gondola and you suddenly fall down a waterfall, but you land safely and you have a positive and warm chorus

I feel the same when I listen to Tsunami and Deja Vu also

The high standards some of the hoes here have. ny12 It's KATY FUCKING PERRY. Did you really expect her to release a Ray of Light? It's a solid pop song on the surface but it has depth to it, just like the album. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, "shape of you" is.

No, it's perfectly rated cause it's perfect  

I have no hate against Katy, but I cannot figure out for the LIFE of me the huge hype behind the song Witness. Katycats make it out to be the saving song of 2017. A pop masterpiece. A defining song fo

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.